Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Here is today's serious and totally unedited edition of the Newspaper Spider-Man comic strip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I can't remember if the strip has been happening during the night or at day, but I'd like to think Jonah is hanging out in that bar regardless.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It's to take into account the time zone differences between NY and Florida. :v:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
At least it was obvious what the original was this time lol

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I wonder if Jonah will be happy at getting a reporter AND a photographer for only the cost of Peter, or furious at the idea he might have to pay Peter more money?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Jerusalem posted:

I wonder if Jonah will be happy at getting a reporter AND a photographer for only the cost of Peter, or furious at the idea he might have to pay Peter more money?

I found the flaw in your thinking.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Jerusalem posted:

I can't remember if the strip has been happening during the night or at day, but I'd like to think Jonah is hanging out in that bar regardless.
Well Pete took an explicitly-stated red-eye flight from Florida to New York, went straight from the airport to the Bugle, then to the hospital, had his team-up fight, then back to the Bugle, so I figure it's between 7-9 AM.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Snitches get stitches.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Please stop gaslighting me, Newspaper Spider-Man thread :saddowns:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
gently caress you, Parker.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Knormal posted:

Anyway guess which surprising current NSM character is in Aunt Man and the Wasp? Apparently those jokes about continuous movie tie-ins weren't so far off.

Is it random bald thug?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Jimmy?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Johnny Walker posted:

Here is today's serious and totally unedited edition of the Newspaper Spider-Man comic strip.

Here's an obvious edit that, for some reason, tries to make Peter less of a dickbag.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

I’m the bartender who is also Jonah.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Peter delivers the photo of Danny Rand’s face and the huge news of his secret identity. No one at the paper believes him because it was a masked man who everyone knows was at the hospital

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I can’t tell how many people actually think the Danny Rand one is real

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Escobarbarian posted:

I can’t tell how many people actually think the Danny Rand one is real

Yeah, in the edited one he's got a beard.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I'm completely lost. Is Parker actually selling Rand out or are those just edits?

Edit: Ah, my b. Parker as an rear end in a top hat is pretty funny imo

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

I was fooled by the first edit and I say keep them coming. I need to spice up this arc, it's not hitting me like usual. :furtively scratches neck:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Keep editing, but at least post the real deal first I say.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Does there have to be a procedure? :\ Just enjoy the silliness of the thread and don't get hung up on maybe occasionally being misled on the canon of Newspapper Speterman.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

head58 posted:

I like to think it’s a JJJ themed bar.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Choco1980 posted:

Keep editing, but at least post the real deal first I say.

ya the edits are good but posting them first multiple times in a row isn't

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

davidspackage posted:

Does there have to be a procedure? :\ Just enjoy the silliness of the thread and don't get hung up on maybe occasionally being misled on the canon of Newspapper Speterman.

It's just that the idea of Spidey dicking over IF doesn't seem the least likely way for the story to go. Plus you guys are too good in your edits.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I like the edits when they’re after the fact but yeah I want this to be my NSM one-stop shop ya feel

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

head58 posted:

Only after reading this post I realized who Jonah actually was. I saw both the strip and the edit and somehow fully believe the bartender was him.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The MSJ posted:

Is it random bald thug?
Yep!

Oh yeah, I guess he's there too.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Back to our regularly scheduled Amazing Iron Fist

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

"Huh, hey Peter, how come he has a beard in some pictures and not others?"

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Synthbuttrange posted:

"Wow!! You got a picture of the guy nobody can prove existed!! Who was on CNN all morning!!

print media is dead

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
And then Jameson calls saying that Meth addicts are turning into giant green irradiated reptiles and rampaging through Miami and he needed Parker here yesterday.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Proteus Jones posted:

I like to think it’s a JJJ themed bar.

Bring me pitchers!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Synthbuttrange posted:

poo poo, it is Netflix Iron Fist! That explains so much.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"Nobody ever proved they existed."
"So nobody saw Iron Fist?"
"Well anybody who did just seemed to not want to talk about it at all. They got real angry when pressed on the issue, too!"

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Great headline, Pete.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

"...and in conclusion, Iron Fist is definitely not Danny Rand. Thank you for reading my article. Love Peter."

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
"I can't unmask in front of you, I've carefully guarded my secret identity for years! Also, if you look at the front page tomorrow and see a picture of yourself on this rooftop where only I could have possibly taken it, uh...don't check the byline."

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Peter Parker isn't Spider-Man, he's just an ordinary guy who's superpower is invisibly stalking Spider-Man wherever he goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

nimby posted:

Peter Parker isn't Spider-Man, he's just an ordinary guy who's superpower is invisibly stalking Spider-Man wherever he goes.

Bitten by a radioactive fanboy, he stops following Spider-Man only to blog about it or have sex with his supermodel wife who's totally real.