Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Anidav posted:

Rent out one of your jobs

ah yes, the job market job market

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

JBP posted:

Lee Lin is being held in the SBS basement while a white man writes jokes. Pizzagate was real. Mobilise the antifa.

I know you're intentionally not picking up on my point here because you're a disingenuous piece of poo poo, but god drat you are a disingenuous piece of poo poo

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Hmmm I'm sick today but I can rent my job out to yang for the day and not lose vital productivity - An App developer somewhere on the verge of accidently coming up with a new app idea.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

bell jar posted:

I know you're intentionally not picking up on my point here because you're a disingenuous piece of poo poo, but god drat you are a disingenuous piece of poo poo

I get the point. A white man writes racy jokes about an Asian TV personality with her consent and you don't like it.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Large African gang heading to channel 7 Docklands tomorrow afternoon if anyone has been looking for a large African gang to join.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Large African gang

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Anyone got a contact number for African Gang 12?

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

JBP posted:

I get the point. A white man writes racy jokes about an Asian TV personality with her consent and you don't like it.

Guess there's nothing creepy or off about it, nothing to look into here, yass kween

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

man i gotta stop replying to jbp it fuckin makes my brain smaller every time

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Being upset about literally everything is broke brain.txt

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

G-Spot Run posted:

Large African gang

I hate that I get this post.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Intoluene posted:

I hate that I get this post.

i only got it because of this post. thanks i hate it

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

bell jar posted:

i only got it because of this post. thanks i hate it

Is it that one meme of five guys and one chick on the couch that the meme thread loves?

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

tithin posted:

Is it that one meme of five guys and one chick on the couch that the meme thread loves?

Correct.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I also hate it but I am compelled to go for the throat when the opportunity is presented.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
If you aren't watching Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee you are missing a great insight into the close relationship between humour and sociopathy.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

bell jar posted:

Guess there's nothing creepy or off about it, nothing to look into here, yass kween

How do you know that Lee Lin Chin doesn’t have ultimate approval of what gets tweeted under her account?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

thanks! I hate it.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Careful Arisen, gangs hunt in packs!

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

God I am getting old that I don't recognise most memes these days.

BACK IN MY DAY WE ONLY HAD "ALL YOUR BASE" AND WE WERE HAPPY ABOUT IT

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Anidav posted:

Careful Arisen, gangs hunt in packs!

Liberal Minister: "How do we make the gang members black without making them... black"

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer
I hate to interrupt Linchat, but Treasury Secretary John Fraser has resigned after doing nothing useful, and will be replaced by Scott Morrison's former chief of staff, Philip Gaetjens.

Resident Idiot fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Jul 12, 2018

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

BBJoey posted:

How do you know that Lee Lin Chin doesn’t have ultimate approval of what gets tweeted under her account?

I don't - do you? Should that preclude us from talking about it? Is it still exploitation if the person being exploited consents?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

bell jar posted:

Is it still exploitation if the person being exploited consents?

rofl

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

If a worker agrees to be paid below the minimum wage, are they being exploited?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

bell jar posted:

If a worker agrees to be paid below the minimum wage, are they being exploited?

You draw some amazingly long bows, my friend.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

JBP posted:

You draw some amazingly long bows, my friend.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

JBP: exploitation isnt happening if i don't think its happening, i refuse to consider if it is happening because i don't think its happening

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

bell jar posted:

JBP: exploitation isnt happening if i don't think its happening, i refuse to consider if it is happening because i don't think its happening

You went from being upset at the content of the jokes to Lee Lin Chin being exploited by SBS comedy.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
https://twitter.com/stilgherrian/status/1016956446204784640
im here, to fight for the virtue of lee lin chin's tweeter

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

JBP posted:

You went from being upset at the content of the jokes to Lee Lin Chin being exploited by SBS comedy.

You don't think that the content of the jokes counts as exploiting her character?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
dear god what is happening in this thread
https://i.imgur.com/aHOUlDi.gifv

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Tearing up as I suddenly realise the extent and severity of exploitation experienced by the famous, multi-millionaire celebrity. I must protect her, even if she doesn’t want me to

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

i'm basically like the thunderbirds except for online

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

BBJoey posted:

Tearing up as I suddenly realise the extent and severity of exploitation experienced by the famous, multi-millionaire celebrity. I must protect her, even if she doesn’t want me to

hahaha okay cool so i am feeling uncomfortable about the exploitation of a notoriously private person because i want to gently caress her, also its cool to exploit people if they're rich and famous. got it

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Resident Idiot posted:

I hate to interrupt Linchat at, but Treasury Secretary John Fraser has resigned after doing nothing useful, and will be replaced by Scott Morrison's former chief of staff, Philip Gaetjens.

Interesting that this happened after the pushback Morrison received when he tried to pass off numbers he'd made up himself as coming from the PBO

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

I haven't felt this betrayed by a twitter brand since I discovered Bert and Ernie don't write their own tweets

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Party Plane Jones posted:

dear god what is happening in this thread
https://i.imgur.com/aHOUlDi.gifv

It's always this bad.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-12/greyhound-grave-uncovered-on-sydney-property/9986408 posted:

The RSPCA has uncovered a grave containing the remains of nine greyhounds in Sydney's west.

The organisation said the grave was discovered on the property of a licensed greyhound trainer.

Twelve other greyhounds were removed from the property suffering emaciation, with parasites, pressure sores and severe dental disease.

The remains were discovered after a tipoff to inspectors on July 3.

Thank goodness the government flipped on the unfair racing ban on these hardworking entrepreneurs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Dog cruelty is the worst.

• Locked thread