Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Lol 4% on military. Does trump think?

Found the problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

facialimpediment posted:

Hey Paul. Paulie.

Paul.

Paul.

You're in jail.

THEY LITERALLY RECORD EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOUR CALLS YOU DUMB IDIOT HOW loving STUPID ARE YOU

https://twitter.com/johnson_carrie/status/1017091415204159491?s=19

So like, how does one end up in a special treatment jail? Seems like in court you get sent to booking, and on to some facility, but who decides who goes where?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Lol 4% on military. Does trump think every country has a hundred bases setup around the world and we all need stealth fighters?

This especially rich because doesn’t the US spend like 3%?

Of course Trump and MAGA chuds are pining for the days when colonial powers spent 40% of their GDP on the military and military alliances were formed by fragile agreements and no sir this is not a recipe for another great power conflict.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

That Works posted:

So like, how does one end up in a special treatment jail? Seems like in court you get sent to booking, and on to some facility, but who decides who goes where?

:10bux: and the risk of someone killing you versus the value of your case/testimony.

The closest thing we've gotten to "rich famous guy in GenPop" is Bernie Madoff.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Tom Hanks wouldn't accept that role imo

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

The Rock would

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
The US loves to brag about defense spending in NATO without mentioning that those same US spending numbers frequently include PACOM, Southcom, SOCOM, pensions, health care costs, etc.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Solaris 2.0 posted:

This especially rich because doesn’t the US spend like 3%?

Of course Trump and MAGA chuds are pining for the days when colonial powers spent 40% of their GDP on the military and military alliances were formed by fragile agreements and no sir this is not a recipe for another great power conflict.

Roughly 3.5%.

But considering the hilarious state of the militaries of our allies alongside Russian imperialism, absolutely NATO member states should absolutely be bumping up their defense spending. Whether that number is 3% or 4% or actually 2% doesn't matter overmuch to me, but spending more money on the military these days is hardly an inappropriate budget item

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

orange juche posted:

Tom Hanks wouldn't accept that role imo
To be honest he's been kind of a whore lately. He was in Captain Phillips portraying a guy in a heroic light that anyone who knows anything knew was bullshit. Then he did Sully which overly dramatized the thing to look like it was a huge controversy when it never was.

I wouldn't put much past Clint's recent oatmeal brains though.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
It doesn’t help that the 2% goal, not mandate, was largely picked because it’s easy to measure, not because it’s good.

So the most efficient country ever could be mocked for 1.8% while the nation of bloat, fraud, and wasted spending can be proud of its 2% commitment.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

Aren't we still due for a film on the Chilean miners?

dear lord that was almost a decade ago

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

facialimpediment posted:

Hey Paul. Paulie.

Paul.

Paul.

You're in jail.

THEY LITERALLY RECORD EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOUR CALLS YOU DUMB IDIOT HOW loving STUPID ARE YOU

https://twitter.com/johnson_carrie/status/1017091415204159491?s=19

https://twitter.com/MarshallCohen/status/1017095756354899970

How does someone so loving stupid ever get that much power

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Casimir Radon posted:

To be honest he's been kind of a whore lately. He was in Captain Phillips portraying a guy in a heroic light that anyone who knows anything knew was bullshit. Then he did Sully which overly dramatized the thing to look like it was a huge controversy when it never was.

I wouldn't put much past Clint's recent oatmeal brains though.

lol don’t forget the da Vinci code sequel or whatever it was, that was at practically the same time

The heroism angle of Captain Phillips was pretty lol

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Bolow posted:

Inherited wealth.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
There was a movie about the Chilean miners in 2015, it got buried under other releases though

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

lol don’t forget the da Vinci code sequel or whatever it was, that was at practically the same time

He already won best actor twice. He needs to quit loving around with this faux-prestige poo poo.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

Casimir Radon posted:

He already won best actor twice. He needs to quit loving around with this faux-prestige poo poo.

The man's gotta pay for his typewriter collection somehow

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I had to turn it off halfway through. Funny thing, the rest of the people on the ship only got $5k for the rights. That dickhead got paid and now gets well paid speaking engagements.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Bolow posted:

https://twitter.com/MarshallCohen/status/1017095756354899970

No no no.. this is the best part of stupid Watergate

https://twitter.com/maddow/status/1017100508211838977

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

maffew buildings posted:

There was a movie about the Chilean miners in 2015, it got buried under other releases though

Yeah, a not particularly close relative of mine was on the producing side of that, it ran into trouble getting distributed since by the time they wrapped filming the story was already old news. And by the time they worked out those issues on the business end the story was even older news and no one wanted to commit resources promoting it so they just cut losses and put it out.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Wasabi the J posted:

No no no.. this is the best part of stupid Watergate

https://twitter.com/maddow/status/1017100508211838977

:stare: This is so god damned stupid, I wonder what else he emailed.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Is that a crime? Please let him get charged with another crime for this. Hopefully we’ll be up to a cumulative total of 80 years before he’s eligible for parole.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Just lol if he tried to tamper with more witnesses from his super secret trumpcampaignmanager@gmail.com account

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

M_Gargantua posted:

Is that a crime? Please let him get charged with another crime for this. Hopefully we’ll be up to a cumulative total of 80 years before he’s eligible for parole.

Probably is yes. Specifically he's only supposed to be communicating with his lawyers, who no doubt do not need email to contact him, but he was also effectively 'smuggling' but doing this, intentionally or not.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

maffew buildings posted:

Holy poo poo.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

CommieGIR posted:

Probably is yes. Specifically he's only supposed to be communicating with his lawyers, who no doubt do not need email to contact him, but he was also effectively 'smuggling' but doing this, intentionally or not.

I'm sure they have a law or regulation concerning illegal forms and methods of communication.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Maybe Manafort's strategy is to commit so many crimes that it overwhelms the system and he never gets put on trial.

Like some sort of legal overflow glitch.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Fister Roboto posted:

Maybe Manafort's strategy is to commit so many crimes that it overwhelms the system and he never gets put on trial.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

The Iron Rose posted:

Roughly 3.5%.

But considering the hilarious state of the militaries of our allies alongside Russian imperialism, absolutely NATO member states should absolutely be bumping up their defense spending. Whether that number is 3% or 4% or actually 2% doesn't matter overmuch to me, but spending more money on the military these days is hardly an inappropriate budget item

I can't identify you by your av anymore but this might be the one of the first things I actually kinda agree with you on. States can't be trusted to help, absolutely. Not with who we have in charge

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

Ah yes, the "you can't chapter me if I'm constantly being brought up on new UCMJ charges" strategy

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Cue Donnie whining about how unfair it is that Mueller keeps catching stupid Paulie committing crimes.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Fister Roboto posted:

how you going to do the watergate tool assisted speedrun without the glitch huh

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

bob dobbs is dead posted:

how you going to do the watergate tool assisted speedrun without the glitch huh

So is manafort the glitch? Or is trump?

Who is agent smith?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

boop the snoot posted:

So is manafort the glitch? Or is trump?

Who is agent smith?

smith is stephen miller

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

Rapidly devaluing the primary investment of the American middle-class (their home) would be an amazing thing for Russia.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

:lol:

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1017123787886690304

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

Lake of Methane posted:

Rapidly devaluing the primary investment of the American middle-class (their home) would be an amazing thing for Russia.

What prompted this? Just thinking, or was there a mention?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I choose to interpret this as Real News.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

England out of WC

• Locked thread