Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I played the online only beta that was out months ago and wasn't impressed enough with it to care beyond that. Also, it looks like rear end like Lyle said. Well, that's my two cents on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I bought it and like it but there aren't enough people playing for me to have put much time into it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The super Turbo revival folks are coming to my locals next weekend. My terrible claw is gonna get decimated but it will be awesome to hang out with a group of ST diehards for a weekend.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

UNIST coming out on PC is tempting but I suspect there's gonna be like 5 people actually playing it

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Tales of Woe posted:

UNIST coming out on PC is tempting but I suspect there's gonna be like 5 people actually playing it

6. I'm getting it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

P-Mack posted:

7. I'm getting it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ill be buying it as well bc its my favorite current FG and I'd like to finally have english menus.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

I haven't played any previous iteration of it but got interested via BBtag since most of the cool characters in that are from it

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'll get it if it's under 30 dollar's.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Tales of Woe posted:

Uhhh

P-Mack posted:

6. I'm getting it.

Hmmmm

In Training posted:

Ill be buying it as well bc its my favorite current FG and I'd like to finally have english menus.

FYI the game is this

lmfao.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

:smugjones:

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

:goofy:

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Under Night In-Birth EX

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

ahem.. its Under Night In-Birth EXE Late[st]

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's loving awesome.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wish the GRD concept was in more games, UNIST is one of the few games where defense is as fun as offense.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

what if CHILD MOLDESTERS played the game :roflolmao: Xbox stays winning! Based Paperclip! :slick:

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

what if CHILD MOLDESTERS played the game :roflolmao: Xbox stays winning! Based Paperclip! :slick:

Yeah... what if

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wobbling is legal. Freezing and infinite stalling are not legal.

someone explain what wobbling freezing and infinte stalling are

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
commence the wobblin

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

mysterious loyall X posted:

Wobbling is legal. Freezing and infinite stalling are not legal.

someone explain what wobbling freezing and infinte stalling are

Wobbling is an infinite combo the ice climbers can do, dunno about the others.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Yeah it's hosed up that Merkava player is jumping right into that.

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

battletoads kick rear end

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is infinite stalling just trying to time somebody out.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

its not possible to time out in smash

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Examples of infinite stalling include The Luigi Ladder[3], Far Wall Peach Bomb[4], and the Sheik Shino Stall[5] (although the Shino Stall is allowed in moderation; excessive utilization will result in disqualification)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

wow I'm learning so much

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

sheik shino stall is the name of a brothel in an old forgotten realms dos rpg

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

In Training posted:

Examples of infinite stalling include The Luigi Ladder[3], Far Wall Peach Bomb[4], and the Sheik Shino Stall[5] (although the Shino Stall is allowed in moderation; excessive utilization will result in disqualification)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZN6EZxWttHs Lol.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

The Unmoving Shimmy

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Stages: Battlefield [Dream Land 64], Final Destination [Ω Midgar, Ω Suzaku Castle and Ω Wily Castle], Lylat Cruise, Smashville, Town & City
First stage is decided by (Rock Paper Scissors) best of 1. Winner may choose to either strike a stage first or select a port first. Stages are struck in a P1-P2-P2-P1 order.
Following stages decided by winner striking one stage from all stages and then loser choosing.

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

i meant to post the smash neutral flowchart but i think that one works too

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

these people are out of their goddamn minds

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

There will be no loading anything on to the tournament consoles.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gliding under the stage to the other side. Meta Knight is particularly adept at this since he can glide twice without landing. This is known as "scrooging" and is usually banned.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

there's a bunch of rules to prevent people from playing for timeouts even though every melee Match takes 25 minutes anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn2RS974GLQ