Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Why don’t I (19F) care that my bf (20M) is abusive?

quote:

He’s not physically abusive. But gaslighting and emotional abuse is a routine. Today, he said he was going to the bathroom and I asked him to hurry, as I had to go as well. 40 minutes I texted him and said, “are you going to be out anytime soon?” I wait 10 minutes and go to our room to see him laying on our bed. I asked why he ignored me and he said because I was rude. I said I could have worded it better, but you knew I had to go so after 50 minutes total I was a little frustrated. He said that he didn’t ignore me, he just didn’t respond, as ignoring “has to be a conscious effort”. I explain that reading a text from someone and choosing not to answer it is a conscious effort. And that it was then even rider of him to not let me know he was out, as I STILL had to go. He continues going on about how he didn’t ignore me, so I just left the room. I went back in to grab something and he said something to me, I got what I needed and left without answering (to do the exact same thing as he did). He storms out, yelling “you’re just going to ignore me now?!” I said I did it solely because you did it to me. I’m showing you how hurt I felt. He continues yelling about how I was rude and how I’m wrong for ignoring him. I asked why it was okay for him but not for me, and he said “because mine was justified.” I know this is a bad example as I did egg him on a bit, but my mind is cluttered right now so I can’t think of other experiences. This is a daily occurrence.

**TL;DR : bf constantly gaslights and emotionally abused me in different hypocritical ways. It hurts like hell and pisses me off to no end, but I never think of it as a reason to break up. Is his behavior going to progress? Do I need to get over the love I have for him and realize I don’t deserve this? Or am I just completely overreacting.

Hahaha, Jesus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP

Awesome, thanks!

EDIT: That is some extremely good poo poo.

metachronos fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jul 9, 2018

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

LadyPictureShow posted:

Hahaha, Jesus.

next time pee on his clothes

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

LadyPictureShow posted:

Hahaha, Jesus.
What a bright future these two have.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I’m reeeeeeeally hoping to hear more on this one, because the content was removed to just say:

quote:

Edit: Well, this is awkward. Turns out she also uses reddit and reads this sub. gently caress me, right?

I [30M] Chose The Wrong One - Can It Be Fixed

quote:

A few years ago, I was going through the worst break up of my life. Around the same time, I reconnected with an old female friend I had since early childhood, Sophie[23F then, 28F now]. We had always gotten along well and shared many of the same interests and she is someone I would consider a best friend. Sophie is the kind of person who gets along well with everyone and one of the few people I am fairly comfortable with as I find that I can tell her anything really easily. She is always willing to help others and honestly just a genuiely good person. She listened to me for days on end and helped me pick up the broken pieces of myself and become even better than I was before. She never made me feel like less of a man for crying or going to therapy and was the only person who actively encouraged to take care of my mental health. Sophie cooked me delicious meals when I didn't feel like getting out of bed, went on runs with me to keep me motivated, watched anime me with, enjoyed working on my car with me, helped me make a plan for the future and would calm me down whenever I would start to get close to having a panic attack. I constantly felt like I was becoming a better person just by being in her presence and found myself thinking about her 24/7 after many months of this. There was lots of flirting and banter between and people often mistook us for a couple based on how close we were (and how easily I could make her blush) and to be completely honest, we always had chemistry but I was somewhat of an rear end in a top hat when I was younger.

This is when my friends decided to introduce me to my recent ex gf, Katie[22F then, 27 now]. I didn't really like her that much at all when we first met. She was rather boring, didn't really share any of my interests or hobbies, but was pleasant enough and really into me sexually (this is important later). This is where I hosed up. When I told Sophie how I felt about her, she happily returned by feelings and we made plans to attend a con a few hours away together. About a month after confessing to her, she tells me she has something to tell me and she hopes I won't think less of her for it. She explained how she had been seeing a therapist herself as her last ex had sexually assulted her for the duration of their relationship. She was sobbing as she told me that she knew it was soon, but she had asked her therapist for guidance and they had suggested that since we had been best friends for almost 12 years at that point that telling me, a trusted person, would help and it was clearly weighing heavily on her keeping any secerts from me. To this day, I am the only person I know of she has told. She explained as that was her only exposure to sex of any kind, that it would take her some time to become comfortable enough to have it with me (her relationship only ended slightly before mine and the abuse had been going on since she was 17, but she was so ashamed of herself that she told no one as she believed she deserved it. When we reconnected, she simply said they had broken up due to differences and quickly changed the subject as she said it made her quite uncomfortable to talk about. Looking back, it explains why she got more and more distant as her ex was also extremely controlling and hated me as Sophie had always been close to me). I simply held her and told her that I understood and didn't think less of her for it. She seemed so happy and relieved when I told her and her face then still haunts me as I could tell she trusted me 100%.

But it did bother me, because I was an idiot and thinking with my dick and hadn't seen any action for over a year. That very night her dad was rushed to the hospital for a heart attack and she asked if I could possibly call her later as she found my voice to be comforting. I was hanging out with my friends and Katie and ignored her message. I simply apologized when I got home and told her I was with friends. Her response was positive and she told me it was healthy for me to be spending time with friends as I had isolated myself after the breakup and I could just call her tomorrow. The next night, I told her at 1 AM that it was over via a text, blocked her everywhere, and started dating Katie a a few weeks later. According to mutual friends, she was completely devasted. Sophie took a job out of state and fell off the grid for a while. I hadn't thought of her much until I was clearing out my block list and asked mutuals about her as she has all of her profiles pretty locked down. Apparently she hasn't dated anyone since then, but her life is completely amazing. She landed her dream job in an extremely lucrative field, drives my absolute dream car, has taught herself several languages and has literally my ideal life. Everything I have ever wanted to do or have - she has got it even down to the style of decor. I find myself constantly comparing my life to hers. The reason I got with Katie - not wanting to wait for sex - was thrown out the window as soon as we were together for a few months. She was suddenly always tired and never really interested in me anymore. Plus, she has gained over 100 pounds since we had gotten together while Sophie still looks the exact same way she did at 23 - a real 10/10. It turns out she was cheating on me with multiple men for almost the entire duration of our relationship. She made me quit many of my hobbies, made fun of me for enjoying anime, and finally had me sell my car because it "you don't need a sports car around kids". I still work in the same lovely job and rent a crap apartment just barely scraping by. Katie never once helped cook or clean claiming they were "wifey" things and pointed out that the last girl who did that for me got dumped on the curb and laughed. I can't help but feel that I made the worst possible choice and I deeply regret it. I see now that if I had just stayed with Sophie that we would have both grown together and it was wrong of me to completely abandon her after everything she had done for me.

The problem:

I want to reach out to Sophie and make things right. I am slightly scared that a random message out of the blue would just come off wrong, but she has always been very friendly and willing to forgive. I honestly do not think the girl has a mean bone in her body. She has forgiven me for transgressions in the past, so what is the worst that can happen?

TL;DR - Don't think solely with your dick. I did and it hosed me up. Can I fix it?

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
Nice thread title everyone- seeing content I posted in the thread title will serve as a constant reminder of my stellar posts 💯

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

LadyPictureShow posted:

Hahaha, Jesus.

Really the part where she just kind of sat there for 40 literal minutes not even peeking at the bathroom door while he sat on the bed seething over a perceived slight and not moving or speaking is the perfect encapsulation of someone staying in an emotionally abusive relationship despite knowing it's a terrible idea

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

LadyPictureShow posted:

The reason I got with Katie - not wanting to wait for sex - was thrown out the window as soon as we were together for a few months. She was suddenly always tired and never really interested in me anymore. Plus, she has gained over 100 pounds since we had gotten together while Sophie still looks the exact same way she did at 23 - a real 10/10. It turns out she was cheating on me with multiple men for almost the entire duration of our relationship. She made me quit many of my hobbies, made fun of me for enjoying anime, and finally had me sell my car because it "you don't need a sports car around kids". I still work in the same lovely job and rent a crap apartment just barely scraping by. Katie never once helped cook or clean claiming they were "wifey" things and pointed out that the last girl who did that for me got dumped on the curb and laughed.

:owned:

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Lol. I would have understood about having reservations with dating an abuse survivor who was struggling with intimacy. But he couldn't have handled the situation more poorly.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

failing forward posted:

Re: Landlord Word Salad

This woman is 100% purposefully loving with this dude, but he deserves it because even if she wasn't, he would still think she was. It doesn't matter. There are just some men who will always think women are on display FOR THEM. I could wear a potato sack and Hammer Pants and dudes would still hit on me, but if I wear a low-cut top then it is suddenly my fault it happened.
Daaamn, that rear end is 2 legit 2 quit!

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

LadyPictureShow posted:

It's taking my [F25] bf [M24] of 4 years too long to propose and my attitude ruined our weekend. Not sure how to proceed.

LMAO

In the comments she reveals that they actually tried to live together once and "it was quite the wakeup call". So she thinks it will magically work out in the future just because there's a ring on her finger. No poo poo he doesn't want to propose.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

there was an unbelievably sad and hosed up story a lil while back about a woman who was raped and as a result found the prospect of intimacy (or even physical proximity) with her husband/boyfriend unbearable. sometimes it’s not your fault but you’re not compatible. Don’t do what this guy did.

tractor fanatic
Sep 9, 2005

Pillbug

Aramoro posted:

Calling the English failed imperialists kinda makes it sounds like they failed at imperialism and they pretty much nailed that to be honest. Also it wasn't really the English but rather the British that were the imperialists.

If you're looking for an non-imperialist winner you better be rooting for Croatia then as your other choices are France or Belgium.

this was 3 pages back but uh what? the first people the english colonized was everyone else in britain

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

tractor fanatic posted:

this was 3 pages back but uh what? the first people the english colonized was everyone else in britain

Go back that far and I guess the definition of 'English' becomes pretty confused, but yeah, certainly Wales and part of Ireland were directly colonised by a recognisable English state.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

LadyPictureShow posted:

I’m reeeeeeeally hoping to hear more on this one, because the content was removed to just say:

hahahahahaha

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
27 [M] with my fiancee [28/F] of three years. Found unflattering messages about me and I don't know what to think[new] (self.relationships)

quote:

I have always had a big crush on my fiancee. She was my sister's friend in HS (a grade ahead of me) and we both attended the same university. She and I were never close but definitely knew each other - she and my sister spent a lot of time together.

We started dating 3 years ago, she had come out of a tough relationship with a guy that everyone universally loathed. She stayed single for a while and through a bunch of random meet-ups and hanging out with my sister, we ended up getting together. I was thrilled from the start, we've had a really easy going courtship. She started hinting that she started to hint that she wanted an engagement and 6 months ago, I asked and she said yes.

Yesterday she has been changed her email over and asked me to go through old emails and forward anything I thought was important to her new account. She asked me because it's an incredibly boring task. So, I was going through and found emails from around the time we started dating and continuing to about ~4 months into our relationship that are between her and a friend that was living in NYC at the time. It goes into pretty solid detail about our relationship and comparing me & her ex.

The emails.... aren't flattering. At first she questions why we're together, then questions what we're doing together, compares me negatively to her ex and isn't sure about what she is doing in a relationship. The emails are pretty frequent for the four months when the subject abruptly changes to other things and she and her friend don't discuss it.

At the time, we talked about our feelings and she never voiced anything. Over the last three years, we've become close, she's told me that I'm her best friend, we've planned for the future. The emails really spooked me. They were also hurtful. I know they're in the past, but I just feel really crummy. I didn't mention them to her, I'm sure she forgot about them.

Should I drop it? Why do I feel so crappy?

tl;dr found emails about me that were really unflattering, feel really low after reading them. Not sure what I should do after finding them, if I should just drop them, or if I should just leave it alone. Feel really low.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
luckily real life is a goosebumps CYOA and you can "take back" years worth of relationship by keeping your thumb on the page

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

LadyPictureShow posted:

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Caganer posted:

27 [M] with my fiancee [28/F] of three years. Found unflattering messages about me and I don't know what to think[new] (self.relationships)

Oh drat.... ouch bro just ouch.

Flutieflakes017
Feb 16, 2012

only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain

Pick posted:

*the women will still be at the wedding

Right, and the men will be crowded around the tv somewhere adjacent and the bride will be mad.

To a Texan this feels like when (Texas) weddings are scheduled for Saturday’s in the fall. Yeah, people will be there. The men will congregate around the nearest tv and feelings will be hurt.

That being said, unless this is a very low key wedding rescheduling is not feasible. Hopefully the wedding goes off and they’ll laugh about it some day.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Flutieflakes017 posted:

Right, and the men will be crowded around the tv somewhere adjacent and the bride will be mad.

To a Texan this feels like when (Texas) weddings are scheduled for Saturday’s in the fall. Yeah, people will be there. The men will congregate around the nearest tv and feelings will be hurt.

That being said, unless this is a very low key wedding rescheduling is not feasible. Hopefully the wedding goes off and they’ll laugh about it some day.

Bring back Texas v Texas A&M

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

blugu64 posted:

Yes then bomb the stadium

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

LadyPictureShow posted:

Hahaha, Jesus.

All this dude has to do is explain to her that he's being emotionally distant because he is very excited about the World Cup and she'll let him off the hook (or if she doesn't, then she doesn't really love him anyway)

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Flutieflakes017 posted:

At every wedding Ive been in Louisiana if your wedding even partially conflicts with the Saints or LSU expect literally everyone up to and including your own mother to be watching the game on the closest TV or cellphone. One couple scheduled their wedding to wrap up at kickoff so they themselves could turn on the Saints at their reception with the expectation even they wouldnt stay if it wasnt on.

Conversely, this is also the same state where the brides father and the grooms uncle got in a fistfight over it being a dry wedding and the two of them failing to agree on how to split the fifth they snuck in so “decorum” may not apply.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
My husbands female coworker is friends with him on Facebook and she’s liking all of his photos without me !

quote:

So around 6 months ago I (34 F)started to notice a girl who is friends with my husband (33 M )on FB liking all of his photos with him and our kids. Also likes his status updates. She’s never liked any photo with me and if i tag a pic of my husband she will of course like it. I asked my husband who she was , and he said it’s a coworker. He’s worked with her for years but they just became friends on fb this year.

He admitted she may have a crush on him but feeling isn’t mutual. He’s never spoken or hung out with her after work. The only reason he friended her was to get back at me for having so many male friends on FB and also accused me of an affair earlier this year which is insane! He said they are friends at work. Anyhow recently she commented on his post and said something like she is game to help him out fixing up our backyard. He laughed it off and i hit the angry button lol. After that she made her profile private she still continues to like all his poo poo, what would you do in this situation? Help!!

TL;DR Am I being a weirdo, need options please! We have been married 10years and have 2 small children

I love a good buried lede. :discourse:

he's cheating

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

A spicy bit from the comments of this story to lead off:

quote:

I believe I am the exception, not the rule.

Oh my G:barf:

My soulmate was definitely born at the wrong time

quote:

I’m a 20 year old female, and he’s a 47 year old male.

In high school I was really close to a teacher. I took one or two of his classes every year and literally I would stay behind 20 minutes after class and we would talk about life. He would write me excuses to my next class every. single. Day. Somehow every year the teacher of my next class would just accept it and by the graces of whatever higher power may exist, I never got in trouble for this.

When I was a junior the step-son, whom he had raised since he was three, transferred to our school. He was a sophomore but had been homeschooled before. He was going through an emo phase and his stepdad was really worried about him making friends so he asked me to show him around and eat lunch with him. He got attached to me pretty quickly. We became good friends and talked daily.

The second semester of my junior year things changed a lot. Their home life was falling apart. My teacher confided in me and we had deeper discussions and I began going and spending time in his class after school. Sometimes as much as 3 hours. We would listen to music, and talk. We read books. Talked about my future and what I wanted to do, and what he wanted to do someday. Eventually his home life got worse he went through a divorce. He stopped coming to school for a solid 2 weeks and we exchanged emails in the mean time.

When he came back he was still completely torn up, and I tried to be there for him as much as I could. Things progressed into the physical realm but we didn’t have full-on intercourse. This changed one night when I babysat his younger 4 year old son due to a last minute emergency, and we had a moment in his home after his son fell asleep. His stepson wasn’t around much anymore but I still talked to him daily and he was going through a lot too.

I felt wrong being so close to his stepson and keeping this huge secret, so I asked to move schools, as my family had recently moved into a larger home in a different school district anyway. I had a few relationships throughout high school but I never felt the same way as I did with this teacher. I would still drive to my old high school my senior year, and spend time with this teacher after school, and I felt less guilty when his son and I would talk because I didn’t have to face him every day.

The year after I graduated I moved to a university nearly a thousand miles away and we kept in touch but we weren’t nearly as close as we used to be.

Fast forward and I’ve moved back to my home city to finish college. In a few months I will turn 21 and I’m about to be a junior in college. I’ve been back for about a year and in that time we’ve met up a handful of times but we talk all of the time. I’ve had many relationships and slept with other people all throughout college so far and no one else has ever been as emotionally and physically fulfilling.

He has gone on a few dates here and there but no relationships have materialized. I’m genuinely convinced this man is my soul-mate. It’s been 6 years and there’s no one I’ve ever enjoyed talking to or simply sharing space with in my entire life.

I just have no idea what to do or how to go about this, because for some reason we’ve never talked about us, or what this is, or how we feel. I don’t know how to bring it up and it honestly just seems doomed because of our 27 year age difference.... he’s older than my parents. Also his step son is one of my very best friends to this day. I’ve never told him about it. Is it worth bringing up or trying for, if a relationship would completely destroy and anger everyone around us???

TL;DR - I’ve had a 6 year friendship/hookup situation with my teacher from high school/best friends dad and I think I love him but a relationship would hurt so many people.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

LadyPictureShow posted:

Oh yeah thats the stuff right there.

:ck5:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Stevens Dad was an ill advised sequel to Stacey’s Mom.

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe

Caganer posted:

My husbands female coworker is friends with him on Facebook and she’s liking all of his photos without me !

he's cheating

She's definitely cheating

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

LadyPictureShow posted:

It's taking my [F25] bf [M24] of 4 years too long to propose and my attitude ruined our weekend. Not sure how to proceed.

LMAO

That dude is going to troll this poor girl into an early grave. This is like a movie where the pizza-faced sixteen-year-old gets all hot and comes back to psychologically torture the crush who treated him like poo poo in school.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

LadyPictureShow posted:

Hey turns out she has my ideal life and I want her now? So I'm still good to get in there right?

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

jfc i just found the rest of Nutt Bugg's boyfriend's post history and it's all like

I think my friend is a victim of domestic violence. What can I do?
I just watched The Staircase on Netflix and couldn't help thinking back

Wasn't there some girl who posted that she had a guy friend who saw her s&m bruising and decided to tell everyone she knows that her boyfriend was abusing her when she told him to drop it? Oh! Also he discovered the bruising by lifting up her shirt without her permission. Maybe this is the same dickbag.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Milotic posted:

My (late 20s/F) brother (mid 20s) and i have been estranged for years. I am a bone marrow match but do not want to donate as he is still being disrespectful and doing so will require me to give up my whole life and move back to my home country after I moved here to escape his bullying.

You know what you need to do.

quote:

He also could not afford to come to my country, would not be covered by insurance here, and would expect to live with me to keep his costs down even if he could, which is a huge no after how he treated me for years.

:murder:

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

LadyPictureShow posted:

How old is she going to be when she finally realizes how loving creepy and predatory his behavior was? She'll probably pine over him for the next 20 years and become a cat lady.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Odd posted:

She's definitely cheating

That was my first thought.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

Caganer posted:

he's cheating

She clicks like... on his penis

Flutieflakes017
Feb 16, 2012

only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain

Barudak posted:

At every wedding Ive been in Louisiana if your wedding even partially conflicts with the Saints or LSU expect literally everyone up to and including your own mother to be watching the game on the closest TV or cellphone. One couple scheduled their wedding to wrap up at kickoff so they themselves could turn on the Saints at their reception with the expectation even they wouldnt stay if it wasnt on.

Conversely, this is also the same state where the brides father and the grooms uncle got in a fistfight over it being a dry wedding and the two of them failing to agree on how to split the fifth they snuck in so “decorum” may not apply.

Yes. My boss, a Sooner and an NYU educated tax attorney, found out my paralegal scheduled my office wedding shower for a Saturday during football season and went ballistic. I am not invested in the World Cup but I am sympathetic because.. well.. UT football.

blugu64 posted:

You ruined my night. This won't cause a derail but if had any sway it would. I am concerned this might gain me a prob because I haven't seen a football derail in all of the 3000+ pages of this thread but I don't care. I also I know I will lose all credibility with goons whose stuff I like reading like Pick, Caganer, and Ziv Zulander but I don't care. The World Cup talk and you mentioning UT football brought this on.

I watched the last Texas v. Texas A&M game, the 2011 game, with my parents. They are UT class of 78' and 80' respectively. I am class of 09 and I have 2 uncles on my dad's side and 3 uncles on my mom side who are UT grads. I don't know if you remember that game but I have this idea you're a Texas fan and I suspect you do.

There was no reason UT should have won that game. It was in college station. Most of the starting A&M O-Line that night played a role in setting up Johnny Manziel and went NFL. Ryan Tannehill was a 1st round pick. Both of their starting running backs went into the NFL. Texas had "Herp-a-derp" Case McCoy, the younger Shipley, and a really good kicker. Somehow the UT offense did enough that night so that three guys on defense with terrible names, Kenny Vaccaro, Carrington Byndom, and Quandre Diggs could absolutely ruin Ryan Tannehill's night.

Moments that immediately springs to mind any time I think of that game is me and my dad taking turns yelling at the other to calm down. For example, when Miles Onyegbule threw an incomplete pass to a stumbling receiver on a trick play that would have been a touchdown I was inconsolable for about 20 seconds. My dad told me to calm down and I told him I was going to throw "his old rear end" into the pool if he didn't sit down. When Jaxon Shipley threw Blaine Irby, a man who was told he might not walk again a couple of years earlier, a touchdown on another trick play I cried like my first child had just been born. Two plays later my dad flipped poo poo and I said he needed to sit down or I would sit him down. The penultimate shouting match occurred during the Case McCoy dash for 23 yards that set up the winning field goal. I think in the time that it took him to run that far my father and I traded off yelling at each other to calm down at least 3 times. When the Justin Tucker field goal sealed the game I started crying and forced my dad to hug me. When he finally managed to pull away I had left two tear stains on his shirt. We drove from our house in north Austin down to the drag in front of UT just like we did after the Ricky Williams 1998 A&M game.

Yes, I know I have emotional problems and after writing this out I do not feel it is fair for me to judge the /r/relationships posters anymore. I am not convinced it is in my best interest to bring back Texas v. Texas A&M.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Flutieflakes017 posted:

Yes. My boss, a Sooner and an NYU educated tax attorney, found out my paralegal scheduled my office wedding shower for a Saturday during football season and went ballistic. I am not invested in the World Cup but I am sympathetic because.. well.. UT football.

You ruined my night. This won't cause a derail but if had any sway it would. I am concerned this might gain me a prob because I haven't seen a football derail in all of the 3000+ pages of this thread but I don't care. I also I know I will lose all credibility with goons whose stuff I like reading like Pick, Caganer, and Ziv Zulander but I don't care. The World Cup talk and you mentioning UT football brought this on.

I watched the last Texas v. Texas A&M game, the 2011 game, with my parents. They are UT class of 78' and 80' respectively. I am class of 09 and I have 2 uncles on my dad's side and 3 uncles on my mom side who are UT grads. I don't know if you remember that game but I have this idea you're a Texas fan and I suspect you do.

There was no reason UT should have won that game. It was in college station. Most of the starting A&M O-Line that night played a role in setting up Johnny Manziel and went NFL. Ryan Tannehill was a 1st round pick. Both of their starting running backs went into the NFL. Texas had "Herp-a-derp" Case McCoy, the younger Shipley, and a really good kicker. Somehow the UT offense did enough that night so that three guys on defense with terrible names, Kenny Vaccaro, Carrington Byndom, and Quandre Diggs could absolutely ruin Ryan Tannehill's night.

Moments that immediately springs to mind any time I think of that game is me and my dad taking turns yelling at the other to calm down. For example, when Miles Onyegbule threw an incomplete pass to a stumbling receiver on a trick play that would have been a touchdown I was inconsolable for about 20 seconds. My dad told me to calm down and I told him I was going to throw "his old rear end" into the pool if he didn't sit down. When Jaxon Shipley threw Blaine Irby, a man who was told he might not walk again a couple of years earlier, a touchdown on another trick play I cried like my first child had just been born. Two plays later my dad flipped poo poo and I said he needed to sit down or I would sit him down. The penultimate shouting match occurred during the Case McCoy dash for 23 yards that set up the winning field goal. I think in the time that it took him to run that far my father and I traded off yelling at each other to calm down at least 3 times. When the Justin Tucker field goal sealed the game I started crying and forced my dad to hug me. When he finally managed to pull away I had left two tear stains on his shirt. We drove from our house in north Austin down to the drag in front of UT just like we did after the Ricky Williams 1998 A&M game.

Yes, I know I have emotional problems and after writing this out I do not feel it is fair for me to judge the /r/relationships posters anymore. I am not convinced it is in my best interest to bring back Texas v. Texas A&M.

didn't read

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

So how much money do you throw at the burnt orange cult when they come calling for money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Xun posted:

So how much money do you throw at the burnt orange cult when they come calling for money

I think you can only give like $2k a year to the RNC but the superpacs will accept larger donations