Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Fintilgin posted:

I can't even push the mean/evil dialog choices in rpgs. :ohdear:

The evil route is always the most fun! Let's talk about how we play RPGs! I usually start by playing a character making the decisions I would make. (tends to be more good than bad, but some games like Fable I wind up a monster). Then I play a goody two shoes. Then I play a balls to the wall psychopath. Balls to the wall psychopath is always the best. There's nothing like beating a merchant to death because the sword behind him looks cool just to find out it's worse than what you already have. Oh well! :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I wish I could remove the knowledge that Daisy's Destruction exists from my brain.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

:stonk: I'm.....I'm assuming you didn't actually watch it right?

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Fintilgin posted:

hahaha same

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

vortmax posted:

Sure, I went to stileproject and rotten and ogrish back in the day and played Pico's school on newgrounds.........when I was a depressed edgy teenager who wanted to be an evil genius. And then I grew up.

It was so easy to troll the ogrish forums into total rage by posting cute animal photos, I remember doing that.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Fintilgin posted:

:same:

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Fintilgin posted:

this is me

I only know about the sith ending of kotor because I watched my buddy beat malak

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

yeah I don't even want to hurt the digital approximation of a human. I think it is healthy and good that we are not entertained by the fantasy of human suffering

but the hosed up part is that some people think everyone secretly wants to be an evil fucker because they do. seems like a lot of these dudes are basically Eric cartman.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The Internet has a lot of buzzwords that are basically code for "caring about things I don't care about, which is obviously bad and wrong"

"Virtue signalling" is a good one but I think "purity test" is my favorite

quote:

Came home from work yesterday to a screaming wife and screaming kids. Defused the situation, praised everyone for at least something and and then my wife broke down sobbing about how can you be so kind all the time I'm such a bad mom I feel so useless, useless to them, useless to you...
I cut her off and consoled her, talked her down, took the kids out and ran her errands for her and then came home and cooked dinner and put the kids to bed.

Anyway my anonymous confession is that she's right, she's a pretty bad mom with an extremely short fuse and I don't even remember the last time she left the house for anything other than going out with her girlfriends. Or church, of course. Gotta keep up appearances. :rolleyes:

You can talk to us about it, sure, but it seems like you need to talk to her about it

Phrase it as trying to help her ofc, tell her she needs to figure out better ways to deal with stress. See thread title etc. Mindfulness meditation would probably be a good thing to try. She should try to get a hobby and stuff too. Something crafty perhaps. Most of the time when someone is angry all the time it's because they're miserable and don't know how to manage it, and these are always good steps to take to try to chill out a little bit.

quote:

I've started to enjoy what I call "Lowtaxing" redditors: reporting them for comical, over the top threats that meet the letter of Reddit's anti-violence rules, but not the spirit.

The best is that I have often been able to also convince moderators of subreddits I met them in to ban them - while you can immediately re-reg on Reddit, it's technically a violation of the sitewide policies to evade a subreddit ban.

So when someone stupidly says they got banned from say, /r/relationships for saying they want to slap the poo poo out of someone and also had been suspended, I'm able to dig up their post history, see they also posted in /r/relationships post-ban, and get them banned sitewide.

Then if I ever catch them posting again (and sometimes they're dumb enough to use similar usernames or reply to people commenting on their old account's posts) I report more and more.

:ironicat:

I'd say that you're helping because Reddit doesn't do nearly enough to drive off their weirdos, but honestly most of the time subreddit mods are loving idiots as well (particularly in r/r) and their rules are stupid so

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Keep on trucking Reddit goon. Get all those fuckers banned.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

quote:

Anyway my anonymous confession is that she's right, she's a pretty bad mom with an extremely short fuse and I don't even remember the last time she left the house for anything other than going out with her girlfriends. Or church, of course. Gotta keep up appearances

On the bright side you're saving a fortune on child care by having a stay at home wife. Chin up, sport.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

tactlessbastard posted:

On the bright side you're saving a fortune on child care by having a stay at home wife. Chin up, sport.

In some ways I feel it's really easy to just swoop in and be the hero when you haven't been home all day with the kids and probably don't have anywhere near the hours of interaction your wife has with them.

From personal experience, I would rather go to work and deal with the professional stress than stay home tackling the tedious chores of parenting, and it's hard for me to fault your wife for feeling the same way.

Bad mom guilt is unproductive though; she could look into getting a job and you guys could explore other childcare options, if the current situation isn't fulfilling and you think it's bad for your family's mental health.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

tactlessbastard posted:

I disagree. He may be saving on child care in theory, but in practice all he really has is adult supervision. Apparently nothing is getting done around the house until he does it, so she might as well get a job and they get a nanny.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Son of Man posted:

yeah I don't even want to hurt the digital approximation of a human. I think it is healthy and good that we are not entertained by the fantasy of human suffering

but the hosed up part is that some people think everyone secretly wants to be an evil fucker because they do. seems like a lot of these dudes are basically Eric cartman.
I joke in the Stellaris thread about genetically engineering pops to be extra delicious but it's all talk, I've never even played a slaver empire properly. Pacifist xenophobe egalitarian for lyfe.

I'm kind of a dick in FTL though.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Badmom goon,

One of the major symptoms of my depression is feeling worthless and like I'm trash at everything and terrible for my wife and a bad husband and a bad caregiver to our dog and going to be an abysmal father some day.

Fun stuff. Good news and non Anon confession is that a mix of therapy and Prozac have knocked my depression on its rear end and I haven't had a serious depressive episode since restarting Prozac like a month ago, when it used to be a few times a week. Maybe your wife has serious broke brain like me and it's interfering badly with her ability to cope with things (other symptom for me was a massive inability to cope with any setbacks, I'd hit a minor bug in my code and want to sob at how useless my work is and how I'll never amount to anything) and feel good about herself. Idk if what works for me will work for her, but stuff is totally work looking into.

Basically, thread title. Do it now

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Being nice never pays off in ftl

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Solice Kirsk posted:

:stonk: I'm.....I'm assuming you didn't actually watch it right?
God, no! But just the most basic non-descriptive explanation just shut me down inside.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Also, badmom goon: yeah, you gotta tackle this, not just for your wife's sake but for your kids.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

"Worst case Ontario" is a Ricky-ism from Trailer Park boys that's caught on in Canada and people will use it in place of "worst case scenario".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfq3c4Cf1Fs

I've also heard "Get two birds stoned at once" and "what goes around is all around" in the wild a few times.

\/ ah drat missed the explaining post, shameful posting.

Baronjutter fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jul 17, 2018

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
Cag explained it already. I just really wanted it to be a fun typo. IS THAT A CRIME NOW.

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.
Badmom fesser seems like a real rear end in a top hat tbh

The more I read it the less real it seems, it's like one of those jerkoff fantasy confessions but for childcare???

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

8 Ball posted:

Badmom fesser seems like a real rear end in a top hat tbh

The more I read it the less real it seems, it's like one of those jerkoff fantasy confessions but for childcare???

It was as far as confessions go pretty crap. 'I secretly think I'm better than my spouse'

Join the club, dickhead

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

My friend is a stay at home dad and he says his wife always gets to come home and be the good guy.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
From last page, but my 24 year old friend recently hired a private detective, found her estranged birth father whom she’s never met, and marched up to his door in the middle of dinner to introduce herself. It went well, but his family is still pretty sidelined by the whole thing, especially his other teenage kids.

Even if you legally absolve yourself of responsibility, eventually one day they might come looking for you and your entire life might change 20-30 years from now. So be ready... uh, forever I guess.

You should actually confess because it doesn’t sound like your marriage is going that well.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

ElGroucho posted:

Being nice never pays off in ftl

:cheers: :black101:

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Anyone want a new thread title

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

I poo poo in a urinal today. It felt good! Then I wiped my rear end with a paper towel and smeared it on the wall. loving jagoff didn't want to serve me any more beers, I showed that guy now his bathroom needs fixed

I think I've been to this bar before

quote:

I wish I could ghost my family. The dynamic between my mother and my two younger brothers is so toxic I can't stand it anymore. The three of them are some of the most stubborn, short-tempered, stupid people I have the displeasure of knowing. My mother and middle brother (20) have untreated mental issues, which I recognize isn't their fault but it's the kind of mental illness where they could, on a good day, pass for sane, self-controlled human beings in public, which makes it all the more harder when they devolve into the low-EQ mongrels I know them to be. The youngest brother, 14, is growing up in a toxic environment and its very depressing having to watch him turn into one of them, minus the mental illness but with all the yelling and screaming and inability to sit down and vocalize himself rationally. I'm also afraid he's being infected by our father, whom my mother divorced (after he cheated on her with some Philipian dude he met online) and with whom I have no personal contact. The worst part though, is that the 20yo "allegedly" attempted to sexually abuse the 14yo when the two of them were 12 and 6, respectively. Nothing ever came of it, the middle brother went to some clinic and my mother got him out because she missed him and felt guilty or some insane poo poo. This was around the divorce so it probably affected her judgment. I was too young to do anything about any of this, the "incident" and the divorce happened so fast it broke everything in my life before I knew what to do. I never bothered to learn the details of what happened, but supposedly my middle brother was negatively affected by his at-the-time prescribed medication. In any case, I don't think there's any hope for these people. Mom is nuts, middle brother is nuts, younger brother is probably hosed up for life even if he had the potential to turn out okay, and Dad doesn't care. I fantasize about abandoning my life and moving somewhere else, anywhere, and deleting all my social media and everything. I wish I could cleanse these degenerates from my life. As it is, being the oldest brother (and the de facto male authority) I have to try keep things stable. I don't want to kill them or myself if that's what all this makes it look like. I just want to escape.

I'm not looking for a solution with this confession, I'm just venting. I don't know if there is a solution. Don't even think about suggesting therapy; we've already tried numerous times, but it's expensive and we're not very well-off as it is (even before the divorce and very lengthy and costly custody battle). Maybe if I got a better paying job I could sign us up for something, I don't know. But it would probably be much easier to set out "for a pack of cigarettes" and not look back.

And now the story of a wealthy family who lost everything, and the one son who had no choice but to keep them all together

Seriously though, Michael Bluth hosed off and went NC multiple times and so can you. These people really don't have to be your problem. You could maybe make some kind of legal play to get custody of your youngest brother but only if you think you could do any better of a job. You don't have to do anything drastic like move away and change your phone number, but maybe just let it go to voicemail sometimes.

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon
You are not legally nor morally responsible for your siblings or parents.

You aren't looking for a solution because you already know what it is. It's time to bail.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Anyone want a new thread title

I do. You have a suggestion?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Anonymous Confessions: Just Cut Your loving Dick Off

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

The current one is perfect :colbert:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Ghost goon: Just do it. If you have the means, go. If you have any family members you like, tell them you're leaving and you'll be in touch but under no circumstances should any information be relayed to mother or siblings. If not, leave a note saying you're leaving under your own volition and will contact when and if you decide to. But keep track just in case they still try to file a missing persons report so you can notify the police that you are not missing and they[your family] don't need to know where you are.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
Anonymous Confessions: I poo poo in a urinal today. It felt good!

really captures the spirit of the thread IMHO

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Filipino? Or is there a place called Philip with fuckable dudes that I should know about?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The Diddler posted:

Filipino? Or is there a place called Philip with fuckable dudes that I should know about?

Anon's dad's boyfriend is from the reign of King Philip II of Spain in the sixteenth century

Cory Parsnipson
Nov 15, 2015
Is it just me or have people really started to use these weird disease terms for interpersonal relationships? Like I know people have been using "toxic" and "infecting" for like almost 10 years now but it just always sounds weird to me.

I feel like when people say toxic nowadays it would have been described with more appropriate magnitude (imo) terms like unhealthy, or enabling, draining, negative, unpleasant, etc in the nineties and earlier. Or just "lovely" if you're talking about it to your friends. If you came across someone talking about a toxic relationship back then it would be about some deep abusive poo poo going on, like a toxic relationship would be so bad it ruins a whole group of friends relationships or reinforces an unhealthy habits. Or maybe recurring physical abuse.

I hear it so often now that it really doesn't mean anything anymore. People use toxic to describe basically strangers who say some uncomfortable poo poo sometimes and might be toxic but who knows???

I'm not trying to call out mom bro goon or anyone else either because I think that's an appropriate usage of it. Mom bro goon, you seem painfully aware that there's this unhealthy codependent familial relationship and I think the best thing you can do is just to keep your distance if all else has failed. I get the intent behind using the word "toxic" so I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's just really overused now...

:corsair:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Let's just say "terrible, horrible, no good, very bad relationship."

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008

Leavemywife posted:

Anonymous Confessions: Just Cut Your loving Dick Off

That would be funny for all the time Loq has said "Thread title and all" as a solution to a confession.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

New Wave Jose posted:

That would be funny for all the time Loq has said "Thread title and all" as a solution to a confession.

:five:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Cory Parsnipson posted:

Is it just me or have people really started to use these weird disease terms for interpersonal relationships? Like I know people have been using "toxic" and "infecting" for like almost 10 years now but it just always sounds weird to me.

I feel like when people say toxic nowadays it would have been described with more appropriate magnitude (imo) terms like unhealthy

:thunk: