Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

He was a fairly interesting foil to Wolverine in that series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

cant cook creole bream posted:

Not as far as I know. But the idea that she, America, Gwen and probably Clint don't dunk on him any chance they get seems inconceivable to me. A-force and Hawkeye Had so much of that.

Looking forward to him trying to sneak a look into Gwen’s mind and discovering not only does she know everything about him but also everything about him he had absolutely no idea of (his entire existence resulting from the fictional scribblings of an insane bald Scotsman).

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Doc Hawkins posted:

Wait...did they bring Quentin back after New X-Men?

Boy, that must have sucked.

It was actually really good. Jason Aaron made him one of the main characters in Wolverine and the X-Men, and his crappy attitude was real entertaining. He also made an appearance in Aaron's Thor.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Wait is WCA seriously Clint, Gwenpool, Quire, and America Chavez? That's...interesting.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

this set of panels is very big mood for 2018

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Wait is WCA seriously Clint, Gwenpool, Quire, and America Chavez? That's...interesting.

clint and kate

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

site posted:

clint and kate

And Kate's boyfriend who is apparently a budget Absorbing Man?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
oh yeah i already forgot that guy exists

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/mymonsterischic/status/1017156381068099585

I still can't believe the one on the left is the cover of a Marvel comic book about their most popular character at the time.

from Greg Rucka's tumblr

Greg Rucka posted:

Also please note the placement of the beer bottle.

I once was at a show where I asked Esad about this cover.

Esad is a big, cheerful, man with a wicked sense of humor.

He just looked at me.

And then he smiled.

And the smile got bigger.

And bigger.

And he said, “And nobody at Marvel noticed!”

And then he couldn’t stop laughing.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
We need more Esad Ribics and less Greg Lands, please. I say this as a guy who feels there isn't enough gay presence in comics. Not all characters have to have some semblance of the queer spectrum in them, but queer folk read comics, too, it's just leaving money on the table. And I also say this as a guy who has never been with a dude, and doesn't really feel attracted to them. I just think excluding sexuality like it doesn't exist is bad storytelling.

Also if you follow that ladies tweet thread you'll see former UFC fighter Nate Quarry 100% agree with her logic. Good to see combat sports isn't populated exclusively by homophobic meatheads.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jul 12, 2018

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I remember someone posting here about Logan and Herc being a couple but I googled and it seems that was only in an AU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Samuringa posted:

I remember someone posting here about Logan and Herc being a couple but I googled and it seems that was only in an AU

Herc is bisexual in the main 616 continuity unless that's been retconned.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Skwirl posted:

Herc is bisexual in the main 616 continuity unless that's been retconned.

Out of curiosity do you know offhand where that's established? I thought so too but when I went looking for in-comic evidence awhile back I was surprised that I couldn't find it-- I think it comes up in some one-off when he was briefly dead but I couldn't track that down.

Edit: Nevermind, I found it! In Hercules: Fall of an Avenger it's *strongly* suggested that he's had a fling with Northstar and, depending on how you want to read the panel, Namor. Axel Alonso later said in an interview that 616 was canonically straight but my interpretation is that Axel Alonso is full of poo poo.

How Wonderful! fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jul 12, 2018

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Archyduke posted:

Out of curiosity do you know offhand where that's established? I thought so too but when I went looking for in-comic evidence awhile back I was surprised that I couldn't find it-- I think it comes up in some one-off when he was briefly dead but I couldn't track that down.

I don't. I remember the panels, it was established when he died (and also in the you know, actual greek myths upon whom the character was based). I think it was a memorial service or something and Northstar looks all side-eyed when there's a mention of "those who loved him" or something.

e;fb by the person I'm failing to answer the question for.

And Namor has definitely hosed dudes, or fish things that would be described as male

Unmature
May 9, 2008
With most superheroes it's like, how can you have all that power for that long and *not* broaden your sexual horizons. Like billionaires. They're already all tired of stuff you can't even talk about on TV.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Unmature posted:

With most superheroes it's like, how can you have all that power for that long and *not* broaden your sexual horizons. Like billionaires. They're already all tired of stuff you can't even talk about on TV.

And then someone explores this idea and we end up with The Boys.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Kalli posted:

And then someone explores this idea and we end up with The Boys.

Maybe have the someone exploring it not be Garth Ennis.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't really see how a tasteful, subdued comic about extreme superhuman sexual escapades would even work.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i don't really see how a tasteful, subdued comic about extreme superhuman sexual escapades would even work.

We're not asking for tasteful, but at least the writer should not be someone who thinks butt sex is the funniest thing ever invented.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

There's a lot of justifiable complaints about how Alan Moore uses sex (and specifically sexual violence) in his comics, but Night Owl only being able to get it up when he was in costume was a decent gag in The Watchmen.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

there's always Sex Crim-

Lurdiak posted:

We're not asking for tasteful, but at least the writer should not be someone who thinks butt sex is the funniest thing ever invented.

oh.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Samuringa posted:

there's always Sex Crim-

oh.

There's poo poo that's way funnier than butt sex in Sex Criminals
https://www.orlandoweekly.com/orlando/sex-criminals-volume-1-one-weird-trick/Content?oid=2242063

linked because :nws:

Here's a work safe funny sequence.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Just lol

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Oglaf could probs do it.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Skwirl posted:

There's a lot of justifiable complaints about how Alan Moore uses sex (and specifically sexual violence) in his comics, but Night Owl only being able to get it up when he was in costume was a decent gag in The Watchmen.

It's not intended to be a gag.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Open Marriage Night posted:

It's not intended to be a gag.

Not sure what your point is, it doesn't make it less funny.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Rest assured that Moore thought it was very funny.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Mulva posted:

It's canonical in the Flash universe that the biggest villain in the Flash universe is, in fact, the Flash.

Flash has always been stupid as hell. Half the time he gets in trouble it's because he forgets he can vibrate through solid objects or some other power of his.

bony tony posted:

No, please continue to dunk on Vandal Savage.

Final Crisis #1

I loving love Vandal Savage because his origin is "caveman took a nap on a space rock". It's so stupid it's amazing. :allears:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Skwirl posted:

There's poo poo that's way funnier than butt sex in Sex Criminals
https://www.orlandoweekly.com/orlando/sex-criminals-volume-1-one-weird-trick/Content?oid=2242063

linked because :nws:

Here's a work safe funny sequence.

FYI if you’re wondering if the got the lyrics fixed for the trade

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I'm sure it's an easier sell and everything, but I feel like Scott Pilgrim losses something in color.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Skwirl posted:

I'm sure it's an easier sell and everything, but I feel like Scott Pilgrim losses something in color.

Well, it lost that joke.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

yeah it was a real howler in b&w

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Proteus Jones posted:

Well, it lost that joke.

I mean, that only makes it about as funny as the rest of Scott Pilgrim.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Listen, I didn't say it was a *funny* joke

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I hope we as a society can move past Scott Pilgrim soon.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Lurdiak posted:

I hope we as a society can move past Scott Pilgrim soon.
Never forget.

Never forgive.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I can't keep up, why does everyone hate Scott Pilgrim?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
it was memetastic before memes were a societal epidemic

if you don't really care about memefactory productions then you will feel a similar apathy regarding scott pilgrim

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

purple death ray posted:

It is poorly written and overhyped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

purple death ray posted:

As pop culture, it currently exists in the pre-nostalgia backlash era. In roughly 6-8 years, we’ll collectively love it again.