Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Sounds like that thing is in need of an Italian Tuneup :italy: :getin:

Dave's previous attempt at an Italian tuneup resulted as such:

Unrelated; found a guy selling a gen VI 454 with what he claims is 90k on it currently sitting (in, and in theory, running) in a 2500 Suburban for $450 if he pulls it. Thinking that might be a good first step to having a functioning long block + I guess a bunch of spare accessories for the '77.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Tremek posted:

Unrelated; found a guy selling a gen VI 454 with what he claims is 90k on it currently sitting (in, and in theory, running) in a 2500 Suburban for $450 if he pulls it. Thinking that might be a good first step to having a functioning long block + I guess a bunch of spare accessories for the '77.

We agreed you would stop posting that specific picture and I would stop pooping on the porch remember

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Well did you?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

This cease fire is as of right now over. Specifially all over. Its all over the porch. Like, on everything.

Couldnt find the feeler gauges, so in the words of a wise and brilliant man, [loving] "Suck It, Trebek."

Something living inside the crossmember spun a rather chaotic, and unusually strong and crackly web under the 4runner last night.

Peace was never an option.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Tremek posted:

It worked!

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Well hey there #3, nice of you to finally join the party

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
Well if I was struggling to sleep before, I’m hosed after seeing that

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Somebody keep 616 Dave's head as is but make the neck/torso spin around flashing like it's waiting for me to make up my mind and decide what sound the pig makes it's "TURN AROUND, HANDS BEHIND YOUR HEAD, NOW loving SLOWLY WALK BACKWARDS TOWARD THE SOUND OF MY VOICE" if you're white enough, which is also often followed by the deluxe package two magazine warning dump into your back if you arent white enough

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

INCHI DICKARI posted:

Well hey there #3, nice of you to finally join the party

Was this done chemically, or with your usual lack of mechanical sympathy?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Judging by the soda can feeler gauge and the Missing valve cover he adjusted the rockers to oem specs.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
I posted that from my phone. Now that I'm on desktop and can actually make out the pics...yeah. :downs:

Sorry, carry on.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Unusually strong and crackly web means black widow. It is your duty to eat the black widow to protect the kids.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

tater_salad posted:

Judging by the soda can feeler gauge and the Missing valve cover he adjusted the rockers to oem specs.

Let the record show that even though I spent my morning shredding soda cans there is still zero direct, concrete, irrefutible evidence that I am the cause of everything being sticky all the time

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

docbar
Nov 9, 2009

Are you in timeout?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I've been told I'm a little cranky

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Literally anything equipped with a PTO is like ten thousand times more fun drunk

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Works for both power take off and paid time off.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
New Cyriak video manages to read my loving mind

https://youtu.be/NQD-N6gkCzQ

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
:crossarms:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
So we have new web within an hour of parking it and tremek is doubling down on the idea that he can poison a black widow successfully

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

INCHI DICKARI posted:

So we have new web within an hour of parking it and tremek is doubling down on the idea that he can poison a black widow successfully

When I saw a black widow under the Datsun, I just hosed the fucker down with the poo poo I spray along the outside of door frames and such to keep cockroaches out. I was thinking of you when I did it. It died, I found its corpse.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I killed a widow on a mower with carb cleaner.

I inadvertently hosed it down the first time and when it fell i blasted it a few more times (which may have blown off limbs)

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jul 13, 2018

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

I killed a widow on a mower with carb cleaner.

I inadvertently hosed it down the first time and when it fell i blasted it a few more times (which may have blown off limbs)

Carb cleaner is my weapon of choice when yellow jackets/etc. venture near the garage

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Brake cleaner is instant wasp death, I love it.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I always say this but I'll say it again: there's no need to use (expensive) automotive solvents like carb cleaner. If you can see and directly spray a bug or spider, you can kill it very quickly with soapy water. Just add a squirt of soap to a spray bottle full of water and then hose down the bugs.

The soap acts as a surfactant allowing the water to coat the exoskeleton, blocking the spiracles through which the bug breathes. It suffocates very rapidly.

Bug killers are useful for killing the bug when you can't directly see the bug, by putting a poison where the bug will eventually get it. Otherwise just soap the little fuckers.

or don't, because black widows are basically harmless unless you get one on your skin and then try to harm it, you big babies

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Leperflesh posted:

I always say this but I'll say it again: there's no need to use (expensive) automotive solvents like carb cleaner. If you can see and directly spray a bug or spider, you can kill it very quickly with soapy water. Just add a squirt of soap to a spray bottle full of water and then hose down the bugs.

The soap acts as a surfactant allowing the water to coat the exoskeleton, blocking the spiracles through which the bug breathes. It suffocates very rapidly.

Bug killers are useful for killing the bug when you can't directly see the bug, by putting a poison where the bug will eventually get it. Otherwise just soap the little fuckers.

or don't, because black widows are basically harmless unless you get one on your skin and then try to harm it, you big babies

Interesting facts to know but I believe I speak for all of us when I say: "gently caress that poo poo. Destroy them fuckers in the most glorious way possible".

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Purge the Xenos. Purge the Unclean. Desecrate its corpse. Decimate its peoples, tear their lands asunder and poison the very earth it once called home that nothing may ever return and take its place.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
True story I looked at a black widow under a jewellers loupe once and in tiny little letters on its back the carapace is marked "Hugo Boss"

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

Well most of us don’t have a spray bottle of soapy water ready but I have carb and brake cleaner within running distance lol

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soap is gross

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

INCHI DICKARI posted:

Soap is gross

Sounds like something StickyMan would say

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

everdave posted:

Well most of us don’t have a spray bottle of soapy water ready but I have carb and brake cleaner within running distance lol

Well what do you use as lube when you're using the drill press to bore through steel...?

Or for treating your houseplants for mites???

people are so weird

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Leperflesh posted:

Well what do you use as lube when you're using the drill press to bore through steel...?

3in1?

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
panther piss

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Leperflesh posted:

Or for treating your houseplants for mites???

people are so weird

lube

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Leperflesh posted:

Am I the only person who actually has a bottle of cutting/tapping oil?

• Locked thread