Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Reporter: Mr Leyonjhelm, it looks like you'll have to sell your house to pay the damages and your legal bills, how do you feel?
David Leyonjhelm: Wow did I own you? Are you triggered? hahahaha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Abolish the dept of home affairs

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

From the GoFundMe terms of service page here (https://au.gofundme.com/terms):

quote:

User Conduct: [...]
Without limiting the foregoing, you agree to not use the Services to:

A. in connection with any of the following activities or items, including by establishing or contributing to any Campaign with the implicit or express purpose relating to any of the following:
[...]
7. campaigns deemed by GoFundMe, in its sole discretion, to be in support of, or for the legal defense of alleged crimes associated with hate, violence, harassment, bullying, discrimination, terrorism, or intolerance of any kind relating to race, ethnicity, national origin, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, sex, gender or gender identity, or serious disabilities or diseases;

D. to harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of other users from the Services by electronic or other means.

If anybody is feeling frisky, there is a "Report Campaign" link at the bottom.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Anidav posted:

Anyone else sort of feeling down about Fairfax? I'm a daily reader of the Brisbane Times and they used to be fairly hard hitting about local and national politics and if I recall they also hired a bunch of former Guardian Australia people but recently within the last few months I feel like their editorial has shifted to be extremely pro-Turnbull and I don't know if its because of them republishing Sydney Morning Herald pieces or not because I know they used to have there own Brisbane journalist opinion pieces that were quite fair and reasonable but recently I've noticed a lot of republished stuff from The Age and SMH that is quite cheerleader of Turnbull and his tax cuts and the Brisbane journalists seem to not be posting opinion pieces anymore. So I feel like the company ordered that the opinion pieces section be exclusive to known dickheads like David Crowe & Jessica Irvine.

It's depressing, I'm not sure what happened, its just one day SMH was all over the website when before it wasn't.

Job cuts maybe?

I'm pretty sure its job cuts and newspapers being dead but not yet in the ground. The Age used to have Victorian news but unless it's from Domain on what the best 5 million dollar house that's going to be passed in on the weekend is, they don't really report much either.,

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
But where will I get my local news now?!

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Reporter: Mr Leyonjhelm, it looks like you'll have to sell your house to pay the damages and your legal bills, how do you feel?
David Leyonjhelm: Wow did I own you? Are you triggered? hahahaha.

If he loses it's because the system is unfair and against him and he's justified standing up for all the men accused of misandry

e: or whatever the proper word is, whoops

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.

Zenithe posted:

https://www.gofundme.com/fight-the-greens

I know you should never read the comments, but lol. Amazing comments.

One from a Facebook friend popped up asking about that self-reliance the dickhead is constantly talking about.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Les Affaires posted:

If you actually try this their "breaches terms of service" report option only allows three options:

Campaign includes factually incorrect statements
Funds have not been used for stated purpose
Campaign organiser has copied another campaign

i.e. we don't care unless we are facilitating fraud or copyright infringement

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Les Affaires posted:

Reported

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

norp posted:

If you actually try this their "breaches terms of service" report option only allows three options:

Campaign includes factually incorrect statements
Funds have not been used for stated purpose
Campaign organiser has copied another campaign

i.e. we don't care unless we are facilitating fraud or copyright infringement

Just pick the first one and then copy/paste the relevant sections of the terms of use into the box with some blurb

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

They're not all bad :unsmith:

Noice

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

bandaid.friend posted:

If he loses it's because the system is unfair and against him and he's justified standing up for all the men accused of misandry

e: or whatever the proper word is, whoops

He'll lose because a company decided it was in the best interests of their shareholders to tell him to go gently caress himself.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Anidav posted:

known dickheads like David Crowe & Jessica Irvine.

pretty much all of what you posted coincides with David Crowe taking over as editor

Very interested to hear your take on Jess Irvine though, one of four people writing about economics who have an actual clue

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Friend of mine said Lionhat had jumped the shark on Facebook - I pointed out that something needed to be enjoyable in the first place to jump the shark which lead to some other friends (including MrsMG) asking what jump the shark even meant :3:

Luckily said friend is over Lionhat so I didn't need to point out all his bullshittery but thanks Lionhat for turning people off of libertarianism more

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

Somehow I don't think advocating for Mens Rights Activism is a winning political platform. at least overtly of course

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Birdstrike posted:

pretty much all of what you posted coincides with David Crowe taking over as editor

Very interested to hear your take on Jess Irvine though, one of four people writing about economics who have an actual clue

Pretty sure she wrote recently that the tampon tax should be kept in place so the money from the GST on tampons can be used for women's education. Something which is basically impossible so long as conservative forces exist and therefore the point is sort of fanciful. Might as well remove it because its just going to be used to fund boat hunting drones instead.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Has tampon taxation been mentioned in the recent GST redistribution or is that 'not the right time'?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Birdstrike posted:

Oh she also thinks compulsory super is bad.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Anidav posted:

thumbs down

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

Anidav posted:

in that it binds all workers to adopting a pro-sharemarket and investment attitude? or for some other reason

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Les Affaires posted:

in that it binds all workers to adopting a pro-sharemarket and investment attitude? or for some other reason

Young people can't buy their first home.

Irvine posted:

Since I entered the workforce, I’ve had 9 cents in every dollar I earn automatically taken away from me and put – safely out of reach – in super. As my income rose out of uni, I also had up to 9 per cent of my salary seized to pay back my HECS debt.

Talk about wage theft.

Meanwhile, during that time, Australia has experienced two massive property booms, one during the early 2000s and the other occurring after the halving of real interest rates after the global financial crisis.

The timing could not have been worse for me, according to economist Saul Eslake.

“It would certainly be true that someone who was 25 [years old] 20 years ago would now be better off if he or she had put the savings that they might have put into super into buying a home, if they didn’t have one.

“That’s another way of saying it would have been better if young Australians 20 years ago had gone on the real estate roller coaster than being forced on the superannuation rollercoaster.”

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

that IS a stupid opinion

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

I mean superannuation successfully aligned the interests of the worker with the interests of the Capitalist system by promising a comfortable retirement as a reward for Working Hard and Getting Ahead and Aspiration and all that poo poo instead of literally just being a citizen who manages to survive to a certain age, so that in itself is a reason to be skeptical of its merits BUT it should not be wholeheartedly replaced or watered down simply to use the funds for the housing market because if everybody did that it would just inflate housing again, and everybody would be as hosed as they are now if not moreso.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

gently caress SMH, they ruined Fairfax.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Anidav posted:

Pretty sure she wrote recently that the tampon tax should be kept in place so the money from the GST on tampons can be used for women's education. Something which is basically impossible so long as conservative forces exist and therefore the point is sort of fanciful. Might as well remove it because its just going to be used to fund boat hunting drones instead.

Her point is that if it was properly implemented it would have no exemptions, and you would use that extra revenue to fund things that matter, which some other person had suggested would be women’s education but alternatively you would use to raise pension/newstart etc. to offset the increased cost of staples.

(yes Cartoon you hate the GST I get it)

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
If Anidav had thought this through he’d go sovcit and stop paying one cent of tax because some portion of it is used for bad things

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Just cancel the super guarantee and watch the confusion as that 9% become 0% and doesn't become apart of you wage, which it never was.

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

JBP posted:

Just cancel the super guarantee and watch the confusion as that 9% become 0% and doesn't become apart of you wage, which it never was.

In a tight labour market the difference would be used to fund extra wages, but australia aint gonna see a tight labour market for a long, long time.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Birdstrike posted:

If Anidav had thought this through he’d go sovcit and stop paying one cent of tax because some portion of it is used for bad things

*opens a copy of The Courier Mail.*
Dear god Pooh no, that's not journalism, that's IPA TALKING POINTS!
"Taxation is theft"

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

She's nowhere near as bad as Crowe, I've just been disagreeing with her recently. Crowe basically pollutes the airwaves though, the guy has a new article up almost twice a day or something and they are all LNP wank fests.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Anidav posted:

Young people can't buy their first home.

Wait. My wage is plus super, not including super.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Turns out the only "libs" cathat owned were the libertarians.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
global warming will kill everyone before i retire, gimmie my super now

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Kommando posted:

Wait. My wage is plus super, not including super.

You'd be surprised at how many employers attempt to quote wages as "package" (i.e. including super) during negotiation when you get enough above award.

Hell my contract has a clause stating that if the employer contribution goes up then it comes out of my take home wage.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Anidav posted:

She's nowhere near as bad as Crowe, I've just been disagreeing with her recently. Crowe basically pollutes the airwaves though, the guy has a new article up almost twice a day or something and they are all LNP wank fests.

He was working for the Australian until like a month ago.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

He still does publish articles for The Australian as far as I know, Basically the whole media industry is full of News Corp moles. Even now in the ABC the LNP have put a Foxtel mole in charge of a budget efficiency committee.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

norp posted:

You'd be surprised at how many employers attempt to quote wages as "package" (i.e. including super) during negotiation when you get enough above award.

Hell my contract has a clause stating that if the employer contribution goes up then it comes out of my take home wage.

Yeah I've been warned to watch out for that sort of bait and switch.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

norp posted:

“compensation”

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
So long Neil Perry

https://www.smh.com.au/business/workplace/rampant-exploitation-at-rockpool-restaurant-empire-20180706-p4zpvc.html

• Locked thread