Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
anyways, succ:

https://twitter.com/donotatmii/status/1017784597000663042?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
apparently this is what german succ looks like

https://twitter.com/segwaysoeren/status/1014783461628968960

Martin Random
Jul 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

SKULL.GIF posted:

abolishing ice was an insane fringe policy with like 2% support at the beginning of this year

it's now a mainstream policy with legislation ready to go on it

once again, as I pointed out yesterday by the way, the centrist argument boils down to inaction

pack the federal bench / abolish the supreme court via majority vote stripping it of all subject matter jurisdiction

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Backpfeifengesicht!

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Martin Random posted:

pack the federal brunch

ftfy

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

D.Ork Bimboolean posted:

Is this loss?

Asking for a friend.

no this is

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Concerned Citizen posted:

only 25% of americans want to abolish ice so i think there's actually no political benefit at all to "campaigning hard on it."

"only 26 percent of eligible voters voted for trump so he shouldn't be allowed to be president"--other lanyards

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Since Tony Podesta has come up in the thread because of the emails, allow me this opportunity to plug the first episode of the newest season of ancient aliens, which features a surprisingly in depth interview with the man himself. While the information is not as practical as what you would in any given episode of The Nostradamus Effect, the content of the episode of Ancient Aliens pretty much confirms that we are experiencing the existence of some variety of unpredictable things that fly around us in ways we can't quite understand for some reason we don't know.

I am not some kind of active Alien believer but this poo poo is pretty important. Thinking on all this for a while has made me realize that my internal reaction to the thought of Aliens coming to destroy the world and my reaction to the thought of Aliens coming to bestow a perfect peace upon us all is the real horseshoe theory.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

SKULL.GIF posted:

CC please reply to this with your thoughts/experiences from the campaign trail when you're off probation

https://twitter.com/jonfavs/status/1017800441667596289

Venom Snake too

Nichael?

TV adds = $$$ for the grifter class

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Given only 40% of america tends to vote during midterms, 25% of people supporting abolishing ice is actually pretty drat good?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

what is up my bolongas

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

reignonyourparade posted:

Given only 40% of america tends to vote during midterms, 25% of people supporting abolishing ice is actually pretty drat good?

40% of all of eligible voters or just 40% of presidential race voter counts?
Since AFIAK 48% of all eligible voters vote in presidential race so -8% isn't much of a difference.

Also that 25% who want to abolish it don't/can't vote so the dems will never target them on purpose

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

look guys

only 25% of americans are in favor of gay marriage so you'll just have to deal with being screwed over for another 5 decades

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Venom Snake posted:

TV adds = $$$ for the grifter class

yeah mailers and TV ads are done by dem consultants who charge handsome fees but theres very little room for a consultant to insert himself between a campaign and facebook

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Shear Modulus posted:

yeah mailers and TV ads are done by dem consultants who charge handsome fees but theres very little room for a consultant to insert himself between a campaign and facebook

imagine paying big bucks for people to put your face on trash and shove it into people's mailboxes :lol:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

the mcdonalds defender has logged on

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

ThndrShk2k posted:

40% of all of eligible voters or just 40% of presidential race voter counts?
Since AFIAK 48% of all eligible voters vote in presidential race so -8% isn't much of a difference.

Also that 25% who want to abolish it don't/can't vote so the dems will never target them on purpose
Eligible voters, and in recent years we've mostly been hovering around 55%.

For the latter... I know dems will never target them on purpose (because dems will only ever target urban professionals on purpose) but if any of that 25% doesn't vote that's a good thing because maybe it would actually get them to vote. My point was more than 25% supporting it isn't actually this big ICE BURN when held in context of the actual election landscape.

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003
who was the last president elected with more than 30% of the eligible vote, lbj?

D.Ork Bimboolean
Aug 26, 2016

Condiv posted:

no this is

OK FINE ILL DO IT

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

gretchen whitmer is so succ right now, the establishment Dem’s choice for governor in MI. she’s basically avoiding commitment to any reform aside from a $15 minimum wage and legalizing pot because she feels she’s a shoe in for the nomination, and of course she couldn’t possibly support anything more than that because she’d lose all the moderate republican voters here. guaranteed she’ll moderate those common loving sense policies come the general, with unnecessary caveats rather than a full throated support of them.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Mandoric posted:

who was the last president elected with more than 30% of the eligible vote, lbj?

Obama in 2008. He won 52.9% of the vote, with 58.2% turnout, so about 30.78% of voters

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

robert gibbs sock puppet account

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

:getin:

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Hey guys, I posted this in the demlol thread but it didn't get much traction because it's not about assuring yourself that you're not a CHUD.

HEALTH CARE BLUNDER REVEALS MICHIGAN CANDIDATE FOR GOVERNOR’S “PROGRESSIVE” BRANDING IS FALSE ADVERTISING

quote:

In Michigan, businessperson Shri Thanedar has spent millions of dollars on television ads casting himself as “the most progressive Democrat running for governor,” and promising that he would bring single-payer health care to Michigan.

quote:

“And so you’re fine putting everybody in Michigan into one government plan and not having private insurance in Michigan?” I once again prodded. The answer to this question is politically relevant, since access to private insurance options has become a stalking horse for conservatives who oppose single-payer.

“I’m not saying that,” he insisted.

“But that’s what single-payer is though by definition, right?” I followed up, emphasizing the marginal role private insurance plays in a single-payer system.

“It is. It is,” he conceded.

Finally, Thanedar concluded that the system is complex, and explained that what he’s offering is to provide the leadership necessary to achieve a state single-payer system if a national plan doesn’t emerge “in a reasonable time.”

quote:

He donated thousands of dollars to Sen. John McCain’s presidential campaign, he was spotted clapping and nodding approvingly at a Marco Rubio presidential rally, and several Michigan political consultants have claimed that Thanedar once consulted them about possibly running as a Republican.

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

Bernie, sweetheart,

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao clapping for Liddle Marco Rubio

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
:thunk:

https://twitter.com/zachdcarter/status/1017534045683634177

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

i honestly wouldnt be surprised if shri thanedar was a plant by establishment dems. he’s loving bizarre, and his bid for governor is even more bizarre. if it was just whitmer v. el-sayed, the latter would win hands down, and it would force whitmer to run an actual campaign. this entire campaign she has tried to just run out the clock.

ive knocked doors for abdul and a lot of older voters who only see campaign ads dont know theres a huge difference between the two.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

it sounds like hes trying to run as a faux progressive but is just way less savvy at it than say gillibrand or khanna or even harris, and thinks people will still be fooled by saying youre progressive without any specifics

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
I am... progress.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Call Your Grandma posted:

Hey guys, I posted this in the demlol thread but it didn't get much traction because it's not about assuring yourself that you're not a CHUD.

HEALTH CARE BLUNDER REVEALS MICHIGAN CANDIDATE FOR GOVERNOR’S “PROGRESSIVE” BRANDING IS FALSE ADVERTISING

Or maybe nobody is surprised that a dem is a literal piece of poo poo?

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Condiv posted:

look guys

only 25% of americans are in favor of gay marriage so you'll just have to deal with being screwed over for another 5 decades
only 63% of americans support legalizing marijuana, so we should as a party unite behind keeping marijuana criminalized because we might lose the moderate republican

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/385018-poll-support-for-legal-marijuana-hits-all-time-high

unbutthurtable
Dec 2, 2016

Total. Tox. Rereg.

College Slice

this man looks like a cartoon

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/Ocasio2018/status/1017857149555433472

AOC is bad now?????

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

We've moved from "it is possible for a businessman with no political experience to be President" to "only businessmen can be politicians" remarkably quickly

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

loquacius posted:

We've moved from "it is possible for a businessman with no political experience to be President" to "only businessmen can be politicians" remarkably quickly

Soon it'll be 'Only reality TV hosts can be politicians'

Or possibly 'Only WWE Hall of Famers can be politicians'

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Soon it'll be 'Only TV hosts can be politicians'

cc tried to make me buying a game show set into a thing of ridicule, but who the gently caress is laughing now, huh?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

cc tried to make me buying a game show set into a thing of ridicule, but who the gently caress is laughing now, huh?

A live studio audience?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ghost Leviathan posted:

A live studio audience?

eventually.

whether they will be laughing with or at, however...

• Locked thread