Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Sure, whatever. You’ll pray for me but then get railed by Ghost Chad. loving Spectral Stacys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Brother Entropy posted:

didn't 'troon' (trans goon) start here? how'd it make its way to 4chan

It doesn't even make sense, troon is trans + goon, using it for pubbies is pointless.

Also terfs have been around since, at least, the 70s with Janice Raymond. If you want to see hatred for trans women condensed into physical matter, pick up "the transsexual empire," whose subtitle contains a slur.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

If this doesn't prove that abortion is cool and good I don't know what will. It saved this poor girl.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Feed yourself you lazy gently caress

Kyron
Aug 6, 2013

They aren't considering the aborted chads who would have beaten them up and taken their aborted girlfriends tho

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

No one would dare abort a Chad.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Bath Tubs posted:

They aren't considering the aborted chads who would have beaten them up and taken their aborted girlfriends tho

Lol, this is actually a good point. Maybe it’s a numbers game. “I will gently caress literally any woman who will have me, but only like 5% of dudes are Chads, so...”

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

T-man posted:

It doesn't even make sense, troon is trans + goon, using it for pubbies is pointless.

Also terfs have been around since, at least, the 70s with Janice Raymond. If you want to see hatred for trans women condensed into physical matter, pick up "the transsexual empire," whose subtitle contains a slur.

Goon is a general insult to people who don't know about SA

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
She's not the idiot, the guy in the images is:

https://twitter.com/Gaohmee/status/1016851564395294720

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
That’s a safe assumption about anyone who loving writes war and peace for a DM.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Besesoth posted:

She's not the idiot, the guy in the images is:

https://twitter.com/Gaohmee/status/1016851564395294720

It's a weird as gently caress situation because on one hand you have a lot of those weirdos going nuts, and on the other hand you have people telling companies they shouldn't be allowed to fire an employee no matter how poo poo they act now, because those weirdos are stupid assholes. And none of these people are apparently allowed to just divorce their corporate identity from their personal one anymore because we live in the hell timeline.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

🍆😆😩😲😲😲😲😲😲😲💦💦💦💦💦💦💦🤕🤒

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Nuebot posted:

It's a weird as gently caress situation because on one hand you have a lot of those weirdos going nuts, and on the other hand you have people telling companies they shouldn't be allowed to fire an employee no matter how poo poo they act now, because those weirdos are stupid assholes. And none of these people are apparently allowed to just divorce their corporate identity from their personal one anymore because we live in the hell timeline.

You can still divorce your corporate identity from your personal one by making a private social media account just for friends and family. When your Twitter bio says who you're a developer for and you're talking to a guy who's worked with your company about game development in a public forum, throwing a fit and dropping F-bombs in a public Twitter conversation is kinda like throwing a fit and dropping F-bombs at a trade show.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

chitoryu12 posted:

You can still divorce your corporate identity from your personal one by making a private social media account just for friends and family. When your Twitter bio says who you're a developer for and you're talking to a guy who's worked with your company about game development in a public forum, throwing a fit and dropping F-bombs in a public Twitter conversation is kinda like throwing a fit and dropping F-bombs at a trade show.

nah

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

chitoryu12 posted:

This is wrong.

Just because they work for a studio doesn't mean they have to do PR 24/7 on their own personal twitter for assholes who just want to get women fired for having opinions.

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

The farmer's mistake was believing he had any control over his life.

Is this dude from china or india or some place with a crazy gender ratio due to sex selective abortions?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

MoreLikeTen posted:

Is this dude from china or india or some place with a crazy gender ratio due to sex selective abortions?

Nope, USA most likely, though inceldom is spreading to parts of Europe and Russia.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

drat. No flat Earthers, no conehead, just a pic of speedrunners, boo

That's still some pretty funny male pattern baldness on that woman lmao

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

MoreLikeTen posted:

Nah, this is like an anime waifu only with the bonus of getting to hate women.

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

That's still some pretty funny male pattern baldness on that woman lmao

post a selfie, champ

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ularg posted:

This is wrong.

Just because they work for a studio doesn't mean they have to do PR 24/7 on their own personal twitter for assholes who just want to get women fired for having opinions.

Once you've made your Twitter advertise your work and started using it to talk about work (including with a guy who's done stuff with your game company; the guy she went off on wasn't a random nobody), your personal Twitter has started becoming a professional one.

Speaking as a company manager, I would loving hate it if one of my employees advertised her employment on social media and used it to get into public fights with people about our industry.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Maybe twitter is bad and no one should use it

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

chitoryu12 posted:

Speaking as a company manager, I would loving hate it if one of my employees advertised her employment on social media and used it to get into public fights with people about our industry.

You'd probably not want your employees assuming other experienced people in your industry are complete novices either, since to someone who knows how experienced the person being belittled is it makes the person doing the belittling look completely clueless. Who would employ someone so clueless? That would reflect bad on company. Doing nothing when someone makes you look bad for belittling others, and then just outright firing the person being belittled is kind of not great, especially when it makes your company look like an appealing target to the gamergaters.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Biplane posted:

Twitter is bad and no one should use it

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Zil posted:

Nope, USA most likely, though inceldom is spreading to parts of Europe and Russia.

Isn't there actually a greater number of women worldwide? If anything, the incels are even more pathetic than an even 49.50/49.50/1 would be.

(the one is miscellaneous, intersex, transgender, transsexual)

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

"Bernard, float over here so I can punch you."

Maybe, just maybe, being a gigantic rear end in a top hat on the internet should be behind an anonymous undoxxable profile like God intended.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/BobNirkind/status/1016799350293434368

:jerkbag:

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

T-man posted:

Isn't there actually a greater number of women worldwide? If anything, the incels are even more pathetic than an even 49.50/49.50/1 would be.

There used to be, but last I heard things like China's One Child policy made there be more men.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Byzantine posted:

There used to be, but last I heard things like China's One Child policy made there be more men.

There are more men than women but that's in large part due to India and China (the two most populous countries in the world by a mile) having totally borked ratios of men and throwing everything off.

Most countries do have more women, and that's mainly cuz women generally live longer.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Magna Kaser posted:

There are more men than women but that's in large part due to India and China (the two most populous countries in the world by a mile) having totally borked ratios of men and throwing everything off.

Most countries do have more women, and that's mainly cuz women generally live longer.

There we go Incels, just gently caress eachother's grandmothers. All your totally real, life destroying incel oppression gone just by loving Mabel-Lee who's well past seventy-three.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/TheDreamGhoul/status/1016802652452204548?s=19

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

https://twitter.com/ashtonbirdie/status/1016006242085433344

parody of self etc.

Edit:

Mak0rz has a new favorite as of 06:43 on Jul 11, 2018

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Idiots on Social Media: Small World is peak globalism

Woo lord that's a hot take. The "owning the libs" line is not too far off from reality sometimes.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

chitoryu12 posted:

Who would have done it?

Late but, a Dormmamohel?

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
People were talking earlier about how people define themselves based on the media they consume. Is there anywhere to talk more about that? It is always interesting to hear how people define themselves and if people do that with all media or is it just more prevalent/ obviously dumb as gently caress with gamers?

Thanks!

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Josef bugman posted:

People were talking earlier about how people define themselves based on the media they consume. Is there anywhere to talk more about that? It is always interesting to hear how people define themselves and if people do that with all media or is it just more prevalent/ obviously dumb as gently caress with gamers?

Thanks!

I don't think it's even limited to media. People see their clothes, their car, the size of their house, the restaurants they eat at, and everything else they buy as some sort of personality-defining trait. It's just this sort of weird, slightly creepy backdrop to a culture driven by consumption. It's actually a little more defensible now that the internet has enabled the long tail of distribution to proliferate a bit (i.e., increased marketing of low-volume culture to niche markets), but still it would be nice if we evaluated people more by what they produce and less by what they consume.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

https://www.facebook.com/UncleSamsChildren No context needed

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

:3: SCALE ITCH :3:

I am cursed to see reposts from that group regularly from a family member who loooves that poo poo.
I hate facebook.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Len posted:

I mean after 4+ years of dealing with me I don't blame her.

The best most paranoid time we ever had in a coop game was playing Battlestar Galactica. Everybody swore they weren't a robot and there was no trust for the 3ish hours the game went on.

Then we found out I was just drunk and failed at making that deck and there were no cylons in game.

We did that with Secret Hitler except the guy doing the deck made two Hitlers.

Nothing is made better with extra Hitlers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Biplane posted:

Maybe the internet is bad and no one should use it