Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Looke
Aug 2, 2013

It's coming home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Looke posted:

It's coming home

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Looke posted:

It's coming home

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Some good odds out there if you're a betting man

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Feels like Sweden should have been the Round of 16 game and Colombia the QF. Hope Gareth can keep the lads focused; air’s about to get a lot thinner.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Cup of Hemlock posted:

Feels like Sweden should have been the Round of 16 game and Colombia the QF. Hope Gareth can keep the lads focused; air’s about to get a lot thinner.

Moscow is only a couple hundred feet higher than Samara, I don't think they'll notice

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Looke posted:

It's coming home

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Looke posted:

It's coming home

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Has anyone said it's coming home?

Because

It's coming home

CptAwesome
Nov 2, 2005

Football's back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (3 lion Howl)

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
gently caress my arse daddy it's coming home

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Proper hyped for it to come home lads

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

African AIDS cum posted:

Is the garden just a patch of grass

A garden is just anything outside your back door

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

TelekineticBear! posted:

A garden is just anything outside your back door

Garden is a funny name for a man.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I just checked my hublot watch and it did to me it's time to come home

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
SEMI GODS is a good one

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Jules Rimet isn’t just gleaming today. It’s shining. Shining like the Sun. So painful. I’m going blind. Tell my wife I love her.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

quote:

lol

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
I’m the free paper waistcoat

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

poty posted:

I’m the free paper waistcoat
holy poo poo lol

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Why's it 3 Lions on their crest, there ain't even any Lions in England. Shouldnt it be like a pair of water fowl and a dented tin of beans?

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

E_P posted:

Why's it 3 Lions on their crest, there ain't even any Lions in England. Shouldnt it be like a pair of water fowl and a dented tin of beans?

From a Guardian Q+A:

quote:

The short answer is that England wear the three lions on their shirts - as they have done ever since the first international against Scotland in 1872 - because, as representatives of the Football Association, they're simply sporting the logo of the FA.

However where that logo comes from is a much longer story. The lions have a history going back to the 12th century, when a standard with three gold lions on a red field was carried into battle to inspire the troops.

The first one came from Henry I - known as the lion of England - who had a lion on his standard on taking power in 1100. Shortly afterwards he married Adeliza, whose father also had a lion on his shield, and to commemorate the event he added a second lion to his standard. In 1154, two lions became three when Henry II married Eleanor of Aquitaine, who - yes, you've guessed it - also had a lion her family crest.

Later that century, Richard the Lionheart (1189-1199) used the three golden lions on a scarlet background as a symbol of the English throne and, after that, it appeared on the Royal Arms of every succeeding monarch.

So when the FA was formed in 1863, it seemed natural enough to base their logo on this stirring royal shield. Since then, the design has only been changed once, in 1949 - when the crown that was on top of the lions was removed to differentiate the badge from that of the English cricket team.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/rioferdy5/status/1015698540268609536

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Morning everyone. I had an amazing dream that an extremely unfancied England had made it to the Semi Finals of a World Cup after a completely routine quarter final victory. Teams such as Germany and Argentina performing like England teams from years gone by, media and supporters alike actually enjoying an international tournament for the first time in 22 years. Cars passed each other in the street, Three Lions belting out of the windows, honked horns and triumphant fistpumps now the standard driver greeting.

Can you imagine?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
So because I'm apparently made of evil cursed plastic like some sort of horrific Krusty Doll if I were to post and say I want England to win that means they'd lose right?

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Gridlocked posted:

So because I'm apparently made of evil cursed plastic like some sort of horrific Krusty Doll if I were to post and say I want England to win that means they'd lose right?

Nope

Ever since we won a penalty shootout we've been un-cursable.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Gridlocked posted:

Nothing you say matters because it's coming home.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Gridlocked posted:

I'm apparently made of evil cursed a plastic

acceptance is the first step towards enlightenment

namaste

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Nice.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

MrB
Oct 21, 2007

:britain:
I hustled 15 goons in the best Australian SC2 tournament ever and all I got was this shitty avatar
It's coming home. I'm so excited. Hard to enjoy the games because of nerves though.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I wish this was real :(

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/officiaIwinemom/status/1015323037888077824?s=19

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

https://twitter.com/Michael_AHTF/status/1015700374601297920

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://twitter.com/British_Airways/status/1015505722438815744

crazycarl
Jun 13, 2001

Welcome to TB Diddlers in Mokena.

Where the special is always Dr Rassmusin's Hot Beef Injection and you can play "Whers my Manometer" with other diners
As an American I can say I like the fact that your ball is coming home to you brave lions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I'm going to chalk this up as another thing I was right about along with Messi and Pep being drug cheat frauds. Play like stoke, stick a big man up front and hoof it long, embrace the real tradition of english football!

• Locked thread