Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Al! posted:

imagine being worried about a left populist leader being undemocratic in a state where the right to vote was determined by skin tone

ahem i think you mean "literacy"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
in 6th grade my louisiana history class gave us this test

you can imagine how that went

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Whelp I can’t vote

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

lmao I don't understand half of these and I scored 980 on the TOEIC and 93 on BULATS. I guess Louisiana has higher standards than Cambridge when it comes to skin tone literacy.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

in 6th grade my louisiana history class gave us this test

you can imagine how that went

Were all the white kids given passing scores without looking at the exam?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Oh wow, somebody posted something on Reddit? How interesting and worth sharing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOqb_UzJSUQ

The Dipshit
Dec 21, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

PostNouveau posted:

"Corruption", but I don't know how much of that is real or not.

A fuckload. He WAS from Louisiana, land where the cartoonishly corrupt is banal.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

hobbesmaster posted:

Were all the white kids given passing scores without looking at the exam?

lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

ahem i think you mean "literacy"

lol i love that question 1 is impossible to pass so no matter how well someone completes the rest of the test the person making sure black people don't vote can throw it out after question 1.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

The Dipshit posted:

A fuckload. He WAS from Louisiana, land where the cartoonishly corrupt is banal.

his family is only nominally political now - the last one in national politics died when i was little (solidly left dem) and the rest are just podunk office holders, when they're not just doin rich people things outside of politics entirely. my mom's good friends with one that's a somewhat famous photographer there. last time i saw him i told him to join the dsa

you'd think corruption like that would be able to sustain itself better

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

The Dipshit posted:

:hai:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edwin_Edwards

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

Al! posted:

lol i love that question 1 is impossible to pass so no matter how well someone completes the rest of the test the person making sure black people don't vote can throw it out after question 1.

I had to read it 15 times and it’s really obtuse but I think you have to circle the 1.

edit: and you only get 10 minutes for this haha

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
edwin rules

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

I had to read it 15 times and it’s really obtuse but I think you have to circle the 1.

do bullet points count as part of a sentence?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

thats ok, im sure you can rush through the rest of it in the remaining 3 minutes

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

except a circle isn't a "line" if someone wants to be strict about the definition.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

Nope, sorry, that's technically not part of the sentence, no vote for you (unless you're white in which case who gave you the test? You obviously look like someone with a sufficient level of education, go on ahead)

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
really the last one is the most difficult

Shaffness
Jan 15, 2001

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

No doubt, there's not nearly enough space to draw a 5 circle interlocking Venn diagram. It's like they're trying to make the person taking this to fail, who is it meant for?

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
when will Trump do tariffs on Japanese goods?

I need to see 4chan and gamers lose their poo poo.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

no, it says "Draw a line around" if they wanted a circle, it would have specified "circle" as it does in other questions, sorry you don't get to vote

my favorite one though is the very last question which is physically impossible - draw 5 circles that all overlap only once

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

seems mathematically impossible to have 5 circles with only one overlapping point

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I was gunna say, lines don't have to be straight, but they do.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Thoguh posted:

Oh wow, somebody posted something on Reddit? How interesting and worth sharing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOqb_UzJSUQ

my bad, from now on ill stick to the regretful trump supporters on pinterest

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Shaffness posted:

No doubt, there's not nearly enough space to draw a 5 circle interlocking Venn diagram. It's like they're trying to make the person taking this to fail, who is it meant for?

:thunk:

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
if there is a way to be corrupt or subvert democracy, it has been done in Louisiana

bless my state

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

bzzzt that is NOT a line, thats a circle! no ballot for you non-white uneducated fool!

e: beaten like a black person attempting to vote in the rural south

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
backwards
sdrawrof

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

got any sevens posted:

except a circle isn't a "line" if someone wants to be strict about the definition.

yes it is

Al! posted:

seems mathematically impossible to have 5 circles with only one overlapping point

it doesn’t say only one overlapping point.

lotta non whites itt I guess.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
one common interlocking part

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

maybe if it has infinite radius but otherwise nah

Martin Random
Jul 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Business Gorillas posted:

Tbh I think that while this is true, the GOP is on its last legs wrt rigging elections. They've massively gerrymandered everything on a house by house basis so the white suburbs have a disproportionate say over everything because that's where the chuds are.

If they lose wine moms, what the hell demographic do they have?

divorced dads

theory matches reality perfectly

Martin Random
Jul 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

rudatron posted:

re: rigging and gerrymandering - a political system is only a stable as long it is seen as legitimate. the GOP can gerrymander everything forever in their favor, but if they're forced to go to increasingly absurd lengths to do that, they are all going to end up hanging, in the end.

just look at putin, KJU, etc also ghadaffi w/out hillary clinton couping him lol

rudatron posted:

those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable, and so on. Politics is downstream from economics, not culture, and poo poo is only going to get worse.

I'm glad victory is inevitable might as well just keep posting then ya fuckin lib

DKD
Dec 25, 2011
are you saying this with the benefit of insight gleaned from your experience in the gwb white house

eNeMeE
Nov 26, 2012
All the questions with 'draw a line' can be marked as wrong since everyone will be drawing line segments, no one is white

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
That's a fantastic guide for young teachers to understand what a poo poo rear end test question looks like.

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

Turncoat Mommy posted:

if there is a way to be corrupt or subvert democracy, it has been done in Louisiana

bless my state

democracy's bileduct

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

But who's the Gall Bladder? Or the appendix?

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

(engulfed by)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Astrochicken posted:

(engulfed by)

(foreverially and loving it)