Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Raxivace posted:

The more I think about it the more I think Breath of the Wild is basically just Spider-Man 2: The Movie: The Game for a new generation except not as good.

Like the general world traversal is the best part of both games (Climbing/gliding and web-swinging), and the rest of them are mostly just okay. Spider-Man 2 is a funnier game though so I think it edges out the win here.

gently caress you.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

corn in the bible posted:

Breath of the Wild is the worst Assassin's Creed in ages

gently caress you.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Soldier of fortune 2?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

In Training posted:

gently caress you.
:shrug:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Majora's Mask and BotW are my least favourite Zelda games.

Wait that's not true Spirit Tracks still sucks more.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
spider-man 2 is a good game

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://files.catbox.moe/koeluh.mp4

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Breath of the Wild is the best game of all time.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Breath of the Wild is the best game of all time.

i'm sorry, are you sure you're not thinking of

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The Colonel posted:

Is this canon?

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

JUST PRESS A

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I just looked it up because I'd never heard of it and it blew my mind. It's not canon as it picks up right after the first movie, just like the second movie does, but then obviously goes in a totally different direction.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I've played and liked every non-spinoff zelda besides 2 to some extent

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Ah, yes, the third entry in the popular Tom Is Successful series

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

codenameFANGIO posted:

Ah, yes, the third entry in the popular Tom Is Successful series

What if Tom is loving up, though? The title is ambiguous.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Tom

He does it

He just keeps doing it

Why are you doing it Tom

You're hurting me Tom

Stop it

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

chumbler posted:

What if Tom is loving up, though? The title is ambiguous.

Then it would be Tom Fails Some More

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
devil may cry 1 is a very rough game but i'm not sure any of the later ones recapture just how loving insane ifrit is once you've fully powered it up

it is probably the sickest loving weapon to go into DT with in all of dmc. that charge blast blows gryffon out of the loving sky

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Taintrunner posted:

Soldier of fortune 2?
SiN (1998)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Playing some mgr:rr sam dlc. They kinda drop the ball imo the story isnt very cool and the action isn't very sick at all vs the main game but i guess what is? I find the dodge/charge up gameplay to be less satisfying than raiden too. Bummer since sam had me hype going in.

Is blade wolf dlc worth my 3 hours to play or is it even less satisfying?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

ah, the game that has a bad ending caused by the main character being too horny

Real hurthling! posted:

Playing some mgr:rr sam dlc. They kinda drop the ball imo the story isnt very cool and the action isn't very sick at all vs the main game but i guess what is? I find the dodge/charge up gameplay to be less satisfying than raiden too. Bummer since sam had me hype going in.

Is blade wolf dlc worth my 3 hours to play or is it even less satisfying?

do you want to do, platforming

sam at least has a strong focus on combat, blade wolf opens with like four platforming levels, for some reason

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

With combat or like just hopping?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Real hurthling! posted:

With combat or like just hopping?

there's combat but like, it's interspersed with really awkward platforming across moving platforms. i have a tolerance for that stuff but even i just kind of. tuned out immediately

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
im doing some easy defrag maps in Reflex and theyre really fun and chill but im burning my fingers on the laptop keys fml

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
i suck rear end at maintaining speed still but my whole game is way better than last time i played and i know this isn't muscle memory coming back from when i used to play duel cuz that muscle memory doesn't exist. so that's cool

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

I started as the hunter. So, uh, I can say with certainty that the game is designed to destroy ESL folks because it uses so many English dialects.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

letten the hunten beginnen

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

The Colonel posted:

I’m pretty sure it’s actually that Desperate Housewives game citb users to do monthly plays of

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Just uhhhh, beat DFK novice on like 0.2 times speed cuz my power cable was unplugged and I had twitch on in the background. I plugged it back in during the last boss cuz my laptop was about to die and all the patterns suddenly got 30 times faster and I swear type c doesn't move that fast even when it's running normally but anyway it was cool to see the laser wheels coherently for once. what an insanely cool stage design.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Finished Resident Evil 7 last night, was a hell of a game I thought. I know people complain about the boat and mines sections but they were relatively brief and fun enough that I appreciated having a bit more game to play. Also it was cathartic to just be able the blast away with the machine gun and remote bombs.

Onto the Chris DLC next! Between RE7 and Evil Within 2 it feels like survival horror had a cool resurgence last year.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
played again with the lag switch off and got most of the way through hte last boss so I guess if I practiced I could clear lol. Definitely only with autobomb but according to the official record I don't play realtime games anymore so whatever.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

so does octoblues traveller have the characters interact with each other or not

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

oddium posted:

so does octoblues traveller have the characters interact with each other or not

It has tales skits

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i've never played a tales game but i will say that Tales Skits sounds like a star wars character

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Isn't that the show where Baloo flies a plane

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

bloodychill posted:

I’m pretty sure it’s actually that Desperate Housewives game citb users to do monthly plays of

that game was such a ripoff of FRIENDS: true friends

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

The Colonel posted:

spider-man 2 is a good game

O h n o, D o c t o r C o n n o r s ' c l a s s . I g o t s o c a u g h t u p i n w h a t I w a s d o i n g I f o r g o t a l l a b o u t i t . H e ' s g o n n a K i l l m e .

Mister No
Jul 15, 2006
Yes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpFsNeubnug

MonHun Generations had the best ending credits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

GUI posted:

O h n o, D o c t o r C o n n o r s ' c l a s s . I g o t s o c a u g h t u p i n w h a t I w a s d o i n g I f o r g o t a l l a b o u t i t . H e ' s g o n n a K i l l m e .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czTksCF6X8Y

• Locked thread