Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
More button bloat, you mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Patch 4.4: Prelude in Violet

New MSQ, side story quests & sidequests: The Four Lords, Hildibrand Adventures, Doman Reconstruction

Dungeons:
The Burn (Tentative)
Saint Mocianne's Aboretum (Hard)

Trials:
Suzaku (Tentative) + Extreme

Raids:
Omega: Alphascape + Savage

PvP updates: Quick chat update "Timed Attack" added, PvP HUD layouts adjustable at Wolves Den

Job Adjustments Ahead
Role Action Slots Increased to 10
Max ilvl is now 375.

Eureka Part 3
New Region
The Logos System added (New Region is not CALLED Logos)
Eureka Weapons continue

The Lost Canals of Unazir Updated- New Dungeons Added

Gathering and Crafting Updated
New Recipes
Fishing Hole: Doman Enclave
Zhloe Aliapoh - Custom Deliveries rewards updated

Grand Company Update
Captain Rank unlocked
-Squadron Updates
-New Command Missions Added
-New Squadron Missions Added (to attain the rank of Captain)

Housing Update
-Mannequin Indoor Furnishing Added
-Gear Equipped to mannequins can be put up for sale as a bundle
New Customization Features Added
New role playing housing status

Gold Saucer Update
-New GATE added - Platforming Puzzles

Ceremony of Eternal Bonding Features Expanded
-New Ceremonies Added
-Anniversary Ceremonies Added

Group Pose Settings Updated
-Minion Actions, Players Walking/Running Motions Added
-Lock Time/Weather Setting Added
-New Screen Effects Added

Additional Updates
-New Allagan Tomestone Added
-Crystal Tower Requirements Revised
-Duty Recorder; Recordable Duties Increased, Features Revised
-The Unending Journey Features Expanded
-Configuration Data now saved to server (except Display Settings)

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Rathalos EX is a 4-man Trial. :stare:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Rathalos EX is a 4-man Trial. :stare:

I'm kind of really on-board with this.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Argas posted:

That bit made me smile when I first saw it. It's tiny but god it's such a good and quick summation of all the work you did in HW.

The first time I noticed that text bubble I legit teared up a little because I am easily affected by uplifting fiction. Also seeing all the allies you've made over the past 3ish years fighting too kicked rear end.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
The Monster Hunter Event is confirmed to be permanent.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Hogama posted:

The Monster Hunter Event is confirmed to be permanent.

same for the FFXIV event in Monster Hunter World.

This is loving great and I'm loving it. :allears:

As an aside, Patch 4.36 which includes the collab and Eureka Pagos will be released August 7.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
New Encyclopedia Eorzea Part II announced! Can't wait. Looks like the first time it'll be available for purchase is the next NA Fan Fest in Las Vegas, and they will be announcing pre-orders for the online purchases later on.

Haha, comes with Matoya's Hat. But... of course, it's only one-per-account again, because SE is cheap and dumb.

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)
Did they say anything about job adjustments other than the role action expansion?

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?

Ytlaya posted:

On an unrelated note, someone needs to compile a list of all the times people (and particular Minfilia) effusively praise you in this game. I feel like every other MSQ quest involves people being like "I would just like you thank you again for being so incredible and saving the world. Words cannot express my gratitude. The world owes you a debt it can never repay. Only God Himself is more worthy of praise than you, and even that is a topic up for debate."

It gets especially bad in the crafting quest lines when some of your npc friends are freaking the gently caress out about how much they suck and how cool you are and it’s like, man...

It’s why Geva will always own.

AngusPodgorny
Jun 3, 2004

Please to be restful, it is only a puffin that has from the puffin place outbroken.
I think I am actually a terrible cook/armorer/carpenter but that everyone is afraid to offend the murderous lunatic. Oh well, more awards for me!

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I would hope so, because I've killed, like, 30 at this point. :v:

"Know that I will kill your god if I have to. Hell, even if I don't."

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Hogama posted:

Patch 4.4: Prelude in Violet

Max ilvl is now 375.

-New Allagan Tomestone Added
huh?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Typically with every even numbered patch they add a new tomestone and remove an old one to keep the gear treadmill going. So creation tomestones will go away (gear you bought with it will probably move to centurio seals), mendacity tomestones will lose their weekly cap, and a new tomestone with a weekly cap of 450 will be added along with new gear to spend it on.

Unless you mean that our cap is already 375 in which case, I dunno, typo?

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)
If I have it right the cap would be 371 right now: all 370 armor + 375 weapon. That does seem like an odd statement that I'm guessing is missing context.

edit: Maybe it's about Pagos weapons.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

How come the jump is so small? Creation was 330, Mendacity is 360, and the new one will be 370? I thought you could already get 370 with augmented gear or something?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah 370 has been the cap since about 4.2. I don't get 375 either, but it's really loving good if true. gently caress gear treadmills, once per expansion is more than enough

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

the new cap will be 400 with 405 raid weapons/final relic step in 4.5x

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

The Grimace posted:

New Encyclopedia Eorzea Part II announced! Can't wait. Looks like the first time it'll be available for purchase is the next NA Fan Fest in Las Vegas, and they will be announcing pre-orders for the online purchases later on.

Haha, comes with Matoya's Hat. But... of course, it's only one-per-account again, because SE is cheap and dumb.

Hell yes. The first one was such a treat.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

SonicRulez posted:

Hell yes. The first one was such a treat.

I'd feel grumpier about it being a fanfest exclusive after their ticketing fuckup, but I had to order the first one online anyway because the merch booth setup at the last fanfest was a garbage fire.

But I will be getting it.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I hope Volume 2 doesn't have that gross cover material, whatever that was.

orcane posted:

More button bloat, you mean.

I've got eight free slots on my PLD bar setup, I can make it work easy. It'll be nice having Convalescence back.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Realistically, you're only using about 5 of the buttons during any given piece of content as it is. Things like Esuna and Surecast are either actions you 100% need for a piece of content or actions that you have no use for. It's more-or-less the same as before, just with an easier time setting up hotkey-swapping macros.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Should I save these Poetics Tomestones for this ilvl 200-something stuff at level 60 (Shire or something IIRC)? I read that it's good to spend them on that. I might reach 2000 before that point, though, and if I do I'm not sure what I should spend them on. I read something about getting items to turn in for GC seals, and I'm not sure how that works.

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

It gets especially bad in the crafting quest lines when some of your npc friends are freaking the gently caress out about how much they suck and how cool you are and it’s like, man...

It’s why Geva will always own.

On a note vaguely related to this, one of the things I like most about this game is how every job, including the crafting ones, has a questline (that involves at least some cutscenes and stuff) that even continues through the expansions. It's a good motivator to try other jobs.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

Should I save these Poetics Tomestones for this ilvl 200-something stuff at level 60 (Shire or something IIRC)? I read that it's good to spend them on that. I might reach 2000 before that point, though, and if I do I'm not sure what I should spend them on. I read something about getting items to turn in for GC seals, and I'm not sure how that works.

Shire gear is good but you're an entire expansion and some change away from needing to use it. Just buy Ironworks gear from Mor Dhona, it'll carry you through all the 2.X content and a good amount of HW.

Aside from Ironworks and Shire gear, the biggest Poetics dumps are for the relic weapons; which I do not recommend doing unless you want to spend countless hours to get an admittedly dope glowing weapon.

For the GC seal stuff - basically, you just buy equipment and then go to your Grand Company's front desk; there's a dude there that'll take any equipment you wanna give him. It's a good way to dispose of old leveling gear that you don't want to keep around for glamours/other classes, too.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Grab a full set of Ironworks if you haven't yet. There's a way to augment it to boost it from i120 to i130 which will last you for a good portion of HW.

As you get towards 60, you should get a set of Shire gear which will be more than sufficient until a specific dungeon in SB. However, this is literally dozens of hours away from where you're at right now. There are more things to spend Poetics on as you get towards the tail end of 3.0 (such as Grade 3 soil if you want to try your hand at gardening or for just straight up selling on the MB).

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
If we think of the same SB dungeon, you can manage it in Shire and past as non-tank. Tanking yeah, HQ gear at that point has notable jump in defense values.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Fruitlessly hoping they continue upgrading the relic armor in 4.4 with Eureka but I'm pretty sure they're not.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Thundarr posted:

Typically with every even numbered patch they add a new tomestone and remove an old one to keep the gear treadmill going. So creation tomestones will go away (gear you bought with it will probably move to centurio seals), mendacity tomestones will lose their weekly cap, and a new tomestone with a weekly cap of 450 will be added along with new gear to spend it on.

Unless you mean that our cap is already 375 in which case, I dunno, typo?

Yeah, I understand the general pace of things, I mean the cap is currently right there so I'm assuming it's a typo, history would put the new tomes at i400 (which puts us at i410 for the end of SB?)

Bolow posted:

Fruitlessly hoping they continue upgrading the relic armor in 4.4 with Eureka but I'm pretty sure they're not.

I loving hope not, I'm already mad Eureka is the way to start relics as is and takes for loving ever to do. Last thing I need is there to be cool armor locked behind it (as of now it's just dyable stuff which isn't enough that I care too much).

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Bolow posted:

They have said the new zone won't have relic armor upgrades, yeah.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

kirbysuperstar posted:

I'm kind of really on-board with this.

It's a four man Trial, you cannot control aggro, no healing magic is allowed, and getting hit too often will make you dizzy.

You get 10 potions, everyone auto-rezzes every time they die, but you can only die collectively 3 times before the encounter wipes.

Have fun doing this in Party Finder. :v:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I mean, maybe in spite of all the special rules the ex fight will be tuned super easy. But I suspect it won't be and that they are being real specific about making it a brutal fight.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It's a four man Trial, you cannot control aggro, no healing magic is allowed, and getting hit too often will make you dizzy.

You get 10 potions, everyone auto-rezzes every time they die, but you can only die collectively 3 times before the encounter wipes.

Rip blm

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I feel like the devs are intentionally designing fights that are mean to BLM to gently caress with Yoshi.

Thundarr posted:

I mean, maybe in spite of all the special rules the ex fight will be tuned super easy. But I suspect it won't be and that they are being real specific about making it a brutal fight.

We'll have to wait and see!

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I'm fine with all of this as long as i get to bring flash bombs

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Wasn't fully awake making the post, I think I crossed a wire somewhere and copied in a comment on the current weapon cap. Sorry for the momentary confusion.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Ah, it's good to know there's no reason to not just get the Ironworks stuff now. Hopefully it looks reasonably cool, though it might be nice to have something that looks a bit less silly than my current ninja clothes. It feels goofy being dressed like a ninja and having the Doma refugee lady think nothing of the fact that the Warrior of Light is randomly a practitioner of the ~arts~. Like she comments on Thancred's knife-fighting while I'm over here using my jutsus.

dmboogie posted:

For the GC seal stuff - basically, you just buy equipment and then go to your Grand Company's front desk; there's a dude there that'll take any equipment you wanna give him. It's a good way to dispose of old leveling gear that you don't want to keep around for glamours/other classes, too.

The idea of being promoted in the military by just giving them a bunch of equipment is funny. Like someone goes to the US Army and is like "yo here's some guns" and they nod and make you a Major.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Please tell me this isn't real. People gently caress up Bardam's Mettle regularly.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Thundarr posted:

I have a feeling that Extreme is going to be roughly the same tuning as normal, just with the obvious cut to half your DPS and potential damage spreading. Maybe without AoE markers assuming normal has them(who am I kidding of course it will)

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

Ah, it's good to know there's no reason to not just get the Ironworks stuff now. Hopefully it looks reasonably cool, though it might be nice to have something that looks a bit less silly than my current ninja clothes. It feels goofy being dressed like a ninja and having the Doma refugee lady think nothing of the fact that the Warrior of Light is randomly a practitioner of the ~arts~. Like she comments on Thancred's knife-fighting while I'm over here using my jutsus.

Ironworks gear looks pretty cool, yeah. I never even glamoured my set for the eternity and a half I wore it.

The game's usually pretty good at recognizing your job when it's pertinent, but that part of the 2.X content was released before they added playable ninjas, and I guess they never went back to fix the plot hole. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

dmboogie posted:

Ironworks gear looks pretty cool, yeah. I never even glamoured my set for the eternity and a half I wore it.

The game's usually pretty good at recognizing your job when it's pertinent, but that part of the 2.X content was released before they added playable ninjas, and I guess they never went back to fix the plot hole. :v:

I think she does comment on it later though.