Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
The writer and director of the first three Purge movies also wrote the Francis Ford Coppola directed Jack.

Hollywood is weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

CPL593H posted:

Have you seen the thread with these in GBS? It's really good and worth browsing

I can't find it.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Finally, a recreation of Comicnix's infamous fanfic The Day The Men Found Love with Adam West and Peter Weller reprising their iconic roles.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql1LL8wYwp8

hope my boss doesnt see me running across the street in this clip cause i called in sick today and tomorrow cause we're trying to keep the punches going

also felix told me he mentioned us in the episode they recorded today, so hopefully that spreads the word even more

also, im def gonna get murdered by mobsters

gimme a call man i'll drive to florida to gently caress some guys up

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Gonz posted:

Y’know that de-aging CGI that Marvel did with Michael Douglas in the first Ant Man movie?

Well, uhhhhh, after seeing the sequel tonight, I feel like they’re about a year away from nailing the Uncanny Valley problem entirely and we’re gonna start seeing full-on dead people appearing in future movies as their younger selves with total believability.

They did a really good job advancing that particular artform the last two years. I mean YIKES. It was like they learned their lesson from Tarkin in Rogue One and did the opposite of that.

Note that if you're a NOT a big studio and can't afford the best of the best when it comes to de-aging you should star FAR AWAY. Last year's What Happened To Monday? had a de-aged Glenn Close early on and it was... not great. You can't give a smooth skin and colored hair to an older person and be done for the day.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Mierenneuker posted:

Note that if you're a NOT a big studio and can't afford the best of the best when it comes to de-aging you should star FAR AWAY. Last year's What Happened To Monday? had a de-aged Glenn Close early on and it was... not great. You can't give a smooth skin and colored hair to an older person and be done for the day.

Oh absolutely. Some of the lesser CGI de-aging stuff is PS3 cutscene-esque.

Michelle Pfeiffer in this Ant-Man movie, however, was looking like she stepped off the lot from Scarface.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

hope my boss doesnt see me running across the street in this clip cause i called in sick today and tomorrow cause we're trying to keep the punches going

also felix told me he mentioned us in the episode they recorded today, so hopefully that spreads the word even more

What happens to the tenants if they actually do renovate? because based on the footage even just fixing the walls and getting rid of the mold means people can't live there for a few days. I'm betting there's a poo poo ton of problems with the pipes and poo poo too.

You should still keep fighting the good fight though, and if the mob kills you I will start a kickstarter to hire a hardboiled PI to solve it and possibly kill some mobsters (in self defense).

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Jul 6, 2018

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

why does the mob care about a buncha crappy appartments

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

banned from Starbucks posted:

Same reason the mob cares about the waste disposal business, or lovely corner stores that barely have anything in stock. Money laundering.

Lil Momma posted about how one of the owners of the property was super mobbed up.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Like Skwirl said. And because they probably make a lot of money from rent + subsidies at very little cost and can use muscle to intimidate tenants from complaining or costing too much.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Gonz posted:

Oh absolutely. Some of the lesser CGI de-aging stuff is PS3 cutscene-esque.

Michelle Pfeiffer in this Ant-Man movie, however, was looking like she stepped off the lot from Scarface.

Young Downey Jr. in Civil War looked pretty fantastic too

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Lurdiak posted:

I can't find it.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3861230&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Skwirl posted:

Same reason the mob cares about the waste disposal business, or lovely corner stores that barely have anything in stock. Money laundering.

Lil Momma posted about how one of the owners of the property was super mobbed up.

I can't imagine having the balls to actively antagonize someone you know is mafia. That sort of thing just takes an incredible person.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
"Courage is not absence of fear but action in spite of it." - Bionicle

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

CPL593H posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3861230&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

I can't imagine having the balls to actively antagonize someone you know is mafia. That sort of thing just takes an incredible person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H53kBYo1Jx8

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

A marvellous self-own tweet.

https://twitter.com/yaf/status/1014962369397739520?s=19

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Jul 6, 2018

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Claude Lanzmann died. :(

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Just waited for them to announce Gudrun Burwitz had died.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Who is this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrVoJgQ7u8w

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Holy holy holy poo poo, those are slum conditions.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
I'd enjoy Enemy marginally more if the negatives hadn't been dunked in piss.

Can we get a positive confirmation on who this is?

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I'm afraid it's just one of those mysteries that will never have an answer.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Hell yeah Li'l Mama

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I'd enjoy Enemy marginally more if the negatives hadn't been dunked in piss.

If she'd just said her name I'm sure we could look it up to confirm.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Dissapointed Owl posted:

That's Chappie

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

The writer and director of the first three Purge movies also wrote the Francis Ford Coppola directed Jack.

Hollywood is weird.

That's why they call it Weirdywood.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

CPL593H posted:

I was thinking about it and Thomas Jefferson Goatse would make a good forums name. I wish I would have thought of that instead of a reference to a song most people probably haven't heard.

I’ve heard it, but dang I haven’t listened to Roxy Music in a hot minute. Gonna change that soon. Also, I got the first Mask Omnibus from the library partially due to your recommendation, the poo poo it lit.

therattle posted:

Like Skwirl said. And because they probably make a lot of money from rent + subsidies at very little cost and can use muscle to intimidate tenants from complaining or costing too much.

It’s Section 8 low income government-subsidized housing too, they get that sweet government money and do jack poo poo to help residents with it.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS

they got $90 million in city bonds in Jacksonville alone for their renovation plans on 4 slum properties. This doesn't even figure in that for each unit they are guaranteed fair market housing rate for each unit every month. They also own their own construction business and dont pay their contractors.

Charles Sinito, brother of Tommy Sinito the caporegime (father of the owner), is the head of Millennia's Housing Management department. We found a court doc the other day that's a move for dismissal from Millennia on a case where they owed a contractor $150,000 and didnt pay. Time went by and still no payment, then one day Charles shows up at the contractor's office with a briefcase full of $168,000 cash, telling the contractor he had heard they needed the money and that they needed to get rid of the cash and were willing to work out a partnership with them.

These guys are very much active mob gabaghouls and im pretty much waiting for the FBI to show up any day now and tell us to back off. Or for my car to blow up when i turn it on.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Lil Mama if you get assassinated we'll put together a goon project to avenge your death.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I'll definitely contribute to the wiki. Probably.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
question about moviepass, you know how they make you take pics of the ticket stub now, it's because they have no actual way of knowing where the credit they put on the card goes to right? I mean the ticket clerk always asks you what it's for even when you pick it on the app

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Alan Smithee posted:

question about moviepass, you know how they make you take pics of the ticket stub now, it's because they have no actual way of knowing where the credit they put on the card goes to right? I mean the ticket clerk always asks you what it's for even when you pick it on the app

Yep. People were using their MoviePass to buy gift cards/concessions.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
oh man the gift card grift is something i didnt even consider. I should have been stocking up by the day for the rainy day

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Skwirl posted:

Apparently the olive oil business is completely run by the mob.

Mierenneuker posted:

They should've done what they did to Ian Holm the LotR movies and just pulled har skin back.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Alhazred posted:

Apparently the olive oil business is completely run by the mob.

Supposedly an overwhelming portion olive oil is at least partially diluted with cheaper oil, too.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I sometimes see people questioning how good Ridley Scott or James Cameron are these days, perhaps the kids are young and don’t get their great filmography. If you ranked each directors top movies how would it go?

1. Kingdom of Heaven
2. Prometheus
3. Alien
4. Blade Runner
5. Gladiator

That’s not counting Legend or American Gangster

1. Abyss
2. Terminator
3. Terminator 2
4. Aliens
5. Titanic

Gatts fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jul 6, 2018

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Lol if you don't have Thelma & Louise on your best of Scott list.
edit: Blackhawk Down is probably the best propaganda movie since Triumph of the Will

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Anonymous Robot posted:

Supposedly an overwhelming portion olive oil is at least partially diluted with cheaper oil, too.

Yeah, the vast majority of "olive oil" is basically canola oil that's flavored with a small percentage of olive oil. It's a massive racket.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Gatts posted:

I sometimes see people questioning how good Ridley Scott or James Cameron are these days, perhaps the kids are young and don’t get their great filmography. If you ranked each directors top movies how would it go?

1. Kingdom of Heaven
2. Prometheus
3. Alien
4. Blade Runner
5. Gladiator

Alien
Blade Runner
Prometheus
Matchstick Men
Hannibal

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Gatts posted:

Ridley:

1. Alien
2. Blade Runner
3. The Duellists
4. I dunno, Legend? can probably take or leave the rest.

Cameron:

1. Terminator
2. Aliens
3. Terminator 2
4. I dunno, True Lies? can probably take or leave the rest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
James has less filmography but what he does have is great and usually hits a culture nerve. He knows how to communicate what would be for the time a little complicated set up but make it digestible for the audience. His attention to detail is wonderful and I always recall what was told to me to listen to T2 when you go inside the Terminator’s head and listen to the world vs T3 and how T2 shifts the sound because of POV to put you inside vs T3 which makes no sound change.

• Locked thread