Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

chitoryu12 posted:

Who would have done it?

Dormammu I've come to bargain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Too laaaate. poo poo people throw out to mess with TERFs and conservative does not need to be logically challenged for the sake of science. Woman is largely a social/cultural term. Biologists would use different ones depending on what they were talking about.

Forseeable Fuchsia
Dec 28, 2011

Buy/Swap/Sell pages continue to be a wild ride.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Tiggum posted:

Why do you still play games with him? Like, the first time you might assume he was just having a bad day, but by the third time there's a pretty clear pattern there.
Got to. This America, man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAg7AmyG2Ys

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1016655262529261569

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

RedSnapper posted:

My fondest Battlestar Galactica memory is outing another player as a Cylon and talking the rest of the group into venting him out of the airlock. Which we did (to his protests of "I'm not a Cylon, you assholes! He is!") after which the guy turned out to have been human all along, I revealed myself as a Cylon, blew up the drive, sent a super crisis their way, and got called 'an absolute fucker' by everybody at the table after they lost. Laughs were had all around, because we're not terrible babies.

I love BSG because of stuff like this

My old gaming group had these laser tag guns that give you electric shocks when you get hit. We drunkenly came up with a house rule that if you were in the brig the admiral was allowed to shock you during his turn to make you confess to being a traitor. As admiral, I shocked my brigged best friend because I was utterly convinced he was the traitor - he'd made a whole bunch of bad calls and so many of the bad cards that kept turning up were colours that only he and one other player got - and that player was being a completely model human, doing everything perfectly. Of course, it turned out my friend was not a traitor, and the other guy was. And he went on to destroy us.

In another game that same guy and I were both cylons. The other four people had only played once or twice and so weren't quite as familiar as we were. We ended up putting all four of them in the brig, while I became President Admiral Captain of the Air Group Apollo and deliberately starved everyone to death.

Even in both of these horrible events, nobody threw any tantrums and instead had a good laugh at the silliness of it all.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Are there other genetic conditions that result in AFAB with Y chromosomes besides CAIS? Because that's pretty loving rare. I'll defer to his expertise of course, as I am only vice-president of the International Genetics Foundation

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

zoux posted:

Are there other genetic conditions that result in AFAB with Y chromosomes besides CAIS? Because that's pretty loving rare. I'll defer to his expertise of course, as I am only vice-president of the International Genetics Foundation

That thread links to this: https://academic.oup.com/jcem/article-abstract/93/1/182/2598461?redirectedFrom=fulltext

An XY lady who developed as a normal woman and gave birth to two children. Wow.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

zoux posted:

A quick Wiki dive gave me XY gonadal dysgenesis, a.k.a. Swyer syndrome, in which the gender-determining part of the Y chromosome is damaged or missing entirely so an XY person develops as female.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Facebook Aunt posted:

normal woman

Ruh roh

Mikl posted:

A quick Wiki dive gave me XY gonadal dysgenesis, a.k.a. Swyer syndrome, in which the gender-determining part of the Y chromosome is damaged or missing entirely so an XY person develops as female.

I've decided: gonad is a funny word.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Say it in a low class English accent.

It's even funnier.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

This is fuckin beautiful

This however is not:

The real question is, Black Widow: circumcised girl dick??

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

zoux posted:

Ruh roh

The abstract referred to her as a "normal woman". :shrug: Sometimes women have Y chromosomes, but calling her a "biological female" would potentially conflict with the expectation that women have no Y chromosomes. Maybe "person with a functional female reproductive system"?

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010

zoux posted:

Ruh roh

He expresses positive admiration over this person and you police his vocabulary, ffs

AndreTheGiantBoned has a new favorite as of 16:02 on Jul 10, 2018

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Facebook Aunt posted:

The abstract referred to her as a "normal woman". :shrug: Sometimes women have Y chromosomes, but calling her a "biological female" would potentially conflict with the expectation that women have no Y chromosomes. Maybe "person with a functional female reproductive system"?

I'm just loving with you, nothing is trickier than definitions in gender theory

zoux has a new favorite as of 16:05 on Jul 10, 2018

RedSnapper
Nov 22, 2016

Quote-Unquote posted:

My old gaming group had these laser tag guns that give you electric shocks when you get hit. We drunkenly came up with a house rule that if you were in the brig the admiral was allowed to shock you during his turn to make you confess to being a traitor. As admiral, I shocked my brigged best friend because I was utterly convinced he was the traitor - he'd made a whole bunch of bad calls and so many of the bad cards that kept turning up were colours that only he and one other player got - and that player was being a completely model human, doing everything perfectly. Of course, it turned out my friend was not a traitor, and the other guy was. And he went on to destroy us.

In another game that same guy and I were both cylons. The other four people had only played once or twice and so weren't quite as familiar as we were. We ended up putting all four of them in the brig, while I became President Admiral Captain of the Air Group Apollo and deliberately starved everyone to death.

Even in both of these horrible events, nobody threw any tantrums and instead had a good laugh at the silliness of it all.

The mindgames and backstabbing got so endemic in my group that one game had my friend outright declare that he's a Cylon on turn 1. We should've believed him.
Another time, in Game of Thrones, I was caught unawares by another player actually HONORING our alliance. After the game, he explained that it was a ploy to confuse me. Good times.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Hear me🗣, and rejoice🎉. You🙂 are about to die☠️ at the hand✋️ of the children👨‍👧‍👦 of Thanos🍆👌. Be 🙌thankful🙌, that your meaningless lives👻 are now contributed🔝 to the balance.💯☯️💯

Soon⏰, you👊 will have the great🔑 privilege💦🙈 of being saved🙏🙌 by the great titan👾😻. Some of you may think🤔 this is suffering😭😭... no!😲🤔 It is salvation👼. The universal scales⚖️... tip toward🔜 balance💎 because of your impending sacrifice😎🔫. Smile😄... for even in death💀, you will have become children👨‍👦‍👦 of Thanos!😈🍆☔️

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

like 15 years ago i was playing Queen's Gambit with a friend of mine, it's an Avalon Hill with 3 game boards and hundreds of pieces that takes half an hour to set up. he wasted qui-gonn and obi-wan on the second turn with extremely lucky rolls and then got super pissed when i didn't want to sit there and roll dice in a losing effort for an hour and said 'okay dude you win that one, let's play again'. some people are literally happy to just grind it out if they know they already won and think you are ruining their fun if you don't want to play any more

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

lemonadesweetheart posted:

Dormammu is circumsized?

I gotta be honest, this is what stuck out to me too.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Push El Burrito posted:

Dormammu I've come to bargain.

Strange did that trick with the sling ring where he does a portal chop.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

zoux posted:

I've decided: gonad is a funny word.
It comes with a lot of strife, if I recall.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Quote-Unquote posted:

Again, it goes back to conflicts over games are usually just an outlet for problems that crop up elsewhere. It's unlikely that someone so involved in either winning/feeling fairly treated that they're indifferent to or enjoy ruining the game for other people is just going to limit that behavior to board games.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

there wolf posted:

Again, it goes back to conflicts over games are usually just an outlet for problems that crop up elsewhere. It's unlikely that someone so involved in either winning/feeling fairly treated that they're indifferent to or enjoy ruining the game for other people is just going to limit that behavior to board games.

Maybe. Some people are just babies, though. I ran a Descent campaign for a while and there was this one dude that would always have a hissyfit and sulk when dice rolls went badly or if I targeted his character.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1016695490438619136

Spare a thought, won't you, for the suffering b-words out there

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

zoux posted:

Is he even an engineer? Do honorable doctorates count?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Musk's also the guy scared shitless of AI taking over right?

The robot uprising can't come soon enough.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

zoux posted:

Jesus Christ, he actually believes he’s a real engineer (which explains how that “sub” monstrosity came to be). He has some vague idea on what he wants and then has the real people responsible for any success that Tesla or SpaceX has do the work. And then takes the credit.

He’s a low-rent Steve Jobs at best. Half the charisma and none of the vision.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

mng posted:

He has Bachelors in physics and economics and dropped out of a materials science doctorate program after 2 days.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Proteus Jones posted:

He’s a low-rent Steve Jobs at best. Half the charisma and none of the vision.

For fucks sake lets not start attaching "visionary" to jobs again

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

codo27 posted:

For fucks sake lets not start attaching "visionary" to jobs again

we never stopped, which is why guys like musk think they can do anything and everything

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
It's pretty easy to have a good time while losing at a board game if you're playing with friends. I am terrible at Game of Thrones because I'm poo poo at breaking alliances, but I still end up putting Cersei on the throne with no troops to back up her claim, or throwing away all my Greyjoy lives trying to take Winterfel and handing victory to the Starks, once they easily oust Theon.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

mng posted:

They do if you have one or like the person who has one

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Probably too late but I posted a troll thing on accident, sorry all

zoux has a new favorite as of 20:44 on Jul 10, 2018

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

zoux posted:

WE COME FROM FRANCE

omg, a cone head

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

hawowanlawow posted:

omg, a cone head

First thing I saw too, that can't be real. Can it?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
I think it was determined that they were all trans people

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Scratch Monkey posted:

Alright guys I guess we can't make fun of them anymore!!!

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Scratch Monkey posted:

p sure that has nothing to do with developing a loving conehead what the actual gently caress

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

zoux posted:

WE COME FROM FRANCE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

Alright guys I guess we can't make fun of them anymore!!!

i mean if you want to mock random transpeople you do you, just seems like a bad look