Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lets burn
Nov 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I don't know... Is there anything to change on my WOL monk?

https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Firebat-1864/hero/99362936

It hits for 300bn crits, its the bees knees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

lets burn posted:

In my newbie opinion bane of the stricken isn't the most useful option at that GR level (based on your gem levels).

There's a small Diablo 3 sale (Diablo 2 not affected).

Forgot they still sell standalone D3.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

lets burn posted:

Helm: Needs CHC on it and your WoL roll needs to be higher
Shoulders: Needs either AD or VIt instead of sweeping winds
Gloves: Instead of vit you can get cooldown or another offensive stat, also your values for chc and chd are weak
Neck: You are missing both CHC and CHD and you really need one or the other or preferably both there. That is -10% CHC and -100% CHD that you are forgoing.
Wrist: Your CHC is trash and needs to be a lot higher, but don't sacrifice the orange text value in pursuit of it
Chest: Who cares about sweeping wind damage, stop putting it on your gear. Dex, Vit, Elite Damage or health regen, or something like that, not sweeping winds or allres and make sure you have a secondary resist on it.
Belt: Its not bad, this is the least of your problems
Rings: Stack as much CHC, CHD, and CDR as you can get across the two of them
Pants: Get rid of crippling wave for a defensive boost.
Boots: Roll that exploding palm damage off for WoL
Weapons: Your orange texts need to be as close to max as you can get them. Your damage rolls as well. You want CDR, AD, LoH spread across the three. If you have a lot of CDR before weapons then double AD rolls, if you don't have a lot of CDR before weapons then double CDR rolls.
Legendary Gems: Stop using Stricken until you reach ~GR90. Until then, using Bane of the Powerful is more useful.

Edit: you also have too much vit. My Bell Monk was doing around GR100s last season with just under 5k vit. Like 4.7 or 4.8.

Dameius fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Jul 10, 2018

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What do most of you do when you're stuck at a certain, fairly high, power level? Farm NRs for materials to craft and upgrade rares? Grind bounties to reroll legendaries? I most of all want to replace my weapons, so Kadala isn't that useful.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
anyone in question of their own build i always recommend just looking at leaderboard (seasonal) and copy gear and skills down to each stat just about.. it wasnt always like this :(

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Run rifts for dbs then. Otherwise speed grs for shards, gem upgrades, and more legs.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Rinkles posted:

What do most of you do when you're stuck at a certain, fairly high, power level? Farm NRs for materials to craft and upgrade rares? Grind bounties to reroll legendaries? I most of all want to replace my weapons, so Kadala isn't that useful.

Speed GRs, meaning the highest GR you can do at around the 3 minute mark to get the highest legendary per hour drop rate to farm for reforging. Then you do bounties as needed to fuel the cube.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Dameius posted:

Speed GRs, meaning the highest GR you can do at around the 3 minute mark to get the highest legendary per hour drop rate to farm for reforging.

I've already got duplicates of the stuff I really want to reroll, if that's what you mean.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
That is 1/3 of what you need. You also need x50 forgotten souls and x5 bounty mats per trip through the cube.

Running the speed GRs (assuming ykur speed GR is 70+) fuels the forgotten souls and the bounties to taste give you the mats. You get like 15 mats at T13 or something like that so its 3-4 reforges (depending on what the actual number is, can't remember and too lazy to check) per bounty run.

People who have specced for drop rate efficiency can usually get 500+ drops an hour if you stay tightly focused on just repeating runs and dealing with drops later and/or quickly.

I know when Primals first came out WolfCryer was doing drop rate testing for them and was doing 800 legendaries/hour average with his farm group and he wasn't bleeding edge of the gear range at the time.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Right, I just have such a comparatively large stockpile of Forgotten souls (3000+) I forgot they might eventually become a bottleneck themselves.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Every season they are always my bottleneck every time. Mostly because I don't let them stockpile up. If I have them I use them immediately for the thing I want to upgrade until I can clear at least a 90. Then I usually start slowing down during the season for the last 10-15 GRs in my season and it becomes less of an issue.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I started playing about half way through Season 7. In that time, I have never managed to clear GR70. Last night, I used my poor bell monk, and cleared it. I died a lot, but I didn't care about that. I just wanted to clear GR70, so that I can finally have access to Primals. :feelsgood:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Dameius posted:

Every season they are always my bottleneck every time. Mostly because I don't let them stockpile up. If I have them I use them immediately for the thing I want to upgrade until I can clear at least a 90. Then I usually start slowing down during the season for the last 10-15 GRs in my season and it becomes less of an issue.

I've been upgrading rares like crazy and I don't like bounties so that's why I've been bottlenecked elsewhere.

But I just got a not bad ancient vengeful wind (from reforging), so yippee!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Hopefully it has 7 stacks. I ran the math on d3planner last season and a 7-stack Vengeful Wind that's non-ancient is more of a DPS boost than a 6-stack ancient one.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

It is, yeah.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Nice, congrats. :toot: Now get you a solid In-geom for speed runs or a Kyoshiro's Blade for pushing and you should be golden.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I got this a while back, but I haven't looked into exactly how that build works.

(oops, intelligence)

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Rinkles posted:

I got this a while back, but I haven't looked into exactly how that build works.

(oops, intelligence)

It's basically the same thing, but less damage. Instead, In-Geom basically makes your Dashing Strike nearly zero CD, so you just zip through a rift from elite pack to elite pack, bash their brains in with bells, and zip off.

If you're doing normal rifts, you can do the while Avarice Band + Boon of the Hoarder thing and have a half-screen pickup radius and barely have to think. :v:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

luck's a funny thing

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
A Vengeful Wind that isn't a perfect otange roll can not be considered anything other than garbage.

It's like UE Multishot gear that doesn't have max +disc where it is an option.

Edit: if only that ring was chc/chd base so you could roll the dex off for even more offense and make it class independent.

Dameius fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jul 10, 2018

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Dameius posted:

A Vengeful Wind that isn't a perfect otange roll can not be considered anything other than garbage.

It's like UE Multishot gear that doesn't have max +disc where it is an option.

Edit: if only that ring was chc/chd base so you could roll the dex off for even more offense and make it class independent.

An ancient Yang's with no disc is still better than a non ancient with disc but what you say about Vengeful Wind is true. (But the difference between 6 stack ancient vs 7 stack non ancient isn't huge).

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The variance on Twisted Sword is real. 125% differential between the minimum and maximum legendary rolls on a skill that's doing 99.9% of your effective damage. And it's typically worn in combination with Deathwish (75% damage variance) and Etched Sigil (25%), which means ancient status barely matters if it's got min affixes.

lets burn
Nov 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Dameius posted:

excellent advice

I appreciate your excellent advice. I went back made changes. I took it to heart.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

Dameius posted:

A Vengeful Wind that isn't a perfect orange roll can not be considered anything other than garbage.

Bugger. I probably should have figured that out, was so happy to have got an ancient VW a while back.

Oh well, lets blow all the bounty mats, it's a 50/50 chance. And...I get no 7-roll ancient of course, but I guess the +1000% from extra wind stack overrides the 19% sheet damage?

(both are gifted for socket, am drowning in those things)

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

xiansi posted:

Bugger. I probably should have figured that out, was so happy to have got an ancient VW a while back.

Oh well, lets blow all the bounty mats, it's a 50/50 chance. And...I get no 7-roll ancient of course, but I guess the +1000% from extra wind stack overrides the 19% sheet damage?

(both are gifted for socket, am drowning in those things)

It's actually 11% more damage for the extra stack (going from 9 to 10 stacks). So do your math accordingly.

lets burn
Nov 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

bamhand posted:

It's actually 11% more damage for the extra stack (going from 9 to 10 stacks). So do your math accordingly.
this same thing just happened to me went to reroll the 6 stack one.

I was trying to read up on re-rolling ancient legendaries... And from what I gather, if you reroll its not guaranteed that you'll get another ancient legendary.

So how do you go about improving your weapons effectively? People describe it as being pretty grindie to farm mats just to do rerolls.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

lets burn posted:

this same thing just happened to me went to reroll the 6 stack one.

I was trying to read up on re-rolling ancient legendaries... And from what I gather, if you reroll its not guaranteed that you'll get another ancient legendary.

So how do you go about improving your weapons effectively? People describe it as being pretty grindie to farm mats just to do rerolls.

Get 2 of the weapon and reroll the worse one until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Get 2 of the weapon and reroll the worse one until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better, then reroll the other until it's better

Nice, I think I'm half way there

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Reroll Dex or Elite Dam to CHD?

e:you can't replace elite damage

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Jul 11, 2018

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Get rid of the dex, you can always augment it back on. And then you have a class independent ring.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Cubed up a primal Aether Walker this morning, looks like this season is over.

lets burn
Nov 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

the mats seem cost prohibitive. Is the only way to get them through act bounties?

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
Haven't played this game in years and just bought the battle chest. Should I bother with campaign mode at all this time around?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

lets burn posted:

the mats seem cost prohibitive. Is the only way to get them through act bounties?

Do the weekly challenge rift. And always do bounties in a public group.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

Haven't played this game in years and just bought the battle chest. Should I bother with campaign mode at all this time around?

Just jump into season play so you can skip the campaign. No one does non-season anyways.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Never Play Campaign

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
If it is a brand new account that you are using you will need to play the campaign once for some things, but after that never touch campaign ever again.

smarion2
Apr 22, 2010
I think I figured out my tankyness problem in rifts. I moved all my paragon from STR to VIT and now it's absolutely a bunch easier but now my damage seems to be lacking. I think I just need more paragon to get to GR100? Either that or... I'm just bad... that can't be right though? I think I may need to numlock condem as well?

https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Sumerian-1387/hero/101319789

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Depending on class/build GR100 starts at around minimum ~750 for good to average players. Closer to 1000 for average players and certain builds.

I think I was 850 first time I hit GR100 in a season on a bell monk where I had the benefit of playing a ranged build. I wasn't really rushing to that milestone, but that should at least give you a reference point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Dameius posted:

Depending on class/build GR100 starts at around minimum ~750 for good to average players. Closer to 1000 for average players and certain builds.

I think I was 850 first time I hit GR100 in a season on a bell monk where I had the benefit of playing a ranged build. I wasn't really rushing to that milestone, but that should at least give you a reference point.

Was it a comfortable GR100, or just made it within the time limit?