Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Grondoth posted:

what'd they rule on that the court isn't allowed to

voting rights act is out of the purview of the court per the 14th amendment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Pack it! Stack it! Bop it! Each widget on the toy bears the likeness of a conservative lawyer. Trump paws at them like a giant toddler

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Thoguh posted:

5-4 is just as good as 1,000-4

but it's not tho

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Zoran posted:

voting rights act is out of the purview of the court per the 14th amendment

did no one loving bring this up

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
https://twitter.com/Alex__Katz/status/1016518316934873090

Neoliberal Corporate Democrat. Tweets about : 🇺🇸, 🏛, 🌎, 🏀, 📰, 📚, etc. (((#Globalist)))

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Barry Convex posted:

https://twitter.com/Alex__Katz/status/1016518316934873090

Neoliberal Corporate Democrat. Tweets about : 🇺🇸, 🏛, 🌎, 🏀, 📰, 📚, etc. (((#Globalist)))

Parody surely?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

You should know better than to say poo poo like this in the post-escalator world.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/CynthiaNixon/status/1015287106032340999

nixon still good.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Concerned Citizen posted:

that's what happened with gorsuch, and the end result was that they lol'ed and did it anyway so whatever. the dude is gonna get confirmed

Yes and making them do it repeatedly is how being an opposition party works. You make them grind, repeatedly, for years, requiring more effort than normal just to do the most basic poo poo until they say gently caress it and give you a seat at the table or the makeup of the legislature changes

Since that requires effort and acknowledging that yes your going to make life difficult for people who do not mean you well it's unsurprising that you and the rest of the lanyards need this spelled out

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Agean90 posted:

Yes and making them do it repeatedly is how being an opposition party works. You make them grind, repeatedly, for years, requiring more effort than normal just to do the most basic poo poo until they say gently caress it and give you a seat at the table or the makeup of the legislature changes

Since that requires effort and acknowledging that yes your going to make life difficult for people who do not mean you well it's unsurprising that you and the rest of the lanyards need this spelled out

imagine if the republicans after 2008 had just rolled over and said welp, they've got a majority and could theoretically do whatever they want, better not try

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Cursed comments section

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Agean90 posted:

when your resume is built from kissing one rear end to another, the prospect of having to work in an entirely different industry like a pleb is incredibly frightening. i get it.

steinrokkan posted:

Cursed comments section

"twitter still terrible/never read the comments" was thought to be understood

Martin Random
Jul 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Does Cynthia Nixon have a chance?

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Martin Random posted:

as much of a chance as AoC had

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Zoran posted:

imagine if the republicans after 2008 had just rolled over and said welp, they've got a majority and could theoretically do whatever they want, better not try

Remember when the gop managed to sabotage obamacare dispite the Dems having a supermajority just because they found the one guy that would break with the caucus? Better not resist, after all it's not like that poo poo happened a year ago, humiliating Mitch by finding a congressman who was willing to blow up their whole year long effort to get the aca

But hey. There's no way that could happen again amiright?

Agean90 has issued a correction as of 18:58 on Jul 10, 2018

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Martin Random posted:

eh. Technically yes, but realistically the state of New York is big, and she doesn't have the ground game required to really overcome the incumbent advantage. Plus while she is doing her best to get on the primary ballot etc, she hasn't given a good indication that she has what it takes. I'll vote for her given the opportunity, but she has to make that opportunity.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

steinrokkan posted:

Cursed comments section

the chuds got really mad at ICE being called a terrorist organization

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
:hai::hai::hai::hai::hai::hai:

https://twitter.com/Ocasio2018/status/1016704302147096576

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

START THE CLOCK

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

gently caress yes

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

*top hat and monocle flies off my billionaire pig-face as someone dares to know how economics work*

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
wow, stealing a segment from bill maher

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spring Break My Heart posted:

wow, so what five seconds of his program did he devote to that idea between segments of giving handjobs to alt-righters?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Spring Break My Heart posted:

It's called expropriating.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
i choose to believe she got it from listening to Cum Town

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Nice try but you won't be the chosen one unless you go onto Chapo

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
The US population has doubled since the early 20th century. Increase SCOTUS to 21 judges and do away with oral argument.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

okay, is it:

“ocasio bro”

“brocasio”

“ocasi-bro”

???

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

okay, is it:

“ocasio bro”

“brocasio”

“ocasi-bro”

???

all of them at once

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

okay, is it:

“ocasio bro”

“brocasio”

“ocasi-bro”

???

you're putting way more thought into this than these assholes will commit.

edit: they're still going to say bernie bro, because centrists are unimaginative

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Wrong, it is: Cis White Male Sexist Misogynostic Bernie Bros and their facist racism!!!

Because she's just with the bros to get a lad :nallears:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
ocasio parker

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

okay, is it:

“ocasio bro”

“brocasio”

“ocasi-bro”

???

ocasis

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Alexa play on a casio

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

you're putting way more thought into this than these assholes will commit.

edit: they're still going to say bernie bro, because centrists are unimaginative

It's this

Bernie is much easier for them to be mad about than AOC (because he's a WHITE MAN who OPPOSED MOTHER and he TRASHES DEMS :argh:) so there's no reason for them to use any other label

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/1016755064159993856

also, dasharez0ne still awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
The republicans already managed to make people think a conservative majority on the court is "good governance" enough that the newspaper of note creams itself at the thought of Ivy-educated originalists.

Also wasn't the Clinton impeachment mostly a mix of the GOP wanting to flex its legislative muscle and a lot of the party old guard seeing it as revenge for Nixon, considering the situation in congress was more or less a reversal of the 60s

• Locked thread