Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Australian National University (ANU) system

The ANUS, huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
To be fair the traffic around Scarborough is utterly hosed. Better roads and PT are needed before high density development.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

kirbysuperstar posted:

The ANUS, huh

And they've still got access

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Beetphyxious posted:

And they've still got access

where do I even start with the yo momma jokes

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Now, I know I'm not the only one in here that works for a uni, and I'm sure it's not news to most that IF YOU WANT VICE CHANCELLOR'S TO ACTUALLY FUND CYBER SECURITY, YOU NEED TO STOP TAKING OUR FUNDING AWAY YOU LEG HUMPING NEOLIBERAL FUCKS.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Don Dongington posted:

Now, I know I'm not the only one in here that works for a uni, and I'm sure it's not news to most that IF YOU WANT VICE CHANCELLOR'S TO ACTUALLY FUND CYBER SECURITY, YOU NEED TO STOP TAKING OUR FUNDING AWAY YOU LEG HUMPING NEOLIBERAL FUCKS.

We have a dedicated cyber security team :smuggo:

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
We have a paranoid workaholic.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

We have a Tamagotchi dangling off the server and assign the most autistic students to keep it fed.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Ghost Leviathan posted:

We have a Tamagotchi dangling off the server and assign the most autistic students to keep it fed.

this is a euphemism right

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Birdstrike posted:

this is a euphemism right

It guards the server from virus-type digimon I'm assured by anime advertisements

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

G-Spot Run posted:

We have a paranoid workaholic.

Same.

They will be bringing in multi factor authentication soon at my place, I’m waiting for the tears

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
We have a pretty big cyber security team, but they're dealing with 20 years of technical debt due to it being a 2 man team up until last year, who had no time for anything beyond firewall changes and ssl certificate updates (sometimes).

We had to sacrifice a lot of other functions we wanted to fund that, but it's not like you have a choice in 2018.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Today must be opposite day or something

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-07/baptist-pastor-to-be-deported-for-harassing-mosque-worshippers/9953242

quote:

A self-styled Christian Baptist pastor from New Zealand accused of harassing worshippers at two Brisbane mosques earlier this week has had his visa cancelled and is facing deportation.

New Zealand national Logan Robertson, 31, and two others were charged on Friday after allegedly abusing community members at the Kuraby and Darra mosques on Wednesday and Thursday .

On Wednesday, they were accused of entering the Kuraby mosque and harassing worshippers inside, including teenage boys.

The following day, there were heated scenes outside the Darra mosque, when members from the Pillar Baptist Church confronted Islamic leaders.

The Immigration Department reviewed Mr Robertson's case and the Australian Border Force cancelled his visa overnight and placed him into detention.

Minister for Home Affairs and Immigration Peter Dutton said he was "disturbed" by the allegations.

"I'm completely against people being vilified because of their religious belief," he said.

"I want to make it very clear to people who come to our country, that our country obviously embraces free speech but we don't tolerate hate speech and we don't tolerate people who are going to harass those people going about their business at a place of worship."

Mr Dutton said Mr Robertson had been counselled about his behaviour prior to entering Australia.

"He was warned before he came into the country that he needed to abide by his conditions of the visa and that if he conducted himself outside of the conditions of the visa then he would be subject to cancellation," he said.

"It's unacceptable to anybody to act outside of the conditions of your visa particularly where people are given warnings or counselled before they come into our country," he said.

All three men were expected to face court next month on charges of public nuisance, entering a premises with intent and trespass.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Potato... Good?

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Even a broken potato is right occasionally.
Watch as it is later used as justification for something terrible.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
maybe ban milo this time after his call to kill journos and sending $14.88 paypals to jewish people

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

kirbysuperstar posted:

The ANUS, huh

the system the ANU uses to manage enrolments, fees, records, transcripts etc. is called ISIS

they have bad luck with acronyms

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/tamsinroses/status/1015525213784510465

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/JMasanauskas/status/1015535176259022848?s=19

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

A take so hot it ignites the atmosphere.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Can’t imagine why the herald suns immigration reporter would engage in whataboutism with regards to nazis

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011
>"BUT WHAT ABOUT COMMUNISTS! THEY KILLED PEOPLE TOO" *proudly wearing nazi tattoos*

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

https://twitter.com/JMasanauskas/status/1013235371092525056

Mental midget confirmed

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Coles bags are free right now. This guy is even more of an idiot.

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

We haven't had plastic shopping bags in SA for over 10 years... You'll get used to it. (just chuck a bunch of reusable bags in the boot of your car)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

or pull the plastic bag over your head

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Zenithe posted:

Coles bags are free right now. This guy is even more of an idiot.

Ahahaha, what a spectacular self own.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Man, wait 'till these passionate advocates for affordable services find out people forego medication because their antipsychotics come with a five dollar co-pay and they haven't eaten in three days

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

https://twitter.com/qikipedia/status/1015641602113589248

:australia:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

how much did you donate?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

The town where my dad grew up :)

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Birdstrike posted:

how much did you donate?

$14.89

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Anidav posted:

Heil 'Itler

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Hope to hear about Leyonhjelm's idiot fans throwing their money into the fire

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

It really doesn't get more projection-y than "toxic ideology" huh?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Getting taken to the cleaners in court to own the libs.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Anyone else sort of feeling down about Fairfax? I'm a daily reader of the Brisbane Times and they used to be fairly hard hitting about local and national politics and if I recall they also hired a bunch of former Guardian Australia people but recently within the last few months I feel like their editorial has shifted to be extremely pro-Turnbull and I don't know if its because of them republishing Sydney Morning Herald pieces or not because I know they used to have there own Brisbane journalist opinion pieces that were quite fair and reasonable but recently I've noticed a lot of republished stuff from The Age and SMH that is quite cheerleader of Turnbull and his tax cuts and the Brisbane journalists seem to not be posting opinion pieces anymore. So I feel like the company ordered that the opinion pieces section be exclusive to known dickheads like David Crowe & Jessica Irvine.

It's depressing, I'm not sure what happened, its just one day SMH was all over the website when before it wasn't.

Job cuts maybe?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

https://www.gofundme.com/fight-the-greens

I know you should never read the comments, but lol. Amazing comments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Zenithe posted:

https://www.gofundme.com/fight-the-greens

I know you should never read the comments, but lol. Amazing comments.

They're not all bad :unsmith:

quote:

28 mins ago

disgraceful piece of crap. i hope next time you stand at the trough taking a piss, a real man. who respects women knocks you into it, where you deserve to be. the bradbury vote may have put you there mate. but you still as low as the cake soap in the trough

• Locked thread