Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Paul ReiserFS posted:

Hell yeah it was so good

Thirding this. Great flick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
You might as well watch Oliver Stone's documentary on the united states instead.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Blood Sabbath on prime is a weird cultural artifact from the 70s when I guess it was a novelty to have naked ladies in your movie. I have never found naked beatniks more tedious.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
The Forest is a typical serialized whodunnit, but I dig whodunnits. Though I thought the climax didn't have a lot of tension because the victim got away from the bad guy before the confrontation.

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER

business hammocks posted:

Blood Sabbath on prime is a weird cultural artifact from the 70s when I guess it was a novelty to have naked ladies in your movie. I have never found naked beatniks more tedious.

There's more bush in that movie than the years 2000-2008.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Amazon Prime now has The Prisoner, the 1960s TV show. Totally worth a watch if it seems like you'd be into it.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
If you just got high and want something to watch, check out anon. It's a basic detective thriller with a cyberpunk twist about a hacker assassin that can hide themselves from visual records.

They do a lot with first person augmented reality pov shots that's pretty imaginative. One good example is when a cop is chasing someone down stairs they hack his view to see a horizontal platform for a few steps and he falls straight through the illusion when he tries to step on it.

Really cool movie.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Maxwell Lord posted:

Yeah it's annoying that Prime has some obscure B-movies but absolutely no loving standards for picture quality/sound quality/completeness/etc.

I watched Master of the Flying Guillotine awhile ago, and the dubbing was in two different languages, and would switch from English to the other language at random, sometimes mid-line.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

X-Ray Pecs posted:

I watched Master of the Flying Guillotine awhile ago, and the dubbing was in two different languages, and would switch from English to the other language at random, sometimes mid-line.

There's a few scenes in the original that aren't in the English dub, and that was the distributor's compromise to try and release a "complete" dubbed version- it's a case of the materials being jank, not Amazon being jank.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

TychoCelchuuu posted:

Amazon Prime now has The Prisoner, the 1960s TV show. Totally worth a watch if it seems like you'd be into it.

Even if you don't think you'd be into it, watch it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

tweet my meat posted:

If you just got high and want something to watch, check out anon. It's a basic detective thriller with a cyberpunk twist about a hacker assassin that can hide themselves from visual records.

They do a lot with first person augmented reality pov shots that's pretty imaginative. One good example is when a cop is chasing someone down stairs they hack his view to see a horizontal platform for a few steps and he falls straight through the illusion when he tries to step on it.

Really cool movie.

Yeah I really liked it. It's on the "hangover movie" end of "good movie" but it's solid and Clive Owen is always delightful.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

If you like goofy/crazy and weirdly edited kung-fu movies, watch Invincible Super Chan on Amazon.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

TychoCelchuuu posted:

It's amazing and I might just watch it again.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Happened to see that Heat is up on Netflix, so I gave it an overdue rewatch. God drat is that a great flick that absolutely whips rear end through it's near-three hour runtime.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Anyone watch The Sinner on Netflix yet? It’s like The Night Of but very disturbing. It also has Bill Pullman in it. First episode has me sold but these shows can be a huge let down by the end sometimes.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Blind Rasputin posted:

Anyone watch The Sinner on Netflix yet? It’s like The Night Of but very disturbing. It also has Bill Pullman in it. First episode has me sold but these shows can be a huge let down by the end sometimes.

I keep thinking that dude looks like Jon Snow.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Blind Rasputin posted:

It's surprisingly really good. USA is turning into a real network, with Mr. Robot and Colony and now this.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I'm a little surprised they went the more challenging route and revealed that there is no True Detective-esque rich guy sex cult after all.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

I'm reliving my childhood by watching Delta Force on Prime, the head terrorist airplane hijacker is Robert Forster in brownface and he's pistol whipping all the stewardesses

Cannon films are a trip

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Filthy Hans posted:

I'm reliving my childhood by watching Delta Force on Prime, the head terrorist airplane hijacker is Robert Forster in brownface and he's pistol whipping all the stewardesses

Cannon films are a trip

Track down Electric Bugaloo, the documentary about the company. It’s awesome, and shows that the production of the films they released was often more insane than the movies themselves.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Watched Super Dark Times because of this thread it it was solid. Thanks

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Filthy Hans posted:

Cannon films are a trip

I loving love Delta Force. The soundtrack is on repeat in my workout mix, Chuck Norris stars as Chuck Norris on a dirt bike with a rocket launcher, a mortar in the tailpipe and he does wheelies to dodge bullets. There's a guy carrying rope all movie just so Chuck Norris can climb it during the escape scene. It's pure 80s amazingness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8zgBL9BSkg&t=33s

If you don't like this you're un-American.

If they add American Ninja my weekend is set. That laser ninja blew 8 year old me away.

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jul 7, 2018

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Goddamn I love Bill Pullman! Thanks for The Sinner recco!

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I felt like The Sinner kept side plots to a minimum. There was a little about the detective's personal life, but not too much, generally everything was about the mystery.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Yeah, I’m on episode 6 and it doesn’t disappoint one bit. It’s great.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
I saw some people on here saying they were disappointed in Goliath season 2 but I finished it last night and loved it. Yes it goes to some absurd places but the characters are so fun to watch.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Does sinner wrap up by the end? This is good but if it’s some cliffhanger thing I’m gonna peace out before I get invested.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
It wraps but there's a huge plot hole that kind of ruined it for me. I bailed episode 7. I know its only one left, but :effort: there are still a few seasons of Forensic Files to attack.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
I thoroughly enjoyed April and the Extraordinary World. Cool steampunk tale. Definitely deserves the critical acclaim it got.

Mr. Toodles
Jun 22, 2004

I support prison abolition, except for posters without avatars.

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

It wraps but there's a huge plot hole that kind of ruined it for me. I bailed episode 7. I know its only one left, but :effort: there are still a few seasons of Forensic Files to attack.

I thought it wrapped up pretty much everything, and was a very solid show. What was the plot hole?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Mr. Toodles posted:

I thought it wrapped up pretty much everything, and was a very solid show. What was the plot hole?

Why didn't the parents even look for her murdered sister? "Welp, your leukemia sister is gone and also you've been kept in a heroin dungeon for two months. We're not going to contact the police.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Why didn't the parents even look for her murdered sister? "Welp, your leukemia sister is gone and also you've been kept in a heroin dungeon for two months. We're not going to contact the police.

That actually gets mentioned in ep 8.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Lycus posted:

That actually gets mentioned in ep 8.

that they thought she ran away?. Didn't really do it for me.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

There's more context. The mother used to eavesdrop when they made their Florida plans. When they disappeared, they thought they were both heathenous little shits that ran off. They stopped caring about them. It's fine if the explanation doesn't work for you, but it's not a "plot hole".

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tweet my meat posted:

Really cool movie.

Gonna argue that actually this movie is bad and a lot of scenes of people staring at nothing as they do hacking in their brain and the ending is out of nowhere. Which is a bummer, since I'm a huge Clive Owen fan.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Anon was incredibly unremarkable. I just watched it a month ago and I barely remember anything about it.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
That's what the getting high part is for. It wasn't a great movie but it was a more or less competent cyberpunk detective story that did some fun things.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Interview With the Vampire is on Netflix and it is still gloriously gay and good

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

precision posted:

Interview With the Vampire is on Netflix and it is still gloriously gay and good

Oh yeah? That was my first rated R movie. I secretly watched it on HBO when I was 12, I remember thinking it was incredible. It's been a number of years since I last watched it. Here's to hoping the Tom Cruise fatigue as of late doesn't ruin the movie retroactively.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

precision posted:

It takes them way too long to get to Paris and Antonio Banderas is only in it for like 15 minutes.