Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
It's really only Pogba that's playing much better for France than Mourinho. Lukaku had a pretty great season - admittedly his last two games for Belgium are better than anything he's done for United, but I think he did pretty well. And playing next to two of the league's best players is a big help.

Ever since he joined us, Fellaini's had about five games a season where he's absolutely unstoppable. Constantly in the right place, the ball sticks to him like glue, causing chaos in both penalty areas, opponents unable to lay a hand on him. He started the season like that, when United had that series of 4-0 wins. It's just a shame that the other 45 games a year he's kinda mediocre. I guess we'll see against France whether the Brazil game was an aberration or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Anyone else had all the Ramble acast specials randomly load into their feed (I haven’t paid for them)?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Anyone else had all the Ramble acast specials randomly load into their feed (I haven’t paid for them)?

I got four previews of like 20 seconds each in Overcast.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Bobby Digital posted:

I got four previews of like 20 seconds each in Overcast.

On closer inspection that is what happened to me, got confused because ages ago I somehow got the Chris Kirkland one. That was a decent listen.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Football weekly owns.

The debate between Max and Barry about how excited Baz got when England lost :discourse:

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

algebra testes posted:

Football weekly owns.

The debate between Max and Barry about how excited Baz got when England lost :discourse:

For a moment I thought they really were going to end the episode after 45 seconds, Max sounded so down.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
the Football Weekly guys have (rightfully) defended Sterling from the press targeting so much that they have to delude themselves that he hasn't been poor all tournament

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Sterling had a good tournament and it's not his fault he played as a striker when he can't finish for poo poo

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Bogan Krkic posted:

Sterling had a good tournament and it's not his fault he played as a striker when he can't finish for poo poo

Yeah, there's been plenty of wingers (and he is a winger) that were considered great that had the sort of goal return he does, I imagine he'd get far less poo poo if he wasn't called Raheem and didn't always look like he's auditioning for the local community Swan Lake show when he runs.

I look forward to giving him that very poo poo when the new season starts :twisted:

Messyass
Dec 23, 2003

Sterling has been poor. Just not as bad as some people say, and not any worse than Alli or Lingard. They all offer some vague "threat", but lack the technique or composure to really do anything with it.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Messyass posted:

Sterling has been poor. Just not as bad as some people say, and not any worse than Alli or Lingard. They all offer some vague "threat", but lack the technique or composure to really do anything with it.

Not sure Lingard deserves the level of retroactive criticism he's now getting, England's right side wasn't a problem either creatively or defensively. All Croatia's second half joy came down our left where Alli didn't have the legs to help cover Young when not in possession. Croatia wised up to the Sterling threat in the second half and sat a bit deeper to stop those runs behind, I'd have subbed Kane and Alli earlier in the second half, not Sterling, for Rashford and Vardy, fresh legs and both happy to press high up the pitch.

All stuff that I'm sure Southgate will look back on and realise, I can certainly appreciate the conundrum of wondering whether to stick or twist in that situation.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Today's Ramble is good, Luke with a pretty good post mortem of the match.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Ninpo posted:

Today's Ramble is good, Luke with a pretty good post mortem of the match.

Yeah that was good it made me feel a bit better. I think I'll give it until tomorrow to listen to barry gloating.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Lmao Barry can never resist slagging off a Totally Football Show contributor

https://twitter.com/bglendenning/status/1018200105156046849

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Ahaha Barry actually did it. The lyrics to that loving song :pwn:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
My lovely lady lumps

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Bob's Beardsley, Alderman and Seuth Hefrican story was amazing.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Still waiting for the mods to re-name me Sneaks McDevious

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

julian assflange posted:

Still waiting for the mods to re-name me Sneaks McDevious

I've heard GG has queued your name up as a right Boots McFoolish

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
One spanking new studio and 11 seasons later, the show’s presenter James Richardson departed for pastures new and was hurriedly replaced by the comparatively unpopular and charmless Max Rushden, who is about to begin his second season as host. Here, along with Barry Glendenning – a guest from the very beginning – Max discusses Football Weekly and their plans for the forthcoming season.

Edit: I just posted that because Barry wrote it but the body is actually pretty funny

quote:

Barry: Cambridge United haven’t done anything interesting in two seasons and you mention them in every show.

Max: Well I support them, so that’s different. But yes, I do mention them far too much. But this season I think the anti-Manchester United, anti-José agenda is strong. We were at the Big Journalist Meeting we’re not supposed to talk about earlier this week, where all the agendas for the season are laid out, and that was the top one.

Barry: There will be people, possibly wearing tinfoil hats, reading this who don’t realise you’re joking.

Max: I’m not joking. That agenda has been set and you’ll see it permeate through every TV show, article and podcast about football. Like everybody else, we’re duty-bound to stick to it

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/aug/13/football-weekly-in-conversation-season-ahead?CMP=share_btn_tw

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Aug 13, 2018

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
An article you can't help but read entirely in their voices

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
gently caress me, the new Football Weekly is over 90mins?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Some great insight into Steve McLarens tactics at QPR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VK2efdI92I

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

track day bro! posted:

Some great insight into Steve McLarens tactics at QPR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VK2efdI92I

Did some major lols at Tony Fernandes

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Is the European football show no longer a thing?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
The ramble is much better with jim back on.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

He's pretty much the Ramble's N'golo Kante

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I have always been law abiding, I think I would make a good assassin. - Barry

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
i thought I was getting back on board the totally football show but this loving geordie is intolerable

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
imagine repeatedly putting a geordie on a podcast smdh

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I appreciated barry talking about gambling advertising. You just sort of accept it because there is so much of it.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

Jippa posted:

I appreciated barry talking about gambling advertising. You just sort of accept it because there is so much of it.

It was funny hearing Jonathan 'blogger for Unibet' Wilson trying to nip it in the bud though.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

The handwringing over gambling addiction was ridiculous. Max's Jim White impression is great.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Bundy posted:

The handwringing over gambling addiction was ridiculous. Max's Jim White impression is great.

it was a generally hilarious pod. those are definitely the 3 best guests

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
I was walking around work on Friday after hearing the pod saying ROLAND DUCHATELET to myself. It's great to say in a mock Scottish accent.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Max doing jim white vs marcus doing craig brown.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

RideTheSpiral posted:

it was a generally hilarious pod. those are definitely the 3 best guests

Genuinely sad when it ended. Love a good international break pod.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Yesssss lads!

https://twitter.com/bglendenning/status/1039607574012866562?s=21

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

he is so butthurt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mickolution