Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nichol
May 18, 2004

Sly Dog

Booyah- posted:

I can't stand that guy, I've seen a few of his videos and it just seems like he gets stoned and starts free associating about whatever the topic is. I'm not sure why he would be considered an authority on anything.

Yes it is always a trap. It takes him 15 minutes to say 45 seconds worth of things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I'm thinking of grabbing a squad of guardsmen to kitbash up some Gue'ves'a, and I want to appeal to the thread. Do I give them Pulse Carbines, Pulse Blasters, or Pulse Rifles? Hell, do I make them an honest to god Pathfinder team (like I need more of them? :v:), or keep them as a Strike Team? Do I keep them all in one squad, or do I mix them in with random T'au-species squads for desegregated infantry units?

I've got enough spare T'au infantry that I'm going to paint up my full 2k list in the Tau'noir scheme I like with the airbrush, but I'm also going to start slowly building a Vior'la list for shits and giggles and to see if I can pull of the sick as hell red and white paint scheme.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

moths posted:

I got to play my first 8th!

I fed my Steel Legion to my buddy's excellent Mortifactors. We both learned a lot, but this marked my first 100% painted* game and it was a kind of hobby milestone for me.

(*except for one Ratling sniper and some tank treads.)

Both those squads and that Chimera look beautiful, would love to see more pictures of all these dude in action.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
https://twitter.com/GamesWerkshop/status/1017728278717763587

I can't believe GW is being this ballsy

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

You shouldn't.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Maneck posted:

You shouldn't.

Huh?

Badablack
Apr 17, 2018
GamesWerkshop is not affiliated with Games Workshop, and it’s views and opinions, while hilarious, do not reflect their beliefs.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Traditional Games > Warhammer 40,000: 7 5 2 1 0 Days Since We’ve Been Fooled by @GamesWerkshop

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Jul 13, 2018

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Badablack posted:

GamesWerkshop is not affiliated with Games Workshop, and it’s views and opinions, while hilarious, do not reflect their beliefs.

Oh. Oh well :(

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Mango Polo posted:

I like you

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Mango Polo posted:

There's no shame in getting fooled by the Werkshop. Schadenboner's not actually joking about how often that account gets people here.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Schadenboner posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Traditional Games > Warhammer 40,000: 7 5 2 1 0 Days Since We’ve Been Fooled by Mango Polo pretending he doesn't know @GamesWerkshop is a parody

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

xtothez posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Traditional Games > Warhammer 40,000: :thejoke:

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

I mean, it was only Maneck, that's not setting the bar high

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Thanks for the kind words! I put the rest of my (in focus) photos up:

This was the beginning of the end for my guard.

I spent my first shooting phase blasting these guys with nearly everything I had, and two survived. He's using Primaris and converted marines as truescale Marines, these were Sternguard.

His Stormraven was the game's MVP. Once he got to my lines it was pretty much over... on turn 2.

moths fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Jul 13, 2018

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Welp.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

There's no shame in getting fooled by Mango Polo. Xtothez is not actually joking about how often that Mango idiot does this.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Mango Polo posted:

There's no shame in getting fooled by Mango Polo. Xtothez is not actually joking about how often that Mango idiot does this.

I declare this July 2018's Golden Post

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Mango Polo posted:

:perfect:

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Mango Polo posted:

:golfclap:

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
This thread is a roller-coaster. It's the peaks like this that make the ride worth it.

Muninn
Dec 29, 2008

Strobe posted:

I'm thinking of grabbing a squad of guardsmen to kitbash up some Gue'ves'a, and I want to appeal to the thread. Do I give them Pulse Carbines, Pulse Blasters, or Pulse Rifles? Hell, do I make them an honest to god Pathfinder team (like I need more of them? :v:), or keep them as a Strike Team? Do I keep them all in one squad, or do I mix them in with random T'au-species squads for desegregated infantry units?

I've got enough spare T'au infantry that I'm going to paint up my full 2k list in the Tau'noir scheme I like with the airbrush, but I'm also going to start slowly building a Vior'la list for shits and giggles and to see if I can pull of the sick as hell red and white paint scheme.

What does the Tau'noir scheme look like?

I would also love to hear people's thoughts on this, for normal Fire Warriors. I'm considering pulse carbines since I expect to paint them as Vior'la Sept and that allows them to advance and fire two shots without penalty up to 18 inches (and assault 2 benefits more from the pulse accelerator drone than rapid fire 1). I like the idea of an aggressively mobile list rather than a static gunline.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Muninn posted:

What does the Tau'noir scheme look like?

I too would like to see this.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I'll get some lovely phone pictures later, but it's my take on a Sin City-style film noir. Base colors are black/dark/light grays, some metallic bits, and then green lighting detail from visors, weapons, lenses, and scopes with OSL.

I haven't gotten to basing them yet, but they'll be done with greyscale brick and stone so the entire army looks like an urban camo night fight.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
What are your favorite Knight magnetizing videos?

Muninn
Dec 29, 2008

Strobe posted:

I'll get some lovely phone pictures later, but it's my take on a Sin City-style film noir. Base colors are black/dark/light grays, some metallic bits, and then green lighting detail from visors, weapons, lenses, and scopes with OSL.

I haven't gotten to basing them yet, but they'll be done with greyscale brick and stone so the entire army looks like an urban camo night fight.

That sounds fantastic and I'd love to try it on my stealth suits and ghostkeel (but sans airbrush).

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

mango sentinel posted:

What are your favorite Knight magnetizing videos?

to be honest, I just watched the Spikey Bits one, and used that as a basic guide. I did some things slightly different for my tastes, but it was a good baseline.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

EvilBeard posted:

to be honest, I just watched the Spikey Bits one, and used that as a basic guide. I did some things slightly different for my tastes, but it was a good baseline.

What size/shape magnet(s) did you use?

Maneck fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jul 13, 2018

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Anyone know why Battle Scribe won't let me give my Plague Marine Champions a Power Fist? I just loaded it up for the first time in a few weeks and removed them from a list I had

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

Sab669 posted:

Anyone know why Battle Scribe won't let me give my Plague Marine Champions a Power Fist? I just loaded it up for the first time in a few weeks and removed them from a list I had

At some point they updated the list to split between index and codex options, so you have to re-add it and then select it again. It's set up rather poorly now imo

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Deathwatch Kill Team Preview

Vets, Intercessors, Rievers. Mentions a "tiny model count", but no word on if they're just more expensive than others or there's a limitation on the number of models they can take.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
Two of the guns on the Chaos Decimator from Forge World (C-Beam and Storm Laser) just went on Last Chance to Buy, and I'm worried I might be missing out. Does anyone have experience with these two weapons and can tell me if they're anything special?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
C-beam looks cool buy one

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
"Does it look cool?" I've realized is the correct way to build WH armies. That's why I've bought 3 attack bikes in the last 2 months. :getin:

e: Embarrassed to admit it took me 2 years of collecting 40k to figure this out.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Fake James posted:

At some point they updated the list to split between index and codex options, so you have to re-add it and then select it again. It's set up rather poorly now imo

Oh that's what they mean by Book Option.

Weird, whether I pick Codex or Index nothing changes :shrug: Oh well.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
Taking knights, witha mix of sisters of battle and =][= for a spin tonight. My friend is bringing his lone chaos knight together with his legions, and I am curious to see how this works out.

Are Deathwatch veterans with chainsword and storm bolters as great as they look on paper? Backed up by a watch master, they're 40 rerollable bs3 shots wounding monsters and infantry on 2+, with rerollable 1s depending on your tactic. A 10 man squad + Watch Master is only 330 points, and you can easily deep strike them for 3cp.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

GET INTO DA CHOPPA posted:

Taking knights, witha mix of sisters of battle and =][= for a spin tonight. My friend is bringing his lone chaos knight together with his legions, and I am curious to see how this works out.

Are Deathwatch veterans with chainsword and storm bolters as great as they look on paper? Backed up by a watch master, they're 40 rerollable bs3 shots wounding monsters and infantry on 2+, with rerollable 1s depending on your tactic. A 10 man squad + Watch Master is only 330 points, and you can easily deep strike them for 3cp.

2 command points and yes they are quite good

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Maneck posted:

What size/shape magnet(s) did you use?

for the arms, I used 8mm flat magnets, 2 or 3mm thick. 8mm is the right size to fit in the hole the bottom of the arm already has. you can find them in loads on amazon. for the waist, I used 10x2mm magnets. I put magnets in the top of the arm, the weapon end of the arm, the waist, one on the inside top of the carapace (right inside where the weapons go, so they stick to that spot), inside the feet, and on the bottom of the base. This makes the base removable. Make sure you get the arms the right polarity. The first time I put the arms on my knight, they weren't interchangeable. So I had to dig them out and redo them.

For the missle pods, I put a piece of sprue inside the front, and then the missle part has a magnet on it. This makes it so I can swap between the stormspear and ironstorm pods without having to buy more bits.

If you just buy another battle cannon from a bits store, you can have a completely interchangable knight. The thermal cannon and the battle cannon have the same base, with a different gun on them. You could always attempt to magnetize the barrels to the base part, but I didn't know if I could make them look good enough. For like $20, I just have complete arm assemblies that I can swap.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

EvilBeard posted:

for the arms, I used 8mm flat magnets, 2 or 3mm thick. 8mm is the right size to fit in the hole the bottom of the arm already has. you can find them in loads on amazon. for the waist, I used 10x2mm magnets. I put magnets in the top of the arm, the weapon end of the arm, the waist, one on the inside top of the carapace (right inside where the weapons go, so they stick to that spot), inside the feet, and on the bottom of the base. This makes the base removable. Make sure you get the arms the right polarity. The first time I put the arms on my knight, they weren't interchangeable. So I had to dig them out and redo them.

For the missle pods, I put a piece of sprue inside the front, and then the missle part has a magnet on it. This makes it so I can swap between the stormspear and ironstorm pods without having to buy more bits.

If you just buy another battle cannon from a bits store, you can have a completely interchangable knight. The thermal cannon and the battle cannon have the same base, with a different gun on them. You could always attempt to magnetize the barrels to the base part, but I didn't know if I could make them look good enough. For like $20, I just have complete arm assemblies that I can swap.

Thank you kindly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

Sab669 posted:

Oh that's what they mean by Book Option.

Weird, whether I pick Codex or Index nothing changes :shrug: Oh well.

Just looked into it. When you add the unit to your list, click on "Plague Champion" and then on "Book Choice: Codex", there you will see the options for wargear.