Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

What's this sudden feeling of dread I have-

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

poo poo I forgot post-4th gym tv, for worrying things they do with Gardevoir.

Oh. That's it, that's the feeling of dread. Why game, why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

The new thread title is excellent.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Hellioning posted:

So Dr. Psycho there has already been commented on a bunch, as has OFS' bad taste in comic book characters.

Techinically since Harley was made for Batman: TAS, she's technically a cartoon character, which is even worse

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

GirlCalledBob posted:

Ignoring all the what the actual gently caress going on here, wow Heather is insufferable. Like, I thought the idea was that her dad was borderline abusive and that we should feel sorry for her and poo poo, but she's basically just a big bully who acts like a five year old, and suddenly it's not so unreasonable that her dad was pissed off by her lovely disobedience. Hey rear end in a top hat, maybe he set a bunch of rules on you because your idea of 'friendship' is yelling at a timid girl until she agrees with your every whim.

Eh, her dad just turned out to be a terrorist and suicide bombed a city for losing a Pokemon battle. In a better narrative, you could cut her a lot of slack for acting lovely to everyone, because some people just aren't good at handling tragedy.
However, we're not reading a good story; we're reading the worst story we could find because our brains are wired wrong.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

After such a horrendous update leave it to the thread to make things right :allears:

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Yikes, kick a man while he's down.

With the clown, apparently.

To be honest, I'm surprised you made it this far without an av change.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

:laffo:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
did the thread always have this icon, or has it just been changed recently--'cause that's fitting

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
It's always had it, but it's gaining more meanings as time goes on. :allears:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Yikes, kick a man while he's down.

With the clown, apparently.

Seems more "on" than "with," OFS.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Hellioning posted:

Yeah, that's pretty drat appropriate.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

how does this game keep topping itself

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Really, Sheep, you have nobody to blame but yourself for this one. You knew going in that this game would damage you, and now it has. :allears:

Explopyro
Mar 18, 2018

Even though I want to have sex with both Harley Quinn and with Gothitelle, combining the two makes it less arousing.

why would you say this

Also, new thread title is good, but I think it's a bit of a missed opportunity:
Games > Let's Play! > Aaaaghsjdhbjhwfejdshbd. Let's Play Pokemon Reborn!

How does this game exist?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Goddamn that's a lot of words, thanks for cutting out most of the bullshit cause reading this dialogue is like applying sandpaper to your eyes. The fact that this hasn't changed since I've tried Reborn is very telling. Also completely not-Pokemon-like. By this time in the game even Sun&Moon are stomping down on the cutscenes and fluff and focus on the gameplay more cause stopping your momentum after every single badge is really not how you get someone invested in the game :v:

CapitanAwesome
Apr 22, 2008

DROP YOUR PANTS, I'M A PROFESSIONAL.

Kikas posted:

Goddamn that's a lot of words, thanks for cutting out most of the bullshit cause reading this dialogue is like applying sandpaper to your eyes. The fact that this hasn't changed since I've tried Reborn is very telling. Also completely not-Pokemon-like. By this time in the game even Sun&Moon are stomping down on the cutscenes and fluff and focus on the gameplay more cause stopping your momentum after every single badge is really not how you get someone invested in the game :v:

They also had the realization of more limitations does not equal fun, and thusly just let you go kinda hog with whatever for the most part, which is basically in the exact opposite direction this game went.

What I'm saying is gently caress this arbitrary level cap poo poo holy gently caress

EDIT: And so much "plot" you legitimately forget what you're supposed to ACTUALLY be doing.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Explopyro posted:

why would you say this

He probably didn't expect people to think he was serious.

Still hilarious.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

I've made several mistakes.

This thing and the new thread title has made the thread worth it oh my God! I can't stop laughing! :laffo:

Whoever burned those :10bux: has my gratitude. This is comedy gold. :allears:

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

I've made several mistakes.

Post/Avatar combo :five:

RyuHimora
Feb 22, 2009
Is anyone else having this problem where the game is literally deleting parts of itself randomly and refusing to start? This is now the sixth time I've had to start over in my attempts to record going through with no level caps and better pokemon. It's almost like my computer is rejecting the code as being too horrible.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
okay the redtext is hilarious but honestly I'm gonna miss the old avatar a lot :(

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

RyuHimora posted:

Is anyone else having this problem where the game is literally deleting parts of itself randomly and refusing to start? This is now the sixth time I've had to start over in my attempts to record going through with no level caps and better pokemon. It's almost like my computer is rejecting the code as being too horrible.

Pokemon Reborn itself is committing suicide, ultimate edginess. :emo:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

RyuHimora posted:

It's trying to save you. Stop fighting, and accept that you should not, under any circumstance, subject yourself to this poo poo and your computer genuinely loves you and wants you to be happy, which you won't with Reborn. No one can be happy with Reborn. Reborn does not want you to be happy.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Hellioning posted:

I come in here seeing nearly a hundred new posts and a new thread title and I see OFS' exciting new avatar and I gotta say yeah, the new title sums it all up.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
EXP finally received.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Dragonatrix posted:

EXP finally received.

Some enemies may not be affected. :negative:

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Some enemies may not be affected. :negative:

You may just have done too much damage and overflowed the counter.

SirSystemError
Jan 3, 2018

Well I'm speechless on several levels now. Just when you think the game is bad enough, it finds ways to (arguably) get worse.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

lol that someone got mad enough at that joke to do this

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

I don't think that redtext was made out of anger...

megane
Jun 20, 2008

This thread is the gift that keeps on giving

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

ZeButler posted:

I don't think that redtext was made out of anger...

The perfection of the joke, then, is that it's identical to one that was made out of anger.

This uncertainty vexes me. As does how garbage the grammar is, holy poo poo.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

megane posted:

This thread is the gift that keeps on giving

Certainly unlike the game.

PBJ
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

XavierGenisi posted:

You were doomed ever since you lost the ability to love.

Well, at least he can still feel arousal.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Mega64 posted:

He probably didn't expect people to think he was serious.

Still hilarious.

And still better than that FF6 mod author who admitted he was a bit too into cartoon ponies.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
They combined them the wrong way. It needs to be Gothitelle's look on Harley's body.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Azza Bamboo posted:

They combined them the wrong way. It needs to be Gothitelle's look on Harley's body.
... So you're saying that the creator of Reborn should've had their alternate shiny Gothitelle have an entirely different design?

RyuHimora
Feb 22, 2009

Zereth posted:

... So you're saying that the creator of Reborn should've had their alternate shiny Gothitelle have an entirely different design?

No. It's a play on the joke OFS tried to make.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

The perfection of the joke, then, is that it's identical to one that was made out of anger.

This uncertainty vexes me. As does how garbage the grammar is, holy poo poo.

It's ok to feel annoyed and confused at your red text fellow red texter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
This game is horrible enough that I had a deluge of ideas for my own fangame. If I wanted to go dark and edgy, just having Ghost and Dark types act like their pokedex entries would do the trick, I don't need to stick unnecessary child torture and possibly sexual abuse in (Also this was literally a Criminal Minds episode). I even came up with a "good" way to represent a gun. It's a Poke Doll in battle, and a Repel in the field.

I'm sure it will go nowhere and my ideas file will languish in the folder with the files for my cat simulator, suburb manager, and hat-themed WWII puzzle platformer.