Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Hellblazer187 posted:

Meltdown girl: Only allowable meltdown. 6 month long family pranks are holy poo poo. But lets get to a larger problem - why the gently caress do people feel the need to ask reddit what they are allowed to react to? Do I have to break up with her? Am I allowed to consider the context? gently caress man, consider whatever you want. Marry the girl, or gently caress her sister, do whatever dude. It's your life. I get it when people ask "how do I communicate this thing better" or something actually actionable but why do so many people feel they need internet permission to feel how they want to feel?

because the constant availability of absolutely all opinions has destroyed our trust in our own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Hellblazer187 posted:

Meltdown girl: Only allowable meltdown. 6 month long family pranks are holy poo poo. But lets get to a larger problem - why the gently caress do people feel the need to ask reddit what they are allowed to react to? Do I have to break up with her? Am I allowed to consider the context? gently caress man, consider whatever you want. Marry the girl, or gently caress her sister, do whatever dude. It's your life. I get it when people ask "how do I communicate this thing better" or something actually actionable but why do so many people feel they need internet permission to feel how they want to feel?

The best example was probably "my friend set me up on a blind date with this girl who is kind of crazy and yelled at strangers for sitting in the wrong table and made me extremely uncomfortable all night; should I ask for a second date or what"

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
That first retarded member of Mensa post makes me want to see the Mensa Olympics

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

CheesyDog posted:

That first retarded member of Mensa post makes me want to see the Mensa Olympics

We already have the special Olympics.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Sever from anyone that reacts like that to disappointment, full stop.

Also that was dirty but hilarious own.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

tactlessbastard posted:

Sever from anyone that reacts like that to disappointment, full stop.

Also that was dirty but hilarious own.

Happy Garden giving me fried rice when I asked for steamed rice is disappointing. This was something else.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

TheScott2K posted:

Happy Garden giving me fried rice when I asked for steamed rice is disappointing. This was something else.

A bigger disappointment.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

tactlessbastard posted:

A bigger disappointment.

Turn on your monitor.

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

It’s not just disappointment, she made financial decisions based on her lovely parents’ prank.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Eezee posted:

I'm 99% sure that the r/mensa subreddit is just trolling, but jesus christ these posts:

Girlfriend constantly contradicts me (IQ 162), becoming flustrated.

Choice comment thread:

WTF is a MGTOW club?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Eezee posted:

I'm 99% sure that the r/mensa subreddit is just trolling, but jesus christ these posts:

Choice comment thread:

Aaaaaaaa

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

Not /r/elationships exactly, but still pretty funny.

[Discussion] My bandmates don't like the way that I hold ny instrument and they keep pressing the issue, it has become bothersome...

Lance_Bombardier posted:

I'm a 23 year old classically trained guitarist, I play lead guitar in a jazz/rock fusion band for the last 9 months and as such I'm mostly playing an electric guitar these days, which I like. The bandleaders said when they hired me that they liked the classical influence on my playing and my clean tone (hollow bodied guitar, flatwound strings, no effects, solid state amp etc.) and thought that it would add something unique to the band. However, since we started playing a lot of live shows in the last 3 months, they've contradicted that.

They keep complaining about how I hold my guitar, saying that it looks ridiculous and doesn't match the band. I prefer to sit when I play and hold the instrument in classical high position: the bottom of the guitar resting on my right knee at a 45 degree angle, with the first fret at eye level or a little higher etc. because that's how I learned, and when I'm doing solos and improvising high on the fretboard that's the only way that I really feel comfortable. If I'm just playing chords or simpler stuff I can play standing but not with the guitar really low "rockstar style", but at around my navel so that I can keep it at that 45 degree angle with the first fret at eye level.

Earlier we had a band meeting and this issue was really harped on, I find it quite ridiculous really and it was quite embarrassing for me, let alone frustrating, since I asked if they had a problem with my actual playing and they said no, and that they really liked my solos from last weekend's show. For me it's about the music, and my point of view that's what matters — how would you handle this? I'm getting a bit sick of it.

I'm just picturing this specimen on stage with a surprisingly patient hair metal band.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

"No, this is how I play. If it's that big of a problem, we'll have to part ways. If it's not, please shut up about it. Thanks for being adults!"

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

[Discussion] My bandmates don't like the way that I hold ny instrument and they keep pressing the issue, it has become bothersome...

I'm just picturing this specimen on stage with a surprisingly patient hair metal band.

"dude we've been playing 'classical gas' for 7 hours"

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

I mean, if you want a classical guitar in your band, you can't then complain that the guy is playing classical guitar.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

To be fair, it does look absolutely ridiculous.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

I fully endorse the outrage and would help prank victim girl sever from her garbage family

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

MightyJoe36 posted:

WTF is a MGTOW club?

I don't know, but the acronym stands for "men going their own way," basically irl roamin dad

E: usually plus sex tourism

Doc Hawkins fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jul 13, 2018

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Xombie posted:

Is that a loving foot stand

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Xombie posted:

It's not loving chamber music Ted, these people came here to get rocked!!

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Cool ways to blow up your band #785

strong opinions re: how other members hold their instruments, the visual element is critical here guys

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Cool ways to blow up your band #785

strong opinions re: how other members hold their instruments, the visual element is critical here guys

They should all just wear matching clothing like Sabaton.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
You can't play classical guitar holding it like a loving fender. Unless maybe you're Rodrigo o Gabrielela

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe

Eezee posted:

Choice comment thread:

I know it has to be fake, but the medical problem is that he can't get it up, right?

I daresay my good fellows that I was yet again perilously close to striking my young paramour in the face when she mocked the deficient engorgement of my masculine appendage.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

hevnz 2 murgatroyd posted:

I know it has to be fake, but the medical problem is that he can't get it up, right?

I'm thinking morgellons.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

hevnz 2 murgatroyd posted:

I daresay my good fellows that I was yet again perilously close to striking my young paramour in the face when she mocked the deficient engorgement of my masculine appendage.

Yes, and this is the main reason I think it's fake

Remember when that story was posted about how a lady in an open relationship was mad because her husband and boyfriend were fighting over a Switch she bought the boyfriend with the husband's money, and it turned out to have been written by an incel? The way you could tell was that it included the sentence "Tyrone is in much better physical shape than my husband"

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe
Yes, at least refrain from using the names Chad, Stacy or Tyrone in your incel fanfic.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Googled that guitar guy and the first result was a word substitution so I guess they're making fun of the guy.

quote:

I'm a 23 year old self trained guitarist, I play rhythm guitar in a rock/jazz fusion band for the last 9 months and as such I'm mostly playing an electric guitar these days, which I like. The bandleaders said when they hired me that they liked the blues influence on my playing and my dirty tone (solid bodied guitar, round round strings, lots of effects, tube amp etc.) and thought that it would add something generic to the band. However, since we started playing a lot of live shows in the last 3 months, they've contradicted that.

They keep complaining about how I hold my guitar, saying that it looks ridiculous and doesn't match the band. I prefer to stand and run around when I play and hold the instrument in relaxed low position: the bottom of the guitar resting on my right knee at a 45 degree angle, with the first fret at belly button level or a little higher etc. because that's how I learned, and when I'm doing solos and improvising high on the fretboard that's the only way that I really feel comfortable. If I'm just playing chords or simpler stuff I can play sitting but not with the guitar really high "jazz style", but at lower than my nipples so that I can keep it at that 45 degree angle with the first fret at eye level.

Earlier we had a band meeting and this issue was really harped on, I find it quite ridiculous really and it was quite embarrassing for me, let alone frustrating, since I asked if they had a problem with my actual playing and they said no, and that they really liked my solos from last weekend's show. For me it's about the music, and my point of view that's what matters — how would you handle this? I'm getting a bit sick of it.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Hellblazer187 posted:

It's such a loving stupid thing to have a meltdown over. In that situation, you work out a way to get even.

Dipshits who meltdown at the slightest thing tend to be the most boring, anodyne assholes who'll back down immediately when challenged. She just sounds like a typical star of an episode of 'My Super Sweet Sixteen.'

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

lmao if you're not used to being constantly lied to by your parents and slash their tires preemptively.

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Theophany posted:

It's such a loving stupid thing to have a meltdown over. In that situation, you work out a way to get even.

Dipshits who meltdown at the slightest thing tend to be the most boring, anodyne assholes who'll back down immediately when challenged. She just sounds like a typical star of an episode of 'My Super Sweet Sixteen.'

Your parents setting up a 6 month long con, dunking on you super hard, then calling you dumber than dirt for believing them isn’t “the slightest thing”. At the very least the girl deserves a pass on the meltdown. Her parents sound lovely as hell

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

MightyJoe36 posted:

WTF is a MGTOW club?

I think it's for playing Magic the Gathering online. The cool kids call it MODO, though.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
loving lmao at Americans who think because their great great gram whatever got drunk and hosed a dockworker in the 1920s makes them Irish.

There is literally nothing in Ireland other than, inexplicably, local stout that costs more than it does when its exported.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Theophany posted:

loving lmao at Americans who think because their great great gram whatever got drunk and hosed a dockworker in the 1920s makes them Irish.

There is literally nothing in Ireland other than, inexplicably, local stout that costs more than it does when its exported.

uhh the Irish are a Big Tent nationality and generally live in the Boston area - y'all islanders got outvoted

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Boston/NYC Irish ethnicity is real but Boston/NYC Irish culture is pretty toxic

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Sort of besides the point in the story though.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Please dont include Chicago Irish as a subset because the word Chi-rish when said aloud summons a drunk white person

HazCat
May 4, 2009

I would stay with tantrum girl if and only if she talked seriously about severing from her garbage parents.

Either they're lovely enough that the tantrum made sense (in which case she needs to :sever:), or they aren't bad enough for her to consider severing from (in which case either the tantrum was an overreaction or she secretly loves the family drama).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

lmao if you're not used to being constantly lied to by your parents and slash their tires preemptively.

Slashing tires is amateur hour level man. Take a small stone and put it in their valve stem cap, and let the air leak out over days/weeks. They’ll air their tires up, and screw the same valve stem over right back on, over and over again.