Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Kith posted:

Thank you! I have like eight other reworks that I need to post because I promised myself I wouldn't post anything else until TLV was done. Turns out that was a really loving dumb decision because TLV took roughly a year to do and Blizzard wound up reworking Varian before I could :smithicide:

Do Kerrigan. I played her a couple weeks ago and....what an unengaging experience compared to most of what's out there right now. Hey let me kinda scoop you a couple feet towards me and th... Oh I'm dead again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Yeah I will probably never play Kerrigan again now that I ground her to 5. Even when you're getting better at her she's so boring.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Shibawanko posted:

Yeah I will probably never play Kerrigan again now that I ground her to 5. Even when you're getting better at her she's so boring.

It bums me out because I remember how lethal she was perceived to be at release, and as the showcase villain for one of their main IPs she should not wallow in obscurity like this. I'm sure Jimmy misses seeing her in the Nexus

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I mean, my friend plays Kerrigan a lot and she loves playing her. The best is pairing her up with me as Garrosh and watching people try to escape and being completely unable to

edit: With the exception that she has said multiple times that her W just doesn't go off

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Kerrigan is incredibly ripe for a rework. I’d say the only heroes that need one as bad as she does are Rehgar, D. Va, and Illidan

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Kerrigan is incredibly ripe for a rework. I’d say the only heroes that need one as bad as she does are Rehgar, D. Va, and Illidan

I don't get the D.va hate, I really enjoy playing her, I love blowing people up and then shooting them in the face.

One thing I see bad D.va's do often is not using their boosters precisely, you can turn them off once they started so they can be used as a quick nudge, and since you can't damage the same enemy twice in one boop you can just stop it and go back to regular damage once you hit everybody.

Shibawanko fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jul 8, 2018

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Is uther still any good? I don't see much of him.

also

am I a bad person if I pick bloodlust on rehgar? The level 20 upgrade makes it so goddamn strong for teamfights.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

Kith posted:

Thank you! I have like eight other reworks that I need to post because I promised myself I wouldn't post anything else until TLV was done. Turns out that was a really loving dumb decision because TLV took roughly a year to do and Blizzard wound up reworking Varian before I could :smithicide:

While I admire your work, are you just doing this for fun, or does blizz actually listen to any of this?
Wish they would, but they seem to enjoy their own half baked ideas much more then something so well thought out as this

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
Yrel being a priority pick in HGC means I can't freely play her in every single draft, it was a good ride while it lasted.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Shibawanko posted:

I don't get the D.va hate, I really enjoy playing her, I love blowing people up and then shooting them in the face.

One thing I see bad D.va's do often is not using their boosters precisely, you can turn them off once they started so they can be used as a quick nudge, and since you can't damage the same enemy twice in one boop you can just stop it and go back to regular damage once you hit everybody.

D.va mostly suffers by being a mediocre warrior in a game full of excellent warriors.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Ignite Memories posted:

Uther doesn't offer a whole lot unless your comp strongly benefits his Invulnerability ult or desperately needs more stuns.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Kith posted:

I'm half-tempted to start an "Armchair Blizz Developer" thread because I've got so many half-baked ideas for new heroes. Maybe I should follow your lead and stick 'em on a google doc so people here don't have to see it if they don't want to.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Ignite Memories posted:

am I a bad person if I pick bloodlust on rehgar?

Yes. If your team is literally all auto-attackers, then it's maybe okay, but I see people default to it all the time when it's not going to do poo poo to save the KT that got collapsed on, barely works on tanks, and is a generally terrible pick next to what is still one of the best ults in the game.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

Do Kerrigan. I played her a couple weeks ago and....what an unengaging experience compared to most of what's out there right now. Hey let me kinda scoop you a couple feet towards me and th... Oh I'm dead again.
Kerrigan is definitely on my shitlist. A well-played Kerrigan is almost unstoppable (see: Rich), but there's too much wrong with her right now - her scoop/stun might as well not exist without each other, for example. Unfortunately, I'm pretty far from having a full design document to present because I'm currently in the nebulous hell that is Step 2 of my process:

1) Identify the goal
2) Gather workable ideas
3) Build concepts and outline
4) Write design document

skipThings posted:

While I admire your work, are you just doing this for fun, or does blizz actually listen to any of this?
Wish they would, but they seem to enjoy their own half baked ideas much more then something so well thought out as this
I'm doing it because I feel like it. From my experience developing stuff for the SCII Arcade, that's usually enough to get Blizzard's attention if you keep at it. My current plan is to tackle problem children so even if Blizzard doesn't use the concepts in their entirety, at least I'm aiding in brainstorming solutions (even if it's indirect and unofficial). I can't confirm for certain, but I have been told that some of the changes made in the Raynor rework were because of some of the bitching that I did in the Raynor Review that I wrote (notably toning down Penetrating Round's knockback at long ranges).

Shibawanko posted:

Off of the top of my head, D.va suffers from the fact that pretty much all of her mitigation is sunk into Defensive Matrix. If you whiff that or use it at the wrong time, you're not mitigating damage for your team when you need to and all you have left to fall back on is the knockback from Boosters or Bunny Hop.

There's also the incredible cheese that comes from Self Destruct + Garrosh's Into The Fray, but that's more a problem with Garrosh than D.va.

HitTheTargets posted:

I'm half-tempted to start an "Armchair Blizz Developer" thread because I've got so many half-baked ideas for new heroes. Maybe I should follow your lead and stick 'em on a google doc so people here don't have to see it if they don't want to.
Google Docs are good because you can format them however you want and because they're not vulnerable to getting paywalled. If you're serious about doing game design things, it's important to keep your ideas in an easily sharable format. I originally used Tumblr for that reason, but A) tumblr and B) holy poo poo what is wrong with their image formatting rules

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Yrel seems good, both in my experience in playing against her/watching HGC.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Wolfy posted:

Yrel seems good, both in my experience in playing against her/watching HGC.

Yeah she's extremely solid now. She feels a lot like 'harder but stronger Muradin' to me.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Can the current event quest be done in AI? I have seven wins to get today for my mount.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Yes, that's where I got most of my wins done. The El Guapo "100 Takedowns in wins" quest was also able to be completed the same way.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice
Insufficient poopsocks. Additional methods required.

Corsair Pool Boy fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Jul 9, 2018

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Ignite Memories posted:

Uther is good against teams that want to burst someone down quickly. He can also function decently as an anti-dive support with his point and click stun and his stun ult

He can't do sustained engages though because he runs out of mana quick if he does.

His Lumberjack skin means he's always going to be a top-tier pick

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Last chance to get a rank up before the season ends tomorrow!

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
Sitting at Gold 1 in team league but I know I'll just have some awful losing streak if I try to rank up, it happens every time I take the game seriously.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Same, but what if you hit plat 5 :w00t:

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Ort posted:

Sitting at Gold 1 in team league but I know I'll just have some awful losing streak if I try to rank up, it happens every time I take the game seriously.

Do eeet

Worst case, your number goes down and you don't talk about it. Best case you finish in plat 5 and get to brag.

I'm going to have to buy Fenix before another support, he's the first assassin that has really clicked with me. I'm getting a little over-aggressive with him late game sometimes, but I'm consistently putting up really nice hero damage, and somehow the cutting laser just works for me, I haven't had to practice with it much at all. And he's teaching me how to stutter-step with that lvl 1 talent which is very useful.

I know he's supposed to be able to solo Merc camps without too much trouble, does anyone have a good resource for that? I don't do so well there.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

Do eeet

Worst case, your number goes down and you don't talk about it. Best case you finish in plat 5 and get to brag.

I'm going to have to buy Fenix before another support, he's the first assassin that has really clicked with me. I'm getting a little over-aggressive with him late game sometimes, but I'm consistently putting up really nice hero damage, and somehow the cutting laser just works for me, I haven't had to practice with it much at all. And he's teaching me how to stutter-step with that lvl 1 talent which is very useful.

I know he's supposed to be able to solo Merc camps without too much trouble, does anyone have a good resource for that? I don't do so well there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4kawSK7wmA

This video covers doing camps IIRC. Among other things.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

Do eeet

There may be more to it, but if you take the extra spin on q talent level 1 and the 35% bonus damage to slowed targets, you just walk to the middle of the camp and drop q at your feet. Between that and the aoe damage on autos you can clear most camps before they break your shield.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

BrianBoitano posted:

Last chance to get a rank up before the season ends tomorrow!

Thanks for the reminder, was dead certain I was doing placement games with Bronzes and that that was about my skill level, was pleased to find that I placed Gold

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

Do eeet

Won 2 in a row but getting too tired to care any more, so I'll end the season 117 rank points from plat. This was the first season I did ranked, started silver 5 and climbed to gold 2 in hero league, too, so I'm happy. Maybe next season!

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

so many salty people in ranked :(

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

not a great time to play ranked unless you love to play fill and are great at calming down angry manchildren

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Minorkos posted:

not a great time to play ranked unless you love to play fill and are great at calming down angry manchildren

I can't even imagine. Everyone trying to do tonight what they've failed at for months, and it's all YOUR FAULT

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

I got within 2 wins of reaching Plat tonight but then switched groups (had to take a break for call with wife) and lost my way to a demotion match. Oh well!

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Here I am sitting at plat 3 or 4 knowing I'm mildly better than my rank and that I'll get diamond next season.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I ended the season in Master's so whatever, I'm happy with it. Praise be to Lucio for carrying me there.

BrianBoitano posted:

I got within 2 wins of reaching Plat tonight but then switched groups (had to take a break for call with wife) and lost my way to a demotion match. Oh well!

I think I played against you last night, were you Garroshing against a godly junkrat?

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

On Braxis? Yeah. Well done. That was the closest game I've ever played on Braxis, though we never got a keep the game went back and forth quite a bit.

BrianBoitano posted:

On Braxis? Yeah. Well done. That was the closest game I've ever played on Braxis, though we never got a keep the game went back and forth quite a bit.

That was a super fun game, I was li ming. I didn't think we'd ever win a team fight at first.

The junkrat is a master rank guy who just clicks the LFG box when he logs on and will slum it with whatever rank and doesn't get too salty, playing with him helps me learn meta skills a lot.

Ort fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Jul 10, 2018

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

fool_of_sound posted:

The Lost Vikings in HGC :gowron:

Sorry if I missed it already being posted, but does someone have a Youtube link or recording of this match? I hunger for fun Viking matches to watch, especially on the Pro level.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
no such thing as a fun vikings match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Ritznit posted:

Sorry if I missed it already being posted, but does someone have a Youtube link or recording of this match? I hunger for fun Viking matches to watch, especially on the Pro level.
Master League makes it easy to find pro games of your favorite hero. Click the game # on the left side of the screen, click watch, enjoy. All replays are posted on a public google drive but those that were played on the diablo hotfix patch can't be watched.

There's a German vikings one-trick who usually hovers between diamond and master, although glancing at his VODs he recently tanked himself down to plat.

Grubby sometimes posts Vikings games on Youtube.