Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

The original writer being so pissy about the game’s success is why there’s gonna be an epic netflix witcher series in which he gets to be a consultant.

Please, please, please don’t suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I’ve disliked every Netflix original anything I’ve ever seen so I have no real hopes for that.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

People seemed to like the castlevania Netflix show

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

It really comes down to casting. They’re not even at that point yet, but I believe the writing team have been at it for a couple months now I think.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I’ve disliked every Netflix original anything I’ve ever seen so I have no real hopes for that.

same

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I’ve enjoyed a handful of netflix originals. I’m not pessimistic about it being a netflix show as much as I’m pessimistic no one is going to be able to pull off Geralt after having 3 games with the same voice actor really making that role his own.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Did you watch uh. American Vandal? it's pretty well done

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
http://nichegamer.com/2018/07/11/cd-projekt-ceo-there-will-be-another-witcher-game/

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

https://twitter.com/lumpythecook/status/1017120438206582784?s=21

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I hope it’s not a game about Geralt, Ciri, Yen etc since their story seems to have wrapped up very well in 3 afaik- but there’s a lot of regions in the world that haven’t been explored (Kovir, Poviss, Zerrikania, Mahakam, Dol Blathanna, most of Nilfgaard, the entire other planet that the elves came from, etc). I used to think a Witcher game where you could make your own person would be neat, but after actually playing these and seeing how good the characters are and how important they are to the overall story, maybe a new set of thought out characters would be better.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

if geralt is in it and anyone but game geralt voices him i will not watch it. netflix you have been warned,

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

my childhood was irreparably damaged when goku suddenly had a different voice

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The Castlevania netflix toon was surprisingly good. Their original stuff is very hit or miss so it could go either way. Hope it's good

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Update: Got roped into like an hour long quest that resulted in me murking my first wild hunt boss and finding a magic lamp. Wearing clown pants now. Level 6. Good progress but that mission sucked the llamas rear end. I wish there would be a warning before starting long rear end quests like that.

I just did this and yea, I can easily believe this is the lowest point of the game. Felt like a Skyrim dungeon.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I just did this and yea, I can easily believe this is the lowest point of the game. Felt like a Skyrim dungeon.

The good news is I'm like 30 hours after that point and nothing has ever come close to being that bad since

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The good news is I'm like 30 hours after that point and nothing has ever come close to being that bad since

I didn't even hate it that much, it was uninspired but the optional puzzles at the end were cool and it's the only glimpse of the Wild Hunt you get for a while

edit: but yeah it does really feel like a segment that belongs in a different game

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Yeah it wasn't even strictly bad, just bleh... Everything's looking up from here, which pwns

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Bombs are really fun to use against a group of enemies. Goomba stomp for sure

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

tao of lmao posted:

The original writer being so pissy about the game’s success is why there’s gonna be an epic netflix witcher series in which he gets to be a consultant.

Please, please, please don’t suck.

Who cares. Not gonna watch that poo poo even if its good

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

spb posted:

Who cares. Not gonna watch that poo poo even if its good

This.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Skelligans make everyone on the mainland look like retarded assholes

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

>TFW you will never be a druid living in Skellige

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

>TFW you will never be a druid living in Skellige

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Update: Cerys is the ultimate wife.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The Castlevania netflix toon was surprisingly good. Their original stuff is very hit or miss so it could go either way. Hope it's good

Yeah. I think it was just licensed and translated by them though. Like they slap the Netflix original title on a bunch of Japanese romantic comedies for some reason

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Larry Parrish posted:

Yeah. I think it was just licensed and translated by them though. Like they slap the Netflix original title on a bunch of Japanese romantic comedies for some reason

It was actually funded by Netflix and produced by American animation studios although Japanese artists worked on it too.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Update: Cerys is the ultimate wife.

Her quest is amazing too, funniest moment in the game

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

The Bloody Baron’s questline was really good.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

It's crazy how far reaching it becomes and how it keeps you interested the whole time, godly quest line.

I tried looking for bear school gear and a lvl30 ice golem whooped my rear end in 1 hit, so I guess I'll look later lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

It's really good and I think it's the moment for most people where they know they're gonna dig the game. I really like how there are two totally different questlines that lead into it (find out what's up with the freaks in the woods/find out what happened when Ciri stayed with the baron) and while they both play out a little differently they converge at the same point & it's plenty dramatic no matter which one you've been following

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It was actually funded by Netflix and produced by American animation studios although Japanese artists worked on it too.

That's cool.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

https://twitter.com/lumpythecook/status/1017736808778616835?s=21

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Just beat a bunch of neckbeard atheists to death. Perfect game so far

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I had to change my privacy settings because I kept getting like 10 new psn "followers" a day. When I checked a few of their profiles they weren't bots, had ps+, and all of them have Witcher 3. This has been happening basically since I started playing. Weird as hell.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

A witcher-universe game not about geralt should probably have Lambert as the main character, right?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

tao of lmao posted:

A witcher-universe game not about geralt should probably have Lambert as the main character, right?

In a wierd twist of fate, the guy who made the paper rpg cyberpunk is based on has a good thing going with cd projekt and they game him the license to make a witcher rpg and just finished it, maybe it'd be based on that.

Character creator in the same world, set not in the north like we've been doing this whole time.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

tao of lmao posted:

I hope not

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

tao of lmao posted:

Ive no interest in that doofus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lambert is like Evil Cole at a renn faire

• Locked thread