Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
btw apparently Jameis grabbed the woman's crotch. I had kind of assumed it was the tits, but that's those long qb arms for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Play posted:

btw apparently Jameis grabbed the woman's crotch. I had kind of assumed it was the tits, but that's those long qb arms for you

The last guy caught grabbing some crotch got elected president.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

The last guy caught grabbing some crotch got elected president.

Oh God, President Jameis.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

don't worry he'd find a way to lose (the election)

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Play posted:

don't worry he'd find a way to lose (the election)

Imagine him doing that "Eat a W" bit during a townhall debate, though.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Chilichimp posted:

the country already had to eat a W, it gave us a million dead iraqis and ten trillion in debt

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Raku posted:

the country already had to eat a W, it gave us a million dead iraqis and ten trillion in debt

I feel like a pro-war hawk with a nice smile and a goofy demeanor would win the republican caucus in a land slide.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Chilichimp posted:

Jameis elected after landmark “gently caress her right in the pussy” speech at the RNC.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/rtrammell20/status/1013873724196564992

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
lol

They lost after being up 2-0 with like 20 mins left or something right?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
This offseason is taking forever.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

I'm so desperate I've started watching footy despite barely understanding it

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Silly Burrito posted:

You ain't kidding...at least you don't have superstar wr holdout drama on your boards...my goodness Falcon fans are dumb. Redundant, I know...

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

weird Asian candy posted:

You ain't kidding...at least you don't have superstar wr holdout drama on your boards...my goodness Falcon fans are dumb. Redundant, I know...

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

So many TRADE DAT DIVA NOW posts! As far as the eye can see...

Play
Apr 25, 2006

So many TRADE DAT DIVA NOW posts! As far as the eye can see...

LMAO @ the Falcons w/out Julio Jones

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Play posted:

Honestly, they don't use him as much as they should now, considering how good he is.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Play posted:

I'm certain it is most fanbases, but it gets so old. So far this offseason we should cut or trade the following per Falcons posters :

Matt Ryan for wanting more money
Julio Jones for holding out
Devonta Freeman for missing that block
Jake Matthews for holding that one time
Desmond Trufant for being overrated

It is a little concerning that the Julio ordeal seems to be drawing out. I suspect it will get done by TC, but that is pure speculation and gut feeling but yeah, Julio ain't going anywhere.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

Honestly, they don't use him as much as they should now, considering how good he is.

It's not usage really. He had 148 targets last year. Finished 2nd in yardage. He only had 88 catches last year though and the biggest concern is his lack of touchdowns. Last year was just a down year altogether and can be summarized with the #DoTheJulio dropped TD gif against the Panthers.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

It's not usage really. He had 148 targets last year. Finished 2nd in yardage. He only had 88 catches last year though and the biggest concern is his lack of touchdowns. Last year was just a down year altogether and can be summarized with the #DoTheJulio dropped TD gif against the Panthers.

My bad, then. It just seemed like he was a nonfactor in a bunch of games, but 88 catches and a low TD count would cause that impression too.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

My bad, then. It just seemed like he was a nonfactor in a bunch of games, but 88 catches and a low TD count would cause that impression too.

He is on the sidelines a bit...either due to him pulling himself out after a long route, or being dinged up, or I have seen many occasions where he tries heading out on like 3rd down and the coaches pull him back (which is absurd). But to your point, his snap count is low. 74% last year (765 snaps). For reference Michael Thomas was at 82% (851 snaps).

88 catches on 148 targets is poo poo though...man last year was a grind.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

Dude he had 1,444 receiving yards last season. And he's capable of quite a bit more, as we saw the two years before that. Losing that kind of production would totally change that offense for the worse. I would also contend that it'd be nice for him to get more touchdowns but he is naturally a more middle of the field threat and he can't be held responsible for every touchdown the Falcons didn't get in the red zone.

I don't want to watch any Falcons team that doesn't have Julio Jones on it, basically.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Play posted:

I don't want to watch any Falcons team that doesn't have Julio Jones on it, basically.

Agreed! And also the ones that do have him on it.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Play posted:

Dude he had 1,444 receiving yards last season. And he's capable of quite a bit more, as we saw the two years before that. Losing that kind of production would totally change that offense for the worse. I would also contend that it'd be nice for him to get more touchdowns but he is naturally a more middle of the field threat and he can't be held responsible for every touchdown the Falcons didn't get in the red zone.

Yeah. Speaking of gifs that represent last season...the one of Julio having to rip a TD out of the hands of a Malcom Butler INT in week 8 summarizes last year pretty well. Everything was a fight to get to, everything was off.

As for Julio, he is now Roddy level for me. I don't want to see a Falcon roster without 11 on it...

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

So what do you think was on Julio's social media from 2009 that someone found and told him that he needed to get rid of?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

waah posted:

So what do you think was on Julio's social media from 2009 that someone found and told him that he needed to get rid of?

painful reminders of what it felt like to be a champ

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

YOLOsubmarine posted:

:hfive:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Hey now don't be throwing shade on my double negative

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

He is on the sidelines a bit...either due to him pulling himself out after a long route, or being dinged up, or I have seen many occasions where he tries heading out on like 3rd down and the coaches pull him back (which is absurd). But to your point, his snap count is low. 74% last year (765 snaps). For reference Michael Thomas was at 82% (851 snaps).

88 catches on 148 targets is poo poo though...man last year was a grind.

Sark doesn't know how to game plan around keeping Julio open by making the defense fear other guys and pulling his coverage.

Julio was the only good thing going in our offense last year and it wasn't close, so... defenses just doubled him up on drat near every play.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Sark doesn't know how to game plan around keeping Julio open by making the defense fear other guys and pulling his coverage.

Julio was the only good thing going in our offense last year and it wasn't close, so... defenses just doubled him up on drat near every play.

Yeah, I'm curious to see what the offense looks like with Ridley and Julio. Throw in Sanu, Freeman and Coleman, and Sark has zero excuses to not have one of the top offenses in the league.

I'd say overall Matt was better than Julio last year...he dropped 7 balls...but it goes to show how crazy this offense can be when they can put up the stats they did while playing like dog poo poo.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Yeah, I'm curious to see what the offense looks like with Ridley and Julio. Throw in Sanu, Freeman and Coleman, and Sark has zero excuses to not have one of the top offenses in the league.

I'd say overall Matt was better than Julio last year...he dropped 7 balls...but it goes to show how crazy this offense can be when they can put up the stats they did while playing like dog poo poo.

Sark has no idea how to use Coleman and it's obvious.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I think Sarkesian is the one thing most likely to hold the Falcons back next season

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Sark has no idea how to use Coleman and it's obvious.

Sark has no idea how to use any of our weapons...our offense looked night and day from last year to the previous.

They also fed us the line that it would be a seamless transition from Shanny to Sark and I guess shame on me for believing it. How could it have been seamless?

Play posted:

I think Sarkesian is the one thing most likely to hold the Falcons back next season

Tis true. Which sucks because the defense is improving and expanding. Outside of obvious injury, I feel like this season directly hinges on this offense. Here's to hoping Knapp keeps Sark in check.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
Sark thought it was a good idea to have Jalen Hurts attempting deep bombs when all he needed to do was get a first down to win the game

drunk or not he's an idiot

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

You could sub Shanahans name there and I would also believe you.

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24058233/carolina-panthers-owner-david-tepper-contract-keep-statue-jerry-richardson

quote:

New Panthers owner David Tepper said he'll accept nothing less than an "open and safe" work environment, but he's "contractually obligated" to keep a 13-foot-high statue of former owner and team founder Jerry Richardson outside of the team's stadium.
lol

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Cmc dropped just one pass last year.

Dem hands.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

BlindSite posted:

Cmc dropped just one pass last year.

Dem hands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNukXWYm0fI