Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Ten Becquerels posted:

I'd drink raw milk if it was fresh (as in living-on-a-dairy-farm fresh) and shouldn't have had much time for bacteria to grow

The udder is situated beneath the butthole and the grubby beasts do not bathe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
They're also forcefully artificially inseminated yearly, and their male calves are slaughtered shortly after birth because the animal agriculture industry is poo poo.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Not that we needed this incident to prove that point, given Pauline’s chief of staff made false sexual harassment complaints as a political manoeuvre.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Mmm veal.

Mr Chips posted:

I wonder what that milk sellers angle is...hundreds of megapascals are needed to get any sort of useful antimicrobial effect, which is probably going to gently caress with the milk mixture as much as pasteurisation.
Milk proteins and vitamins are affected by the heat treatments.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pasteurization?wprov=sfla1
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascalization?wprov=sfla1
Plenty there summarised for your casual reading.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

Ten Becquerels posted:

I'd drink raw milk if it was fresh (as in living-on-a-dairy-farm fresh) and shouldn't have had much time for bacteria to grow, but store-bought milk usually has to get transported so they need to kill off any bacteria before they have time to grow. But some people seem to think that food safety standards are just The Man keeping them from the cure to all ills until someone gets listeria from a rockmelon. Then nobody will eat rockmelons because The Man couldn't keep them safe.

Also unhomogenised full cream milk is delicious hth

Psst. Bacteria can grow inside a cows udders. You can get sick drinking it straight from the cow, it's not a common occurrence but it happens.

-Brought to you by my breasfeeding wife who once made my daughter sick from a nipple duct infection.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
It's actually super common. That's why dairy cows are fed a steady stream of antibiotics for their entire lives.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Kommando posted:

Mmm veal.

Milk proteins and vitamins are affected by the heat treatments.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pasteurization?wprov=sfla1
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascalization?wprov=sfla1
Plenty there summarised for your casual reading.

I'm sort of confused as to why massive cellularly destructive pressures don't effect the "nutrients" but high temperature does

Also I'm no Newton but doesn't massive pressure make stuff hot anyhow? Through... Energy transfer or whatever

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

You know what fucks your food up

Microwaves

You know what those "micro"waves are made of? Radiation, the cancer boy

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

The Peccadillo posted:

Microwaves

had a co-worker who used to be a chef legit try to argue this, that he never uses a microwave ever as it destroys all nutrients in food

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

You know how famous women in their late thirties through early fifties are described as "radient"?

You betcha, they cause, as the Dutch say, "kanker"

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
https://twitter.com/TimesNTroubles/status/1018371178417684480

Good to see the tele proudly throwing around the one slur you can still get away with in 2018

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

GoldStandardConure posted:

had a co-worker who used to be a chef legit try to argue this, that he never uses a microwave ever as it destroys all nutrients in food

If someone tried to tell me this I would assume they had never worked in a professional kitchen in their life

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I prefer Microwave's mom.

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?

The Peccadillo posted:

I'm sort of confused as to why massive cellularly destructive pressures don't effect the "nutrients" but high temperature does

Also I'm no Newton but doesn't massive pressure make stuff hot anyhow? Through... Energy transfer or whatever
are you thinking of ideal gas laws? They don't really do a good job describing what happens to matter in situations like the milk treatment.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Nnnnnn... Yes?

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/murraywatt/status/1018378506026172417?s=21

Bringing out the big guns

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
He's looking way too old for this poo poo

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

How many people said "gently caress off back to Sudan" and then slammed the door on him

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

GoldStandardConure posted:

did they think american hustle was a doco?

Ten Becquerels
Apr 17, 2012

My Little Tony: Leadership is Magic

Konomex posted:

Psst. Bacteria can grow inside a cows udders. You can get sick drinking it straight from the cow, it's not a common occurrence but it happens.

-Brought to you by my breasfeeding wife who once made my daughter sick from a nipple duct infection.

I know bacteria grow everywhere, however in my drinking raw milk being acceptable to me fantasy I am a hale and healthy bod with cows that don't have mastitis. Maybe I'd end up dying of botulism instead because I didn't store my cooked rice properly. Speaking as me personally being physically able and not pregnant the level of risk in drinking very fresh raw milk is acceptable. Buying raw milk from the shops is still a massively stupid idea, and the whole 'bath milk' trick is about as obvious as smokeshops calling bongs 'water pipes' and pretending people routinely buy them for tobacco use.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

A lethal weapon, you might say,

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

get on this level froglet

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
In response, Pauline Hanson gets Mel Gibson to record an antisemitic robocall.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/hanson-young-s-lawsuit-could-set-back-the-cause-of-women-everywhere-20180713-p4zrar.html

What

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

But in arguing Leyonhjelm's remarks were objectively injurious to her reputation, Hanson-Young affirms the misogynist notion that a sexually adventurous woman is a bad woman.

bluh bluh bluhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Fairfax is bad

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/GhostWhoVotes/status/1018458336843350016
https://twitter.com/GhostWhoVotes/status/1018458725252624384

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
John Edwards killed his kids because he was denied them. Men aren’t taught how to engage with the world and its many defeats.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Because women are totally pulled into a secret Masterclass on getting hosed in the ear by society on the daily the moment they reach adulthood, and are thus infinitely better equipped for it, which is why they're not killing people all the time.

What a take.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Jonah Galtberg posted:

But in arguing Leyonhjelm's remarks were objectively injurious to her reputation, Hanson-Young affirms the misogynist notion that a sexually adventurous woman is a bad woman.

bluh bluh bluhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm sure Leyonhjelm's intent was that a woman being sexually adventurous is a good thing.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

The Peccadillo posted:

Microwaves

So is light. And Triple J.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Kommando posted:

And I know I avoid both of those like the plague!

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

Kommando posted:

The ABC is beaming radiation right at your head! Shut down the national broadcaster now.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

In genuinely surprising news, the SA Liberal Govt is saying good things in regards to the Tesla trials currently going on as part of the proposal to set up a "virtual power plant" with panels on housing trust and low income homes.

https://reneweconomy.com.au/tesla-builds-case-250mw-virtual-power-plant-first-trial-success-63950/

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Hottest take by Auntie popped up in my google now feed this morning,

"Government inaction on renewables good for renewable industry'.

Yes I'm sure it was much easier without all those pesky grants, subsidies and venture capital during an economic downturn which the Gillard government were supplying no siree Bob,

Of course, the article does point out the weird ideological obsession with coal, so they'll probably be ordered to print a retraction.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Cleretic posted:

And I know I avoid both of those like the plague!

there's no particular reason to avoid the plague - it's a natural bacterium, unlike, say, vaccines, which contain mercury

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Seems to be the hot thing to demand the ABC print a retraction (or declare one, for radio). Tracy Spicer had a photog on her show that said the Aussie basketball team had called the Philippines players monkeys before the fight broke out. She says she spoke to FIBA and they said they weren't investigating any racism angle but they still demanded the comments be retracted.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Yes, that dastardly Scott Ludlam who wrote the constitution

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Yes, that dastardly Scott Ludlam who wrote the constitution

Also forced more than 10 MPs to not read the forms they were filling in properly and actually do due diligence.

• Locked thread