Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Xealot posted:

Ugh. This is loving Beans Kid all over again.

omg early 2000s memes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

:drat:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

ruddiger posted:

Mom & Dad (1945) vs. Mom & Dad (2017)

Vs.

Man, Mom and Dad Save the World is a legit great movie with outstanding set design/costuming/practical effects while also being a weird homage to the Kuchar Brothers.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

I had to look it up, and it's Louisiana, if anyone's curious.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

caligulamprey posted:

Vs.

Man, Mom and Dad Save the World is a legit great movie with outstanding set design/costuming/practical effects while also being a weird homage to the Kuchar Brothers.

Seconding this. Jon Lovitz is never not great, and the light grenade bit is like a masterclass in comedic setup and payoff for such a simple joke.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

caligulamprey posted:

Vs.

I absolutely loved this movie as a kid, and HBO played it like 5 times a day. I watched it every single time it was on. It drove my mom up the wall.

I highly doubt it holds up.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Nihonniboku posted:

I absolutely loved this movie as a kid, and HBO played it like 5 times a day. I watched it every single time it was on. It drove my mom up the wall.

It really does hold up.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

Nihonniboku posted:

It totally holds up, and it's currently on HBO Now.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Haha good lord. I actually managed to see that in the theater with a friend. We were the only people there and didn't even pay because he worked for Famous Players.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

caligulamprey posted:

Vs.

Man I wish we lived in the alternate dimension where Jeffrey Jones wasn't a loving pedo creep.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

ruddiger posted:

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

ruddiger posted:

The 2017 one is good, but it can't compete with this:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

When I was young, I thought the creature from Night Beast was the same one from Big Trouble In Little China

Also, the creature on this VHS cover looks awfully familiar...

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Joseph Cotton (Screamers) is low-key depressing

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

For a moment I thought that was the Coca-Cola logo at the bottom

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Im glad she found a good life after getting decapitated.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Samuel Clemens posted:

I assume between the first and second of these someone locks the doors to the cinema

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Angepain posted:

I assume between the first and second of these someone locks the doors to the cinema

Loudly.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Samuel Clemens posted:

Are you sure a goon did not go back in time and made this?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

The MSJ posted:

Are you sure a goon did not go back in time and made this?

"Behold the spine-tingling, stomach churning terror of ...Blue Waffle!"

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Looking through some old newspaper archives. It's fun to watch the local drive-in go from family friendly stuff (a day of Elvis films, James Bond) to smutty. I looked up a few of the titles and here are the more interesting posters.

Nurse Sherri

Without A Stitch

Chrome and Hot Leather

Tender Flesh

The Girl From Starship Venus

And a double bill of Capital [sic] Hill Secretaries and Congressional Playgirls. Can't find a poster of the former or a good one of the latter, which was also apparently known as Penthouse Playgirls. Note: These played at about the same time one of the city's theaters was airing All the President's Men.

I think the biggest surprise, though, was seeing an ad in the classy downtown theater for Peter Walker's The House of Whipcord.

RC and Moon Pie fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jul 11, 2018

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

ruddiger posted:

When I was young, I thought the creature from Night Beast was the same one from Big Trouble In Little China

I always forget about the monster in BTiLC. I forgot it again entirely until your post. It's one reason why I love rewatching that movie.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

I thought the confusing half-rear end "minimalist" trend was over

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Was Bob Barker busy or something?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Prob dying.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Also, Barker is a creep.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
He's also had sexual harassment & racial discrimination lawsuits against him in the past & I doubt they want that kinda press

E: ya...guy above me said it quicker...unbelievable

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I feel like Pat Sajak must have skeletons in his closet.

(He already has one tapping the letters, thank you I'll be here all week try the veal)

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

morestuff posted:

I thought the confusing half-rear end "minimalist" trend was over

It really is super lazy. They're not even trying for anything clever with it, it's just two unrelated images stacked on top of each other.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think they were trying to go for the effect of one image filling the negative space of another, but they forgot the "filling" part.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

RC and Moon Pie posted:

The Girl From Starship Venus

I hope I live to see the year 2069.

Intercontinental Releasing Corp. probably didn't make it past the 80s. If you check the address at the bottom of the poster, their offices have been turned into a Chase Bank.

More oldies but goodies.

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jul 11, 2018

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

YOU DON'T GET TO 500 MILLION BELIEVERS WITHOUT UNLEASHING A FEW PLAGUES

Erotic Wakes
May 19, 2018

by Lowtax

feedmyleg posted:

It really is super lazy. They're not even trying for anything clever with it, it's just two unrelated images stacked on top of each other.

If you've read the modern comics it's kind of effective because that poster using the bob haircut + headband shows that it's probably going draw influence from them and be a 60s period piece.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

ruddiger posted:

Nurse: Happy 2069, Mr. Ruddiger.
Ruddiger: N... nice... *beeeeeeeeeep*

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Sir Lemming posted:

I feel like Pat Sajak must have skeletons in his closet.

(He already has one tapping the letters, thank you I'll be here all week try the veal)

He's a big time Republican and he's pro-life so not a good start. Seems to be a thing with 80's game show hosts, Chuck Woolery's a real piece of poo poo (his twitter reads like a a less verbose Mein Kampf), Bob Eubanks has this

quote:

He appeared in Michael Moore's 1989 documentary Roger & Me. The film documented Moore's attempts to track General Motors CEO Roger Smith to confront him about the company's impact on Flint, Michigan and Moore's claim that it was responsible for massive downsizing.[29] Eubanks, a native of Flint, was interviewed about his views on the downsizing, and was filmed reciting an off-color joke about AIDS.[30]

MOORE: [In regards to The Newlywed Game containing racy/sexual content] Bob was right. He didn't say "breasts" and I considered apologizing for implying that his show wasn't wholesome family entertainment.
[cut to:] EUBANKS: You know why Jewish women don't get AIDS? Because they marry assholes, they don't screw them. Pardon me.

According to Moore in the film's DVD commentary, Eubanks attempted to denounce the film with the Anti-Defamation League for containing anti-Semitic content, despite the fact that he himself contributed the sole moment of anti-Semitic content present in the film.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Jul 11, 2018

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

ruddiger posted:

I hope that either that joke ends by then, or that I die in 2068.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Erotic Wakes posted:

If you've read the modern comics it's kind of effective because that poster using the bob haircut + headband shows that it's probably going draw influence from them and be a 60s period piece.

That's a hard decision

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

I'm sure she can accept Satan's blessing some other day. Guy's been around for millions of years, he's probably pretty patient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Chrome and Hot Leather

Man that chick has some guns