Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Tim Burns Effect posted:

I want to see Matt play Detroit: Become Human more than anything in the world
He definitely wouldn't like that, so I really hope he plays it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

420 Gank Mid posted:

Pirating, he's talking about copying the text and redistributing it without permission or charge. Pirating.

Or finding a copy at your local public library, since it's a relatively recent bestseller

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

let's have matt play a terrible game that'll change his mind.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

I don't want to change his mind, I just want him to turn into Violet Beauregard from screaming about Robot MLK and the singing protest

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe

Groovelord Neato posted:

I want Matt to refine his criticism because right now as it stands his lack of experience with gaming itself makes his argument come off more like an old man's rant
Don't get me wrong though i can see the central point of his argument.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Guy Goodbody posted:

he would be able to make a much stronger case if he knew more about video games. During the debate he went off on this tangent about how video games train you to see every person as an enemy or emotionless, or something, and you could tell he was losing the audience. There's so many purely co-op games, or even single player games like Walking Dead or Persona that are built around having an emotional reaction to characters
I agree but I think he's got at least the inkling of a point there. For example, the logic of libertarianism makes perfect sense if and only if the world is a MMO.

Guy Goodbody posted:

There's a lot of good zombie movies. Train to Busan, Wild Zero, Pontypool, all Resident Evil movies, Rec
Train to Busan is the choice anticapitalist zombie movie

Pellisworth posted:

The outro music that Amber (the best Chapo) mentioned is this:

It's an Italian production of nonsense English meant to sound like how non-English speakers hear American English.
When they started talking about it, I just assumed she meant either Miko Mission's "How Old Are You" or Scotch's "Disco Band." Both of which contain real English words but no coherent sentences.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, the show is loving terrible. i quit watching and then came back for negan and got bored again. the main actor is leaving the show(can't blame him) so now its gonna be even dumber and worse. like at least with game of thrones and westworld, stuff happens and its interesting. i think what killed the show was that they pushed the seasons to be super loving long( i think like 20 episodes) which kills shows like that.
They began receiving criticism for "long seasons where nothing happens" in the 2nd season.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Kharn_The_Betrayer posted:

I want Matt to refine his criticism because right now as it stands his lack of experience with gaming itself makes his argument come off more like an old man's rant

"Jordan Peterson, but from the left"

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Halloween Jack posted:

They began receiving criticism for "long seasons where nothing happens" in the 2nd season.

as they should, the biggest issue they have is their seasons are like 20 or so episodes, which basicaly always mean tons of pointless fluff. it doesn't help that they basicaly can't get away with much outside violence. at least with GOT and westworld and others, they are compact and have tits and dicks.

yeah, pretty much. i think he has some good points but its gets buried under dumb poo poo. also i weirdly think he would be amused/maybe like assassins creed. you hang out with marx and help him out and do magical historical tours.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Marx is just a liberal in Assassins Creed

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Groovelord Neato posted:

You're right, he needs to play Drakengard.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

MonsieurChoc posted:

You're right, he needs to play Drakengard.

They should play Telengard, and load it into the computer with a cassette player.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Matt should play Floor 13 and Papers Please.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Hat Thoughts posted:

Marx is just a liberal in Assassins Creed
Assassins Creed is liberal all over.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Please, someone send help, I just rolled my eyes so hard that they're stuck

https://twitter.com/lin_manuel/status/1019190030387073025

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

I play a shitload of games and his criticism is Correct and True and the amount of boring "well, actually, metal gear solid..." push back that he gets just reaffirms his thesis that gamers are dumb with rotten fruit brains

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Matt and Felix should play Killer 7.

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

roger ebert was right and gamergate proved it

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

Halloween Jack posted:

Matt should play Floor 13 and Papers Please.

he'd probably enjoy Cart Life tbh

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

fyi you poors not kicking in 5 bucks because thats giving money to THE MAN, they've unlocked the PSA book review.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

quadrophrenic posted:

he'd probably enjoy Cart Life tbh

first time I played that I was basically almost certainly doomed after the first day. like my whole life fell apart instantly. pretty effective.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
like papers please is a great representation of post-soviet bloc poverty and destitution

cart life is a great representation of american poverty and destitution :911:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The fact that my preious post wasn't followed by a bunch of emptyquotes just proves you guys need to play Killer 7

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Guy Goodbody posted:

The fact that my preious post wasn't followed by a bunch of emptyquotes just proves you guys need to play Killer 7

great game but i think it's probably too abstracted to be a great chapo stream

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

TheBigAristotle posted:

ugggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh gently caress off

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

terrorist ambulance posted:

I play a shitload of games and his criticism is Correct and True and the amount of boring "well, actually, metal gear solid..." push back that he gets just reaffirms his thesis that gamers are dumb with rotten fruit brains

so you're saying you terrible taste?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

mgs is not the series you should be using to say "actually games are worthwhile as their own medium".

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

TheBigAristotle posted:

there's actually something extremely and painfully relevant to the modern age with the rise of Jomny Sun and endless supply and variations of memes where in the humor lies in the deliberate image or syntactical quality degredation (fake jpg artifact-ed images, the "wordplay" of swapping a few letters of a word or loving up a meme format to look deliberately bad)

entropy

the kids are not alright

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

frest posted:

yes, super duper yes if you're dual-income with a partner

you don't really appreciate how ridiculous NYC is until you are rubbing elbows with these dorks

e: i work in downtown brooklyn and commute from a different state, my commuting costs alone could pay for housing/utilities in a lower cost of living state

my mortgage and daycare together are north of 6 grand a month

NYC is loving insane and i cannot wait to never come here again

No, super duper no

There are millions of people in New York who aren't the dorks you're rubbing shoulders with

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Dr. Killjoy posted:

there's actually something extremely and painfully relevant to the modern age with the rise of Jomny Sun and endless supply and variations of memes where in the humor lies in the deliberate image or syntactical quality degredation (fake jpg artifact-ed images, the "wordplay" of swapping a few letters of a word or loving up a meme format to look deliberately bad)

entropy

the kids are not alright

ok

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lol at having kids with the price of daycare nowadays. glad if i ever decided to pop a couple out my mom and dad would love to babysit and they live nearby.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

terrorist ambulance posted:

hell, same

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Guy Goodbody posted:

I should have thought of Killer 7 first. Such a great game.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Dr. Killjoy posted:

entropy

the kids are not alright

I can haz cheeseburger?

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Apes-Ma posted:

There's also Freezin' Cold in 89 Twoso, the cockney cover of the song, which is just as indecipherable:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wr0QIXaoSY

Oh my God I'd never heard this one and it's somehow even worse

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Boywhiz88 posted:

“...owned”

I laughed way harder at that than it deserved

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, i would have gone into cantonic shock if that had happened to me. this lady is like an even more abusive version of those pagent moms. what episode do they talk about her on.

Was this on purpose???

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

MonsieurChoc posted:

I should have thought of Killer 7 first. Such a great game.

I think it has the unique power to unite Felix and Matt. It's the one video game they would both love.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

Was this on purpose???

i'll say yes because i am lazy and lovely.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Guy Goodbody posted:

I think it has the unique power to unite Felix and Matt. It's the one video game they would both love.

No... it can't be!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

I laughed way harder at that than it deserved

matt always has the lines that make me laugh out loud.