Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1019676966809686016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Over Easy posted:

I can't wait for the mid terms to be over so we can dive right the gently caress into the 2020 shitstorm. It's going to be so hosed

c-spam is going to be magical

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1019215749280395264

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

I remember 2007 when "a path to citizenship" turned out to mean returning back "home" and applying there for "moderate" Republicans like John McCain. If I ever meet someone like this, I'll ask "What do you want that path to be?" and probably break their brains at the thought of having to express the policy that they'd want to see implemented instead of waiting for the compromise thought up in a backroom where everyone is responsible so no one is responsible and it's just the way things are.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
just so it doesn't get lost at the bottom of the last page this was the list

https://twitter.com/LissandraVilla/status/1019672217997758464

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

loquacius posted:

It is astounding how much getfiscal is the same person as WJ

WJ is just getfiscal but unironically

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/BrianBeckerDC/status/1019415146006040576?s=19

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

also there is no liberal that wants to abolish ICE

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

I look forward to bring told in 2020 about how Booker is actually the second most liberal person alive.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Jose posted:

just so it doesn't get lost at the bottom of the last page this was the list

https://twitter.com/LissandraVilla/status/1019672217997758464

Who's the goon who was defending Lamb, this must be a few points taken off the grade

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Rastor posted:

Who's the goon who was defending Lamb, this must be a few points taken off the grade

lol it was me

i concede that this is very succ

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
surprised to see lipinski didn't sign on as a yes just for the sake of stamping down a Y-shaped middle finger

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

:respek:

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Thoguh posted:

I look forward to bring told in 2020 about how Booker is actually the second most liberal person alive.
actually well you see according to this website here based on voting records hillary is 99% as left as bernie

furthermore,

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

comedyblissoption posted:

actually well you see according to this website here based on voting records hillary is 99% as left as bernie

furthermore,

the thing about using only voting records is that you can't miss the shots you don't take, and the Senate is pretty good at making sure good bills from the House don't even get a floor vote so as to tarnish their records

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Over Easy posted:

I can't wait for the mid terms to be over so we can dive right the gently caress into the 2020 shitstorm. It's going to be so hosed, and in ways we cannot even comprehend atpit. Try to remember the person you were before the 2016 election. That person is dead and the new you is only going to get newer. Not in any kind of good way, mind you.

The essential truth of the Freep thread, that there is always more and it is always worse, has generalized to our entire society.

What will happen? I dunno but it is going to be catastrophic and hilarious.

Or we could get into a situation where 20 democrats are running to be the most deocromous head of the resistance and it's a loving snoozefest right up until they get pummeled in the general. Even Bernie, who is mostly good still has a serious case of decorum brain poisoning.

If that happens, 2024 is gonna be the real shitstorm.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

:thunk:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

if matty is going to keep this up im going to ban him from the thread for my own mental health

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

if matty is going to keep this up im going to ban him from the thread for my own mental health

is matty's brain too big and veiny for you to handle~ :smugdog::pipe:

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Please do. He's the only guy whose tweets trigger me.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

lol

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

had anyone besides bernie been doing rallies with workers (the disney one, the amazon one this week, the nissan union effort) and town halls (like the crim justice one with mayor lumumba)?,

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Dairy Tariff posted:

is matty's brain too big and veiny for you to handle~ :smugdog::pipe:

The orblike smoothness of Matty's brain has a strange effect on those not privy to the mysteries of the lanyard.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

had anyone besides bernie been doing rallies with workers (the disney one, the amazon one this week, the nissan union effort) and town halls (like the crim justice one with mayor lumumba)?,

no

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Barry Convex posted:

lol of course this guy is a realtor for Berkshire Hathaway
You really can't make this poo poo up.
Its much easier to understand Liberals when you realize they all believe they will work their way into a 6 figure salary upper management job someday.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Cerebral Bore posted:

The orblike smoothness of Matty's brain has a strange effect on those not privy to the mysteries of the lanyard.

big matty brain:] :goonsay: *over screaming infants and mothers* everyone should have a path to citizenship

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

cheese posted:

You really can't make this poo poo up.

Its much easier to understand Liberals when you realize they all believe they will work their way into a 6 figure salary upper management job someday.

work their way into? the ones who hate leftists the most already have it

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Dairy Tariff posted:

big matty brain:] :goonsay: *over screaming infants and mothers* everyone should have a path to citizenship

access to a path to citizenship

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

do wall street workers count

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

do wall street workers count

Technically, since consultants work for a wage, they do not own the means of production, and therefore,

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the dems have been holding town halls with workers from the boards of many fortune 500 companies

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

https://twitter.com/davidsirota/status/1019682553559748609
https://twitter.com/davidsirota/status/1019685449403596800
https://twitter.com/davidsirota/status/1019687688780345346
https://twitter.com/andrewperezdc/status/1019689215506964481

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Cerebral Bore posted:

Matty isn't even a lanyard, he's like a trojan asteroid stuck in a lanyard lagrange point

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Lol "the purity left" as a phrase used unironically

"Yeah that's right, I don't have any principles. Get owned, noob. :smug:"

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
I love david sirota he's substantially online for being like 45 years old and it rules

also his wife is nice and is going to win

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Jazerus posted:

access to a path to citizenship

:yooge: a lottery to an access to a path to citizenship

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Rastor posted:

Matty isn't even a lanyard, he's like a trojan asteroid stuck in a lanyard lagrange point

i'm going to steal this at some point

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

imagine the sort of mindset that leads someone to think any of these points are self-evidently absurd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Barry Convex posted:

imagine the sort of mindset that leads someone to think any of these points are self-evidently absurd

its pretty simple to imagine it just involves being rich