Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Yeah, I love and hate how powerful bells are. As much as it was a change I agreed with on a player fun level, I sometimes wonder if removing the aspect where casting a buffed attack spent a stack of Sweeping Wind wasn't a mistake from a balance perspective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Rinkles posted:

Bell monk feels like someone added one too many zeros somewhere. It's awesome, but in a way exemplifies the worst of D3's build design. It's just pure number stacking. I like it when the power jump comes from some neat interaction of skills, or when it breaks the previously established rules. I'm saying "channeling now gives you free meteor spam" is cooler than "attack A is now 1000% more powerful and cheaper".

But it really is insane. Can't imagine doing any more farming with wizard after this. (Also, somehow feel a bit cheated that dash is functionally actually a teleport)

I got news for ya buddy; literally every set for every player is do more damage for cheaper.

if you like etched sigil so much then just play a wizard. and no one hosed up a zero, monks barely populate solo leaderboards.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I got news for ya buddy; literally every set for every player is do more damage for cheaper.

but some do it in more interesting ways than others

e:If an item has Resistance to All as a primary stat, are individual resistances not available as secondary stats?

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Rinkles posted:

e:If an item has Resistance to All as a primary stat, are individual resistances not available as secondary stats?

Correct, barring a few items with a built in single resist like Thundergod's Vigor.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Every build has a mix of "+ damage" and "ability now does This instead of That"

If you're bothered by how powerful you feel, remove your Vengeful Wind or even two Sunwuko pieces until you're lowered to a comfortable difficulty.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I wasn't complaining about lack of difficulty, a stupid thing to do in a game with GRs. I wasn't even really complaining. I was just struck at how comparatively effortless playing with the bell monk was, thus far---I'm well aware I lack the knowledge and experience to talk authoritatively about what's too good or bad when pushing GR levels.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Mind over Matter posted:

Yeah, I love and hate how powerful bells are. As much as it was a change I agreed with on a player fun level, I sometimes wonder if removing the aspect where casting a buffed attack spent a stack of Sweeping Wind wasn't a mistake from a balance perspective.

Sunwuko LTK really needed the change where stacks aren’t consumed. You’d kick a boss and then have to run out to regen stacks...

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Um sunwuko bell monk build fundamentally alters the bell skill by making it a ranged attack and leveraging spirit reduction affix to reduce spender cost so it's a viable main skill, not sure what more you want buddy.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
[socrates' friend Darryl] gently caress him up, Socrates!!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

yeah that part's cool

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

mewse posted:

Sunwuko LTK really needed the change where stacks aren’t consumed. You’d kick a boss and then have to run out to regen stacks...

Yeah, I mean I basically do agree with that. It was annoying the old way for sure. It just leads to always being at 100% max power for the set once you get your stacks going now. I'm much more musing theory here than actually wishing they hadn't changed it.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Rinkles posted:

But it really is insane. Can't imagine doing any more farming with wizard after this. (Also, somehow feel a bit cheated that dash is functionally actually a teleport)

There's a Tal Rasha DB farming build that also sneaks in a Sage's that clears T13 about as fast as monk. So there's still one reason to play Wizard.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

At the start of the season while running my first or second set of bounties, I found a menagerist pair, and got two new pets. However many weeks and an ashaming number of hours in game later, I encounter menagerists again! Very exciting. Popped both of them... and they dropped the same loving pet. F you Bliz.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

bamhand posted:

There's a Tal Rasha DB farming build that also sneaks in a Sage's that clears T13 about as fast as monk. So there's still one reason to play Wizard.

Bell monk can be played with sages pretty easily (I did it last season) as well though. That said, Wizard does get a couple of Aethet Walker/Sages farm builds which are stupid easy to play/farm on.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Wish, that like dash, teleport didn't have that split second cooldown. But you can't as easily get infinite dashes as teleports (afaik, it requires a specific set in the case of dashes).

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

5er posted:

At the start of the season while running my first or second set of bounties, I found a menagerist pair, and got two new pets. However many weeks and an ashaming number of hours in game later, I encounter menagerists again! Very exciting. Popped both of them... and they dropped the same loving pet. F you Bliz.

I thought they were rigged to drop new pets until you have them all.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Devonaut posted:

I thought they were rigged to drop new pets until you have them all.

I don't think it counts until they 'memorize' the pet.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Ooo good to know. If I get a menagerist pair, I'll kill one, open the loot, and then kill the other.

Can you pause the game on PC? On console you can freeze the world for inventory management as long as you're playing solo.

mewse
May 2, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Ooo good to know. If I get a menagerist pair, I'll kill one, open the loot, and then kill the other.

Can you pause the game on PC? On console you can freeze the world for inventory management as long as you're playing solo.

You can generally pause in solo by hitting esc but can't do inv management

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Picking up items, especially from loot piles, must be a chore with a gamepad.

mentalcontempt
Sep 4, 2002

Rinkles posted:

Picking up items, especially from loot piles, must be a chore with a gamepad.

Instead of walking over to something and clicking the left mouse button, I click the X button. I don’t know if it favors selecting higher-quality loot first but it’s pretty painless. Having played for years on PC, I generally prefer console.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
It's not too bad. When you press "A" it just picks up any item that's in your pickup radius. So at the end of a greater rift you just spam A like 10 times without moving and it's done.

Crafting materials and gems collect all available items when you pick up a single one, but that might be the case for pc too.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I have the bad habit of hoarding (since I don't know what might end up useful), so even my character inventory is usually half full. Which means I have to be picky about picking up stuff. Otherwise I'd love a vacuum all button e:oh I think I misunderstood. (the fact that crafting items still don't auto pickup is borderline criminal).

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Crafting materials and gems collect all available items when you pick up a single one, but that might be the case for pc too.

yes

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jul 7, 2018

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Rinkles posted:

I have the bad habit of hoarding (since I don't know what might end up useful), so even my character inventory is usually half full. Which means I have to be picky about picking up stuff. Otherwise I'd love a vacuum all button e:oh I think I misunderstood. (the fact that crafting items still don't auto pickup is borderline criminal).

yes

Always pick up everything

Salvage All at the blacksmith

Were you the guy who posted recently about not having enough basic crafting mats? Stop being picky about picking stuff up!!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Always pick up everything

Salvage All at the blacksmith

Were you the guy who posted recently about not having enough basic crafting mats? Stop being picky about picking stuff up!!

too many clicks

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
in MY diablo?!!?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I'm not lazy, I get RSI easily. cutting down on a large number of clicks is good.

I had intended on playing the game with a controller initially, but I lacked the foresight to check whether the pc version supported it.

Kevin Palpatine
Dec 20, 2017
I got a Gem of Ease and wanted to use it with my newbie demon hunter but I don't think there's a way to get socketed jewelry/weapon at level 17, is there?

mewse
May 2, 2006

Kevin Palpatine posted:

I got a Gem of Ease and wanted to use it with my newbie demon hunter but I don't think there's a way to get socketed jewelry/weapon at level 17, is there?

Hellfire ring or amulet don't have level reqs apparently, a level 25 gem of ease can go in a level 70 weapon and be wielded by a level 1

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Kevin Palpatine posted:

This assumes you have a 70 you've been running rifts with. Level the gem to 25, then put it in a socket for the best lv.70 legendary weapon you can provision for your newbie DH, and blam, you can cruise along in Torment 1 or 2 to 70.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Just knocked out Guardian for the season. Feel a bit burnt out and without goals since I don't give a poo poo about GR pushing leaderboards.

I'm going to play Bulletstorm now and pretend it's Zoltan Kulle's prologue.

mewse
May 2, 2006

5er posted:

Just knocked out Guardian for the season. Feel a bit burnt out and without goals since I don't give a poo poo about GR pushing leaderboards.

I'm going to play Bulletstorm now and pretend it's Zoltan Kulle's prologue.

I also finished guardian. I kinda wanna try rat runs but my new necro is severely undergeared vs my DH main

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Wait why would you socket the gem of ease and not use it with the cube to eliminate an intems level req?

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Wait why would you socket the gem of ease and not use it with the cube to eliminate an intems level req?

If you just socket it, you get to go back and use it to augment an ancient when you're done with it rather than leveling another gem all the way from 1. At least that's what I did :)

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Literally everybody sockets it lmao IDIOT

The +69,420xp on kill is extremely good for leveling up a baby guy (you don't stop upgrading your GoE at 25 do you?!) and also that way your gem isn't tied to one item.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Best thing to do with a Gem of Ease and access to goon communities is to grow one to the highest level you can with your 70 that you earned it with, socket in any piece of gear be it great or lovely, then get someone to PL that character. Should be done in 2 rifts, maybe 3.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
If your gem of ease weapon has both Primary Stat and Vitality, and you also wear hell fire ring and amulet, you should be able to do t6 at level 1 and PL yourself to 70 in 2.5 rifts as well!

5er
Jun 1, 2000

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

If your gem of ease weapon has both Primary Stat and Vitality, and you also wear hell fire ring and amulet, you should be able to do t6 at level 1 and PL yourself to 70 in 2.5 rifts as well!

True, but a PL from someone running an optimized speedfarm build is going to plow through that poo poo soooo much faster, plus most folks in this community enjoy helping.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

5er posted:

plus most folks in this community enjoy helping.

I asked for a PL a few days ago and no one even answered :(

(I'm on Xbox though)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5er
Jun 1, 2000

RCarr posted:

(I'm on Xbox though)

That's your own goddamn fault.