Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pounded in the Bartz by a Hard Log because I did not read Dr. Chuck Tingle's Complete Guide to the Void

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Vincent posted:

Are the FF remakes from the humble bundle sale good?

If you have no other way to play them, then honestly they're okay if rough. But for pretty much all of them, it'd be better to look at other versions via emulators and such. The FF4 remake is good but it's difficult in a way that was designed for people who already played FF4 and has a couple of tough spots if you haven't before.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

everyone in the whole goddamn thread posted:

butt pounding

:yikes:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

:getin:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

my keyboard pounded in the keys by the final fantasy megathread talking about chuck tingle

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Tingle's stories tend to make more sense than FF stories, tbh. SE could learn something from 'em.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

aegof posted:

Tingle's stories tend to make more sense than FF stories, tbh. SE could learn something from 'em.

Monetarily Pounded In The Butthole By A Studly Decades Long Development Time And Restarting From Scratch

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Pounded in the Butt By Some Rad Girl Dragoon Who Works As A General Nine-to-Five And Once She Clocks Out No Longer Has Any Beef With Me.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

mirarant posted:

Found this difficulty mod on Nexus: https://www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasy12/mods/59

I have not tried this myself however so I don't know how hard and/or tedious the game will be with it.

Just tested this out and the difficulty is kind of wacky. The gyrocopter in the tutorial sequence takes forever to kill, and cockatrices in the first combat zone can petrify, which is an instant game over since Vaan is still solo and there is no way to get remedies that early in the game.

The changes seem like they have a lot of potential once you get a full party and gambits, but FFXII is front-loaded with like 10 hours of gameplay where you can't do cool poo poo. It's going to be a tough grind from Rabanastre through to Barheim and I'm not sure I want to put the time into that right now.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
A college friend of mine is kickstarting enamel pins of swords from the Final Fantasy franchise paired with flowers; if you read through the campaign, she details the meaning behind each flower choice and I think it's just really neat

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cautiousamber/final-fantasy-floral-weapons-an-enamel-pin-series

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
What's a good use for the first teleport spheres in ten? I could plop kihmari into the black mage area, and I remember when I first played I put tidus and walks in aurons spot for all the str bonuses. Not sure if I should sit on them for now though.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Kihmari is pretty good as a mage, I put him there in my playthrough.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Teleport Khimari to the trash where he belongs.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
If you want early access to high level keys, make Kimarhi a Thief to steal from an upcoming boss.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Leal posted:

Teleport Khimari to the trash where he belongs.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Kingtheninja posted:

What's a good use for the first teleport spheres in ten? I could plop kihmari into the black mage area, and I remember when I first played I put tidus and walks in aurons spot for all the str bonuses. Not sure if I should sit on them for now though.

Send Yuna to Auron or Lulu's parts of the grid, and then stomp mid-game bosses with overpowered aeons.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Rikku is the best healer in the game so Khimari to thief gives you two good healers

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Rikku is only the best because of Mix though, which is her limit break :confused:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Kimahri's name has been spelled wrong three different ways on this page, poor small ronso

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Fun fact: "Mix" actually means "purchase the official Piggyback strategy guide to unlock the cheats we hid in here" in Al Bhed

Help Im Alive posted:

Kimahri's name has been spelled wrong three different ways on this page, poor small ronso

Kimbronto

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Use it to give Yuna copycat and then have Kimahri, Rikku, and Yuna just copycat Holy and Al Bhed potions.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

If he had a horn, maybe Id care

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

Poor, weak, useless Khalamari.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

The White Dragon posted:

Rikku is only the best because of Mix though, which is her limit break :confused:

Spamming Al Bhed Potions with a weapon with Chemist is how I spent a good chunk of the game. Always buy Al Bhed Potions.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I enjoy hearing Biran's and Yenke's voice-acting which at least somewhat justifies Kimahri's existence

FFX really had some silly voices. Good silly though, like those guys or Maechen. Really, Maechen should just be promoted to the level of Gilgamesh and inserted into every FF game ,only he shows up to give exposition instead of battle.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Rinoa is pronounced like "quinoa" right

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

NikkolasKing posted:

Really, Maechen should just be promoted to the level of Gilgamesh and inserted into every FF game ,only he shows up to give exposition instead of battle.

But he also uses Battle on the Big Bridge as his theme, too.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Coughing Hobo posted:

But he also uses Battle on the Big Bridge as his theme, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adc4yPNG4Lg

Have you ever heard of the wondrous Shoopuf and how it sucks up teenie-weenie organisms through its schnozz?

The one superboss nobody can defeat.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Help Im Alive posted:

You can put the "h" anywhere in Khihmhahrhi and it doesn't change the pronunciation.

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017
In a movie, Kimba the blue lion would be played by Benedict Cumberbatch.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Rinoa is pronounced like "quinoa" right

No, but Quistis is!

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru
Follow-up to Supperbunnyhop's look into the cancelled Eidos developed Final Fantasy game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9CuT_mOeEs

First video he made about the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl6mG3U4vaY

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Out of all the things they added to FF15 how the blind idiot gently caress isn't there an "Episode Highwind"?!?!

On the plus side, I guess now that the big guy's back I can see what his Episode is like.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
They're still adding dlc

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
They're going to be adding dlc till 2019 apparently.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Tae posted:

They're still adding dlc

I did not know this, and now I'm confused.

Why aren't they starting on the next game instead?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

precision posted:

They probably have.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

precision posted:

S-E don't know how to make big budget games anymore. Besides they're making lot's of money on FF15 dlc.
If FF16 is ever made, it'll be next gen.

Episode Highwind is apparently in the works.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

precision posted:

Out of all the things they added to FF15 how the blind idiot gently caress isn't there an "Episode Highwind"?!?!

On the plus side, I guess now that the big guy's back I can see what his Episode is like.

It's actually been confirmed that they are making some sort of Aranea sidestory DLC that details the last day of the empire.

WaltherFeng fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Jul 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

precision posted:

Most of the FF15 team is still working on post-launch content/Comrades multiplayer with the rest working on a next gen game that's supposed to be a new IP. FF16 is likely in production already from the FF14 team. Comrades is likely a testbed for ideas on how to make a co-op multiplayer in a FF game. Loot based action RPGs like Destiny and The Division are becoming increasingly dominant in the RPG market.

Furthermore, it's becoming common for a developer to continue to support a game after launch while a smaller design team works on the next game. Certain development staff can't be utilized when the next project is in a pre-production phase and they're still coming up with the game's concept. It also keeps the team from being press-ganged by other divisions into working on their development hell vortexes projects.