Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Gejnor posted:

Also i made this today:

Which is a screenshot i took:

Using this: https://www269.lunapic.com/editor/?action=dark

That is straight up amazing, did the Dark filter do all that or did you need to touch it up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
Just the filter!

Edit: here have a blast from the past!

Gejnor fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jul 13, 2018

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Gejnor posted:

Just the filter!

This is art.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
lol the only way to survive the endless waves of greenskins as dwarves is strong MD line protecting a shitton of quarrelers. by turn 30 the greenskins have biguns and blorcs that beat the pants off dwarriors and longbeards. MD doesnt mean poo poo to a fanatic on a big spinny ball & chain.

'blob' is the wrong word, but fanatics cut through lines like butter.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Ammanas posted:

lol the only way to survive the endless waves of greenskins as dwarves is strong MD line protecting a shitton of quarrelers. by turn 30 the greenskins have biguns and blorcs that beat the pants off dwarriors and longbeards. MD doesnt mean poo poo to a fanatic on a big spinny ball & chain.

'blob' is the wrong word, but fanatics cut through lines like butter.

I mean, they are t4 units, even if their stats and cost don't really bear that out. By the time you're facing them, surely you've got something else on the field that isn't warriors and quarrelers? Also, yeah, spread your poo poo out a bit or you'll just eat some hefty non-gobbo vortexes too. The dwarven magic resistance isn't that good. Or artillery.

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

Lord Koth posted:

part of a reinforcing army... the "they come in directly behind you" reinforcement garbage, that is.

My advice would be not to stay at the edge of the map....

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Ravenfood posted:

I mean, they are t4 units, even if their stats and cost don't really bear that out. By the time you're facing them, surely you've got something else on the field that isn't warriors and quarrelers? Also, yeah, spread your poo poo out a bit or you'll just eat some hefty non-gobbo vortexes too. The dwarven magic resistance isn't that good. Or artillery.

ok to be clear the original point was 'in the AIs hands, fanatics are now op'. they used to be poo poo. now theyre a bit too strong. one contact probably shouldnt half a units health.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Ammanas posted:

ok to be clear the original point was 'in the AIs hands, fanatics are now op'. they used to be poo poo. now theyre a bit too strong. one contact probably shouldnt half a units health.

Maybe, but that contact is basically all you're getting out of that unit. Hell I'm not actually sure that a full health fanatic unit can beat a unit of warriors even with a perfect release. Especially in single-player where a bigger factor than cost-effectiveness is slot-effectiveness pretty quickly, I think your t1 units are coming out ahead. Also, I like when factions have ways to leverage cheaper units to beat ones better than them.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

I don't really find fanatics to be worth the slot. They definitely do not seem overpowered. They have an incredibly unreliable and somewhat micro-heavy gimmick attached to an utter trash unit. And like regular night goblins, they have a lot of their value tied up in applying poison, but the only time you'd use goblins is with Skarsnik or a goblin lord who give every unit poison anyways.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Whats the best way to set up for Skaven

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Skaven don't really need special setup because their artillery is either arc fire(plagueclaws) or mounted on really tall platforms(warp lightning) and their missile units are either skirmishers(runners) or fire in arcs(globadiers), so you're mostly fine with a basic frontline setup with some backline cover.

Fancy formations are important for Empire/Dwarfs because so much of their firepower is bound up in flat-trajectory gunpowder weapons, which other missile heavy factions don't have to deal with. This might change when/if Skaven pick up Jezzails and Ratling Guns.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Vargs posted:

I don't really find fanatics to be worth the slot. They definitely do not seem overpowered. They have an incredibly unreliable and somewhat micro-heavy gimmick attached to an utter trash unit. And like regular night goblins, they have a lot of their value tied up in applying poison, but the only time you'd use goblins is with Skarsnik or a goblin lord who give every unit poison anyways.

in the hands of the AI

it has none of your flaws with micro

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
just use outriders chevron formation are for nerds and campaign rp'ers

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
You don't gotta use them and I'm often way too lazy to do so, but they're really really powerful.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

Ammanas posted:

in the hands of the AI

it has none of your flaws with micro

I feel like you're that dwarf player on ladder that sets up in a box formation against a cliff wall with dwarf warriors/rangers and 6 organ guns.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
First test run of the random faction start mod.

Turn 1 everyone gets destroyed and moved.

bobz0r
Jul 8, 2008

I have faith in us, if we don't self-destruct

Gejnor posted:

Just the filter!

owns, post more of em

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

bobz0r posted:

owns, post more of em

you can always make your own, its pretty much just upload and see if it looks cool. most of the not-Dark filters are kind of a waste, tho.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Twigand Berries fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Jul 13, 2018

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
This is one of my favorite screenshots from that lotr mod for m2tw.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Art

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Where are you acquiring these sorcerous filters?

EDIT: Well, well...looks like I should have listened to my grandpappy and learned to read after all.

Devorum fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Jul 13, 2018

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Gejnor posted:

Also i made this today:

Which is a screenshot i took:

Using this: https://www269.lunapic.com/editor/?action=dark

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

:allears:

I'm even proud of my old days Malekith watching over a field of bodies one.

TwatHammer fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jul 13, 2018

Jum-Jum
Oct 23, 2013

11/10
This filter rocks!

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

This should be in the OP

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Team Overhead Smash, get ye to discord so I can @ you to plan our tournament match

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene
We already played the first match in the tournament between Dipster and JJ2. I commented the matches as they were played alongside special guest commentators AiurOG and Gejnor, even though having 5 players in the game resulted in some lag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Isbs0FMXjMM

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That filter is amazing

This is what happens when you see a Skaven offensive while high on warpstone

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Time to get in on this gimmick.

This one rules

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Mans posted:

That filter is amazing

This is what happens when you see a Skaven offensive while high on warpstone

This is what happens when you try and launch a Skaven offensive while high on warpstone.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

team overhead smash posted:

This is what happens when you try and launch a Skaven offensive while high on warpstone.

Pictured: Michael's Birthday Bash

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

team overhead smash posted:

This is absolutely part of the Great Plan

Also I filter'd the last panel of that reddit meme that was posted which is av material

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:
Quick someone put hypnotoad eyes on that last one

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Sick

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Am I doing this right?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Am I doing this right?

Now we're talkin!!!!!!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
cool

uber_stoat fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jul 14, 2018

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Do any of the High Elf starts (mortal empires or vortex, don't mind which) have me fighting a broad selection of the other races? Or at least don't have me fighting exclusively other High/Dark Elves? I really enjoyed Tomb Kings but by the end was kind of sick of just fighting mirror matches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm

Pierson posted:

Do any of the High Elf starts (mortal empires or vortex, don't mind which) have me fighting a broad selection of the other races? Or at least don't have me fighting exclusively other High/Dark Elves? I really enjoyed Tomb Kings but by the end was kind of sick of just fighting mirror matches.

No, though Alith Anar after taking out Morathi can choose to turn on Mazdamundi and head into lustria where you'll get skaven and lizardmen. There's also that random start mod that's been getting really popular. In general though you'll have to fight off Dark elves/High elves for a while, then after say uniting Ulthuan you can choose to head to the old world and subjugate the lesser races.