Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

avshalemon posted:

what sort of damage would a shotgun blast at 10ft (or two shotgun blasts, to be specific) do to the human torso anyway? i need to know in decent detail for a book but i'm having trouble finding a specific description of what it would look like

for a book, uh huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

the more damage the better, the character ideally comes back from the dead as a horrific golem with alien cacti spilling out of their empty chest cavity so that's the type of effect i'm looking for

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Ah, Sealab 2021. Good stuff. Welcome to the page.

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

Chelb posted:

for a book, uh huh
my actual assassination plans are much more arcane than a shotgun

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

first, i will remove my womb and consecrate it on a fiery altar

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

avshalemon posted:

what sort of damage would a shotgun blast at 10ft (or two shotgun blasts, to be specific) do to the human torso anyway? i need to know in decent detail for a book but i'm having trouble finding a specific description of what it would look like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhZf_x8Esms

Ballistic gel target but regardless it ain't gonna be pretty.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
whoops wrong thread

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

Party Plane Jones posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhZf_x8Esms

Ballistic gel target but regardless it ain't gonna be pretty.
cool, thank you!

this is legitimately for a work of fiction please don't permaban me again

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

avshalemon posted:

the more damage the better, the character ideally comes back from the dead as a horrific golem with alien cacti spilling out of their empty chest cavity so that's the type of effect i'm looking for

:clint: well what a shotgun gonna do is give ya a good spread. real nice spread. but it sound like to me what yer lookin fer is a fifty calibur. that sumbitch'll do the job.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

the rum is gone

rum, i hardly knew ye

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Chelb posted:

im unhappy with any resident pig that does not ultimately become pork belly for my chinese recipes

pork is the finest of the meat animals

also eat it before it eats you, bread childe

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

ArfJason posted:

Birth Year Page Post

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

That's not possible. Stop with the trolling or I'll call the cops.

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

Volkerball posted:

:clint: well what a shotgun gonna do is give ya a good spread. real nice spread. but it sound like to me what yer lookin fer is a fifty calibur. that sumbitch'll do the job.
thank you creepy uncle volkerball, unfortunately it's got to be something that a well-connected sassy teen could conceivably find on the black market so i think i'll just go with a shotgun and settle for less gore

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

in local news an indonesian fusion restaurant very recently opened up in brownsville which is :eyepop:

im never letting it go

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

there used to be a jamaican place in McAllen i never got around to visiting and then it closed

i'll always keep you in my heart, jamaican place

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

avshalemon posted:

thank you creepy uncle volkerball, unfortunately it's got to be something that a well-connected sassy teen could conceivably find on the black market so i think i'll just go with a shotgun and settle for less gore

is it not set in america

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

avshalemon posted:

look up pumpkin ball and foster slugs

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

i don't really care about this detail all that much and would be satisfied just to say "he got shot, end of story" but gun nerds are the most insufferable people on the planet and if you put a gun in a book you have to get it exactly right or nerds piss all over themselves

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

Volkerball posted:

is it not set in america
why would it be set in america

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

avshalemon posted:

i don't really care about this detail all that much and would be satisfied just to say "he got shot, end of story" but gun nerds are the most insufferable people on the planet and if you put a gun in a book you have to get it exactly right or nerds piss all over themselves

alternatively, embrace it

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

avshalemon posted:

why would it be set in america

if it's not set in america you open yourself to the vast world of improvised weapons that the rest of the world enjoys

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

"the clips rapidly ejected as the shotgatt let loose its one hundred caliber rounds at blinding speed"

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
EVERY DETAIL IN A NARRATIVE HAS TO BE FUNCTIONAL TO THE PLOT OR CHARACTERIZATION!!!!!

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

ArfJason posted:

Ah, Sealab 2021. Good stuff. Welcome to the page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va919Tcd9Hc

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
then just say he got don't argued by a fockin stingray when he was havin a slash in the ocean and when he drifted back to the beach the fockin dingos had a fair go at him

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

i might just say "a gun" lol, gently caress it

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

ArfJason posted:

EVERY DETAIL IN A NARRATIVE HAS TO BE FUNCTIONAL TO THE PLOT OR CHARACTERIZATION!!!!!

if I were an editor I would be crossing out your posts with a red pen

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Volkerball posted:

then just say he got don't argued by a fockin stingray when he was havin a slash in the ocean and when he drifted back to the beach the fockin dingos had a fair go at him

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Chelb posted:

if I were an editor I would be crossing out your posts with a red pen

all my posts are functional either to the plot (they advance the story) or characterizaiton (help to construct a 29 year old virgin with munchausen's, strep throat, skin that looks like someone just ripped off years old bandages, childish loud who spit while talking, lying to policeman)

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

the only problem i have is rating the men second place

men are deffo ranked way lower

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

avshalemon posted:

i might just say "a gun" lol, gently caress it

you're missing an opportunity to use one of these handy numbers as plot device

edit: :laffo: this number and its backstory

quote:

This .380 automatic pistol was brandished on construction workers by a man living in a shipping container on site who had on several occasions entered the firm saying he could not stand the noise and dust that the trucks were making. After being arrested he told police that he had originally built the gun to defend himself.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jul 8, 2018

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

you're missing an opportunity to use one of these handy numbers as plot device

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
mizz rosie oi think somethin' be movin' in that big 'ole in dis vermins chest! ho burr tis spoiky loik a hedgepig!

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i say, that's no hedgepig me ol' chum. it's a cactus! angry lookin chap wot wot

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

edit: :laffo: this number and its backstory

The argentinian standard issue

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

avshalemon posted:

the fun thing about writing is that it doesn't have to be realistic

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
alternatively if you must have an giant chest cavity hole just say they ate an RPG-7 round before it reached its arming distance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Chelb posted:

there used to be a jamaican place in McAllen i never got around to visiting and then it closed

i'll always keep you in my heart, jamaican place

jamican food brings the heat in a major way the only stuff that i've had that's comparable is northen thai food. the kind of heat where by the end of the meal you're just a sweating mess

• Locked thread