Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Starion/Conquest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Wrar posted:

Starion/Conquest?

Isn’t that essentially what the dodge Daytona is? Like weren’t they the Mitsubishi DSM equivalents?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

ishikabibble posted:

How does someone get to that stage of a built car and not know how to drive the thing?

lol, most people don't know how to drive their stock car let alone one they built after spending all their money building it

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Cacafuego posted:

Isn’t that essentially what the dodge Daytona is? Like weren’t they the Mitsubishi DSM equivalents?

No, the Daytona is a K-car (derivative: G-car) platform. The Starion/Conquest also aren't what most people refer to as "DSMs;" you're thinking of the Eagle Talon/Plymouth Laser which were based on the Mitsubishi Eclipse and built at the Diamond Star Motors plant. Chrysler refers to those vehicles as the D-platform, but I've never heard anyone else do so.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jul 15, 2018

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

It wouldn't be cars and coffee without a mustang being involved in an accident of some kind.

Ansith
Nov 8, 2010

Elongated Baked Bean

Saw this at All Ford Day QLD. The worst part is the paint looks like a quality job

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Thats embarrassing

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Maybe that's what Max drove before the apocalypse happened, you don't know

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Nukes make everything look 30 years older you know.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Seat Safety Switch posted:

No, the Daytona is a K-car (derivative: G-car) platform. The Starion/Conquest also aren't what most people refer to as "DSMs;" you're thinking of the Eagle Talon/Plymouth Laser which were based on the Mitsubishi Eclipse and built at the Diamond Star Motors plant. Chrysler refers to those vehicles as the D-platform, but I've never heard anyone else do so.
Yeah, those are literally glorified K-Cars. They were pieces of poo poo even when brand new, can't remember the last time I saw a driver.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

slidebite posted:

Yeah, those are literally glorified K-Cars. They were pieces of poo poo even when brand new, can't remember the last time I saw a driver.

Slung's (evicted? dead?) neighbour has like two of them mouldering in his front yard.

When I used to live in a pretty tony part of town, the next block over from my condo had a dude who had a mint Daytona Turbo.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

slidebite posted:

I saw Planes, Trains and Automobiles a couple weeks ago. That K car survived a fire even.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Revenge is having your image deleted from Imgur?

Ansith posted:

Saw this at All Ford Day QLD. The worst part is the paint looks like a quality job

At least it's a Falcon.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Darchangel posted:

Revenge is having your image deleted from Imgur?

It was a Dodge Daytona pulling out of a Cars and Coffee type meet, spinning out and t-boning a Mustang

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Bajaha posted:

Pretty much all of North America is going to have stretches like that. I would think even most of Europe would have stretches like that.

Where do you live that doesn't?

I'm from Germany. Our highways are basically sprint races. You have the warmup lap (couple miles of typical 130km/h), then the rolling start of "go whatever the car you bought can go" up until the next construction site, which is basically a safety car, bunching you up with the plebs you left behind ten minutes ago. Then after the safety car lights go out, you wait for the slow left after which the rolling start takes place with the next sprint race.

Sometimes the race control sends someone in (Police) to gently caress someone up who missed either the safety car or the full course yellow.

I never find the right time for cruise control in this...

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Terrible car stuff because they did such a half rear end job. Should be covering the dash, seats, and door cards too.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

manah manah

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Goober Peas posted:

manah manah

Yesssss

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://www.mecum.com/lots/PA0818-343513/1987-oldsmobile-cutlass/

You could own a piece of poo poo turned into an even bigger piece of poo poo!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Is the dashboard signed by Petty?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Colostomy Bag posted:

Yes, Tom.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Lori

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

Breakfast Feud posted:

My driving instructor as a teen was really into this idea, and I guess it holds a bit of merit if you're talking about a carbureted vehicle. I guess his thoughts were that with a car that has a carb, if you keep on the accelerator you're letting fuel into the motor and not all of it's getting burned as efficiently as it could be so he said to keep on the gas till juuuust above the speed limit and then coast until juuuust under, rinse, repeat. It's a hard habit to kick, but it's a little handy in really intersection heavy areas cos I'm not slamming the gas until the next red light.

TotalLossBrain posted:

Those are the people you share the road with.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Powershift posted:

https://www.mecum.com/lots/PA0818-343513/1987-oldsmobile-cutlass/

You could own a piece of poo poo turned into an even bigger piece of poo poo!

I would drive this

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Unless I’m mistaken, that appears to be powered by an earlier carbureted Buick turbo V6. Like circa ‘82. It is definitely a Buick V6 at least, and I think that’s the turbo lurking over there on the passenger side. Hard to tell with all that ‘80s emissions garbage in the way.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

What a bizarre choice of vehicle to do that to. :psyduck:

Colostomy Bag posted:

Uncle
:pedo:

e:
https://youtu.be/Genn4eNCiNk

slidebite fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jul 17, 2018

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Ah, it had a turbo LSx in it for the episode/race, and Corvette Rally wheels in a fairly large size. They just chunked some garbage in there afterward, and threw some crap wheels on it.
Still has all that custom Leepu bodywork, though, for better or worse.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

I drive a beat to poo poo, company marked Tacoma so slow as gently caress is a matter of necessity as it won't accelerate three out of five times anyway. Brakes are soft, company refuses to have the fluid changed, so I leave as more leading distance than a cement truck. The advice is coming in handy...sort of?

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Of course it had to hit a Mustang

Luxrage
Jan 2, 2017

I have no idea what I'm doing!

Saw this earlier today... Does posting this here mean that yes, I am mad?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Luxrage posted:

Saw this earlier today... Does posting this here mean that yes, I am mad?

Forums user Luxrage in anger management shocker

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

madeintaipei posted:

I hate that one dude who rode my right-rear corner with his brights on for forty miles of stormy interstate at 3am. Not another car on the road, just keeping pace no matter what I did. Those nice big box truck mirrors sure do point your headlights DIRECTLY INTO MY EYES AND I CANT SEE poo poo NOW!

dickhead

Those mirrors must have been manual. Someone does that to me and I immediately adjust so they angle back into the offending driver's face. Most people get the message.

My STS actually has auto-dimming rear-view and side mirrors for this very reason, although for some reason the right-side mirror won't dim.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

https://twitter.com/Cryptoterra/status/1021228731111636992

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I will never understand Minions. Ever

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

The Door Frame posted:

I will never understand Minions. Ever

Tweety Bird for trashy gen Y'ers with kids.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

DropShadow posted:

loving nailed it.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

DropShadow posted:

Except most of the minions poo poo I see on FB and the like is from boomers.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

DropShadow posted:

... wow, yep, pretty much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Was Tweety ever that popular? I'd equate them to Taz. That fucker was on everything for a few years.