Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

bernie will win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

HiHo ChiRho posted:

All the succ dems are going to make noise for a few more months until Abuela, "after much agitation from the liberal base" throws her hat in for round three. The :decorum: will have the clown car of dems bow out quickly after that.

Nah I tihnk Hillary is going to keep doing her trial runs, throwing out an exploratory statement and after either being ignored, or ridiculed, she'll throw her support behind Harris and the machine will quickly line up behind her.

That said, Biden will almost certainly run too.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
Hillary absolutely wants to play queen maker

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

anime was right posted:

She's too arrogant to ever gently caress off completely from the from DC lanyard world

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

mila kunis posted:

why the gently caress is that probatable?

Logik feel attacked if you make fun of poo poo mods.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Latest bad dem take: CA state Dems are Russian agents

https://twitter.com/joebloughed/status/1018389999509622785

OmanyteJackson
Mar 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vox Nihili posted:

Latest bad dem take: CA state Dems are Russian agents

https://twitter.com/joebloughed/status/1018389999509622785

Wait, so they are saying not supporting trump (who they believe is a russian agent) makes you a russian agent?

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

anime was right posted:

the primary will be a rush to be the first to insult her enough NOT to get endorsed by her

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

OmanyteJackson posted:

Wait, so they are saying not supporting trump (who they believe is a russian agent) makes you a russian agent?

Doing anything they disagree with makes you a Russian agent.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

OmanyteJackson posted:

We have to work with Trump to oppose him.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

ThndrShk2k posted:

Warren might endorse Bernie this time though

If she runs against Trump he's going to hammer her for not endorsing Bernie in 2016.

"You're running on single payer, you're running on freebies for everyone, you're running on all these crazy things, why didn't you endorse Bernie in 2016? You want to do all the things he was talking about, why didn't you endorse? I'll tell you why, folks. She's a phony. Just like every other democrat. They're phonies."

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i think its clear by now that in the general election trump would eat every democrat that isnt bernie or biden or maybe gillibrand alive

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

mila kunis posted:

why the gently caress is that probatable?

because I had to edit out the line where they called for the execution of a sitting congressman

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Shear Modulus posted:

i think its clear by now that in the general election trump would eat every democrat that isnt bernie or biden or maybe gillibrand alive

Gillibrand? What immunity does she have?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Party Plane Jones posted:

because I had to edit out the line where they called for the execution of a sitting congressman

see this is why i leave a mod/IK note whenever i have to edit something out

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We can still talk about tweeting pictures of guillotines to billionaires, right?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

We can still talk about tweeting pictures of guillotines to billionaires, right?

In c-spam this is mandatory.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

In c-spam this is mandatory.

:getin:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

assuming twitter doesn't end up deleting your tweet go hog wild
like groovelord neato ate a week ban by calling musk a bad name and then musk got him a week suspension from twitter :laffo:

you know, the guy who just dropped this
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1018497953051258880

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I don't know much about Gillibrand at all beyond her being a "progressive" succ dem, but I think what the dude meant was that Trump's going to walk all over any opponent whose response to being mocked by Trump is to be indignant about it and say focus-tested poo poo like "When they go low, we go high" rather than just swinging back. Maybe he thinks Gillibrand is more of a scrapper like Bernie and Biden?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i think that her being the only one to tell franken to gently caress off demonstrated that she was the only one among the current crop of idiots who can figure out that :decorum: (as in deference towards powerful old rich white dudes) is a liability. during the election i expect her to act angrier than harris or booker or whoever will, which will help her

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Chillgamesh posted:

I don't know much about Gillibrand at all beyond her being a "progressive" succ dem, but I think what the dude meant was that Trump's going to walk all over any opponent whose response to being mocked by Trump is to be indignant about it and say focus-tested poo poo like "When they go low, we go high" rather than just swinging back. Maybe he thinks Gillibrand is more of a scrapper like Bernie and Biden?

I think she is a succ elemental and she'll try to play trump's game (also a bad idea) and get dunked on.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

assuming twitter doesn't end up deleting your tweet go hog wild
like groovelord neato ate a week ban by calling musk a bad name and then musk got him a week suspension from twitter :laffo:

get out of our thread, cop

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Shear Modulus posted:

i think that her being the only one to tell franken to gently caress off demonstrated that she was the only one among the current crop of idiots who can figure out that :decorum: (as in deference towards powerful old rich white dudes) is a liability. during the election i expect her to act angrier than harris or booker or whoever will, which will help her

Hmm, I can see this working in the primary.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
wow, imagine a president spending billions on programs you don’t like! what a nightmarish, dystopian vision

https://twitter.com/illinibizdean/status/1018318458793136128?s=21

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Barry Convex posted:

wow, imagine a president spending billions on programs you don’t like! what a nightmarish, dystopian vision

"fiscal restraint"

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
giilibrand suffers from the same problem harris and every other non-biden democrat faces- they're completely unknown to 95% of the general public. and i'd even put biden on that list because nobody gives two shits about the vice president

trump is going to continue sucking up every last bit of media and it'll be impossible for someone who isn't already a household name to get any publicity

and if sanders somehow winds up the nominee i'm not entirely convinced the dnc and friends won't tacitly sabotage him since they prefer having trump as a foil

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Why delete it?

'scool

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Barry Convex posted:

Who does this guy think he's arguing against anyway, someone from the 50's? Public spending has been completely separate from revenues for many decades. What a dork.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i think that "when they go low we go high" could work if the person was going high over some political vision other than their own self-righteousness. which in my life the only dem presidential candidates who have been able to communicate any sort of political idea were bernie and obama

like when obama's opponents from hillary through romney said he was a secret muslim or was going to give your money to """them""" he kept talking about jobs and healthcare

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Shear Modulus posted:

i think that "when they go low we go high" could work if the person was going high over some political vision other than their own self-righteousness.

See: Bernie trouncing Hillary despite leading a clean campaign and refusing to resort to trickery.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkXeMoBPSDk

oh my loving god

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

The Muppets On PCP posted:

giilibrand suffers from the same problem harris and every other non-biden democrat faces- they're completely unknown to 95% of the general public. and i'd even put biden on that list because nobody gives two shits about the vice president

trump is going to continue sucking up every last bit of media and it'll be impossible for someone who isn't already a household name to get any publicity

and if sanders somehow winds up the nominee i'm not entirely convinced the dnc and friends won't tacitly sabotage him since they prefer having trump as a foil

I'm hoping that the DNC overtly sabotages bernie after he wins the primary and then when he wins anyway, that is the final death knell of the democrats.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

steinrokkan posted:

See: Bernie trouncing Hillary despite leading a clean campaign and refusing to resort to trickery.

that he nearly did despite the primary being outright rigged is surprising

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Gillibrand already made a mistake of endorsing Crowley over Ocasio-Cortez

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Shear Modulus posted:

that he nearly did despite the primary being outright rigged is surprising

Indeed, I wasn't being ironic.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

goddamn

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
lol

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

he looks like a video game character, these people are brainless
the walk across the pedestrian crossing is great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

i think that "when they go low we go high" could work if the person was going high over some political vision other than their own self-righteousness. which in my life the only dem presidential candidates who have been able to communicate any sort of political idea were bernie and obama

like when obama's opponents from hillary through romney said he was a secret muslim or was going to give your money to """them""" he kept talking about jobs and healthcare

too bad about the whole "insanely corrupt liar" part of obama

but the man could campaign, i'll give him that