Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Yvonmukluk posted:

Here's what looks to be a nice not-Lizardmen army kickstarter.

That'd make one hell of a Salamanders army in Kings of War

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I kind of love this. They put a lot of design work into the Kickstarter page, and even got a prototype made for this awful, awful concept for a game.

This is the most sincere pitch for a weird fetish game and it's almost adorable.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Go RV! posted:

I kind of love this. They put a lot of design work into the Kickstarter page, and even got a prototype made for this awful, awful concept for a game.

This is the most sincere pitch for a weird fetish game and it's almost adorable.

They're seen fit to have the Kickstarted base game come with a simple and complete rulebook. Watch your back, ORC STABR.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Anyone doing So Long, My World? I'm trying to decide just what I think about it.

I've backed it. I like weird 'art' games and simultaneous play games tend to be well received by my gaming group so I hope it ends up being good.

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.

Flavivirus posted:

Hey folks - I'm planning on launching a kickstarter this week for a lightweight storytelling game called Harder They Fall. It's all about the final confrontation between titanic foes, inspired by Dread, MF0: Firebrands and Into the Breach. You can see a preview of the campaign here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1549920133/158912863?ref=532920&token=f83a8202. Any feedback is appreciated!

The idea is that as you fight you're placing down dominoes on a battle map in ever-growing chains, asking your opponents questions about how the battle's unfolding as you do. When you have enough down, you topple your chain (and maybe your allies' and enemies' too) in a world-shaking attack that strips away your target's strengths, plants doubts in their heart or causing them to forsake their oaths. As you play through the battle, you develop your understanding of who your character is, what sacrifices they're willing to make to win, and what effect they have on the land around them.

Pictured: A playtest battle in Tabletop Simulator between Lucifer, king of hell, and Definitely Not the Doom Marine. It did not go well for Lucifer.

The kickstarter's pretty lightweight - I have a £300 goal, and £5 gets you the PDF. If you pledge higher you get a hardcopy of the game, a set of dominoes to play it with, and rules reference cards. It's a very physical game, but I also have an official Tabletop Simulator module and a domino-less rules variant in the book.

It's part of an initiative Kickstarter is doing called Quickstarters - essentially small, off-the-cuff campaigns that move away from the more monolithic, buckets-of-stretch goals standard mould. As I've recently lost my main source of income, I have quite a lot of interest in seeing whether smaller, more regular sources of funding are doable :v:

This is now live! If you'd like a boss fight-centred story game about the fate of the world, played using dominoes with online play support, check it out.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Bodanarko posted:

Has anyone in here backed Tang Garden? I don’t recall it coming up in here but I’m a sucker for a pretty game that doesn’t overlap with other themes in my collection.

I backed it at the max level kind of begrudgingly. Not sure how all the stretch goals and expansion content will shake out, but the core game looks like a solid, relaxing couples game, and the fiancee is a sucker for the Japanese theme. If the KS stuff winds up over complicating things I'm sure I'll be able to unload it on somebody.

Bodanarko
May 29, 2009

deadwing posted:

I backed it at the max level kind of begrudgingly. Not sure how all the stretch goals and expansion content will shake out, but the core game looks like a solid, relaxing couples game, and the fiancee is a sucker for the Japanese theme. If the KS stuff winds up over complicating things I'm sure I'll be able to unload it on somebody.

I had talked myself out of it but I was just underwhelmed by the Eclipse KS launch so now I’m tempted to jump on this again...

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

deadwing posted:

and the fiancee is a sucker for the Japanese theme.
(Chinese)

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

:china:

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Shows how much attention I pay to themes in games

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.

Flavivirus posted:

This is now live! If you'd like a boss fight-centred story game about the fate of the world, played using dominoes with online play support, check it out.

Backed - I love when trad games bring in new physical elements (like the dominoes). (Side note: you've got a typo at the bottom of the page - "gaurantee").

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
The Jetpack Joyride game actually looks kind of... good?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Flavivirus posted:

I’ll admit that after Legacy I would probably back you to vandalize washrooms, but this also looks awesome. In! (And hoping it doesn’t cost too much to ship dominoes to Canada.)

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

90s Cringe Rock posted:

The Jetpack Joyride game actually looks kind of... good?

I'm backing because I have a soft spot for the brand, was one of the first mobile games / time-wasters I spent a lot of time with. And it does look entertaining! Really light, good family-weight game. I love the idea of non-timed real-time, akin to the build phase for Galaxy Trucker.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I don't need to spend ~180 on a special board game backpack, do I? that would be a dumb thing to purchase. yep. dumb. Right?

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

BinaryDoubts posted:

Backed - I love when trad games bring in new physical elements (like the dominoes). (Side note: you've got a typo at the bottom of the page - "gaurantee").

Thanks! And I'll fix, whoops.

Subjunctive posted:

I’ll admit that after Legacy I would probably back you to vandalize washrooms, but this also looks awesome. In! (And hoping it doesn’t cost too much to ship dominoes to Canada.)

I'm currently predicting a shipping cost of about £10 to Canada, so fingers crossed!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

NmareBfly posted:

I don't need to spend ~180 on a special board game backpack, do I? that would be a dumb thing to purchase. yep. dumb. Right?

just get a crate

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

NmareBfly posted:

but but but protection!

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Flavivirus posted:

Thanks! And I'll fix, whoops.

I'm currently predicting a shipping cost of about £10 to Canada, so fingers crossed!

Will the PDF also have a digital version of the action cards, or are those exclusive to the tiers that feature them? I'm just asking because I want the softcover book (and the action cards) but don't need the dominos that also come in that tier. If I can just print out my own action cards from the PDF, I'll swing for the softcover tier instead.

Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy
:siren: :homebrew: :siren: :homebrew: :siren: :homebrew: :siren:

The Kickstarter for CMON's Cthulhucide: Kill Cthulhu, and Death, is Now Live

Shoot ancient unfathomable cosmic horror in the face with 1920s era weaponry as the public domain works of H.P. Lovecraft are raided for hot new content. Skip the boring investigation parts of Fantasy Flight's weak-rear end Arkham and Eldritch Horror games and get right to the meat of Lovecraft's works, shooting things to kill them, as CMON takes a fresh look at an underused theme. Hopefully someone edited the Wiki page on Lovecraft monsters so we get some new elder gods in here!

Lovingly-crafted cosmic horror and cultist miniatures for only $100. Please contribute because only with your help can publicly-traded CMON Limited bring this project to fruition. Help the creators see their dream of creating Cthulu is Dead: Now Kill Death come true.

Japanese Dating Sim fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jul 10, 2018

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

Agrias120 posted:

Will the PDF also have a digital version of the action cards, or are those exclusive to the tiers that feature them? I'm just asking because I want the softcover book (and the action cards) but don't need the dominos that also come in that tier. If I can just print out my own action cards from the PDF, I'll swing for the softcover tier instead.

Yeah, the cards will be bundled in with the PDF. I'll make that clear in the FAQ.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Japanese Dating Sim posted:

Shoot ancient unfathomable cosmic horror in the face with 1920s era weaponry as the public domain works of H.P. Lovecraft are raided for hot new content. Skip the boring investigation parts of Fantasy Flight's weak-rear end Arkham and Eldritch Horror games and get right to the meat of Lovecraft's works, shooting things to kill them, as CMON takes a fresh look at an underused theme. Hopefully someone edited the Wiki page on Lovecraft monsters so we get some new elder gods in here!

Lovingly-crafted cosmic horror and cultist miniatures for only $100. Please contribute because only with your help can publicly-traded CMON Limited bring this project to fruition. Help the creators see their dream of creating Cthulu is Dead: Now Kill Death come true.

How many Lovecraftian co-op games do we need, exactly?

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Gay Retard posted:

I don't know about you, but I'm comfortable at "zero."

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Japanese Dating Sim posted:

I like the snark post, but with boring earnestness, as someone who's actually backed (often mistakenly) a good chunk of CMON's nonsense, this looks honestly terrible. It looks a lot like a weird hybrid of a warmed-over "The Others" (ditching the one vs. many but otherwise looking mechanically similar) and "Arkham Horror" (complete with roll-a-die item/encounter cards). That statuette expansion (the minis can go on the base!) is nonsense besides, although WTF do I know, I bought that dumb Cthulhu horrorclix statuette thirteen or so years ago, so Young Me would clearly have been their target audience.

It's nice to be able to look at it, much like I did at Hate, and immediately hard-pass. Now if I'd only done that for Rising Sun...

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer

NmareBfly posted:

Maybe if you regularly walk to your game store/meetup spot several times a month? I do like this design more than the Game Haul style rectangle backpacks because of all the side pockets and things.

If you're just hauling games from the trunk of your car and back, something like This will do the trick for a fraction of the price. It's better than an ikea bag since it'll keep the rain off your games.

Chubbs fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jul 10, 2018

Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy

Gay Retard posted:

Always one more.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Update:

The comments section at Cthulhu: Death May Durr is amazing right now. I hadn't even initially noticed the fact that their megature pack has been incrementally increased in early bird pledge levels of 100 backers each - each pledge level has been subsequently added at $5 higher and 1 month later delivery and it's already gone from $220 to $245 (presumably $250 is next) and backers are, imo rightfully, pissed.

Just a bizarre marketing move.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Gay Retard posted:

About as many as you need zombie games, so none but there may be one that's better than you'd expect.

I'm at two Cthulhu games these days, Arkham lcg and the hornet leader expansion where you nuke Cthulhu, and that already feels like too many.

No zombie games, though, although the dawn of the zeds ks is kind of tempting. The states of siege games I've played were good...

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Memnaelar posted:

Update:

The comments section at Cthulhu: Death May Durr is amazing right now. I hadn't even initially noticed the fact that their megature pack has been incrementally increased in early bird pledge levels of 100 backers each - each pledge level has been subsequently added at $5 higher and 1 month later delivery and it's already gone from $220 to $245 (presumably $250 is next) and backers are, imo rightfully, pissed.

Just a bizarre marketing move.

I'm amazed that many people want a giant Cthulu, uh, miniature. I think the first backer level with 250 slots sold out in under a minute.

I like a lot of the PC minis, but Cthulu monsters all look the same to me. Hastur is neat. I think rising sun was the last CMON game where the miniatures really impressed me.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
They've changed the policy and :siren: by April 2020 they will be able to supply an infinite quantity of big boys. :siren:

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

CMoN posted:

R'lyeh Rising is a wholly unique Episode, the epic finale to Death May Die, not only bringing its own set of tokens, Discovery cards, Monster cards, and Mythos cards, but also drastic changes to the game's base rules, as the figures move and act freely upon the behemoth's rocky base.
So if you want to play the complete game you have to drop more than $100 extra, and have to get that stupid giant Cthulhu :toot:

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
It's not a true lovecraftian horror experience unless one player has to sit staring into the crack of cthulhu for the whole game. Well I guess you could mount it on a lazy susan

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

how long will it take for someone to sculpt a huge dong on it

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
The fourth update has the miniature for LORD FACELESS and his face(less) is wonderful, a thing of beauty

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

90s Cringe Rock posted:

It's not a true lovecraftian horror experience unless one player has to sit staring into the crack of cthulhu for the whole game. Well I guess you could mount it on a lazy susan

Lazy Cthusan

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

homullus posted:

Lazy Cthusan
R'lazy Cthusan actually, please ensure you are using correct Mythos nomenclature.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

90s Cringe Rock posted:

R'lazy Cthusan actually, please ensure you are using correct Mythos nomenclature.

That is not dead which can eternal spin. And with strange aeons, its butt is in your face again. (quoting the Susanomicon)

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
You spin me right round iä right round like an ancient tablet inscribed upon which are terrible truths that mankind's reason can scarce endure baby right round round round

Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy

Just lol if you wouldn't pay $150 to be able to mount this atop your Kallax and face it toward the wall to look upon his cosmic, unknowable thiccness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
^^^^^ cthiccness

NmareBfly posted:

Stupid dumb, don’t do it. I use a padded printer bag/carrying case I scrounged from work.