Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
tests like that will be used nationwide in kavenhaughs lifetime lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/MrHateAll/status/1019641127626895361

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

MrHateAll

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
family guy avatar

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

so how DOES one draw a line around a thing, but not a circle. do you keep it open or what. I really want to vote, guys.

Tip Shades
Oct 28, 2016

codenameFANGIO posted:

so how DOES one draw a line around a thing, but not a circle. do you keep it open or what. I really want to vote, guys.

Here's how you do it:

Be white.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Tip Shades posted:

Here's how you do it:

Be white.

this is both the cause and solution to all of life's problems

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

codenameFANGIO posted:

the whole point of those tests is that the questions are so poorly worded and ambiguous that any given answer can be determined to be right or wrong by the person grading them. strangely enough the white people all pass the test and the black people all fail. funny how that works out, oh well.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
what's wrong with fourth graders voting anyway

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

uber_stoat posted:

the whole point of those tests is that the questions are so poorly worded and ambiguous that any given answer can be determined to be right or wrong by the person grading them. strangely enough the white people all pass the test and the black people all fail. funny how that works out, oh well.
I recall another method - an oral civics exam, where the examiner could ask questions from a pre-made list. Half of them were easy basic questions, half of them were Final Jeopardy brainbusters, and the examiner got to pick which questions to ask.

For some reason, white candidates all got asked questions like "what are the three branches of government?", while black would-be voters got "in what year did 'in God We Trust' first appear on US currency?". What a nutty coincidence!

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Relin posted:

tests like that will be used nationwide in kavenhaughs lifetime lmao

problem: our president's grammatical ineptitude has not tipped off the voting public as to his wider incompetence.

solution: federal literacy tests for voting rights (for poors [or PoC])

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

FMguru posted:

I recall another method - an oral civics exam, where the examiner could ask questions from a pre-made list. Half of them were easy basic questions, half of them were Final Jeopardy brainbusters, and the examiner got to pick which questions to ask.

For some reason, white candidates all got asked questions like "what are the three branches of government?", while black would-be voters got "in what year did 'in God We Trust' first appear on US currency?". What a nutty coincidence!

That's grade school level. When they really wanted to gently caress people they just asked poo poo like "how many bubbles are in the average bar of soap?"

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

FMguru posted:

And if it looks like a black person was gonna pass the test they could bring out the biggest gun - 'who invaded Spain in the 8th century?'

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Zanzibar Ham posted:

And if it looks like a black person was gonna pass the test they could bring out the biggest gun - 'who invaded Spain in the 8th century?'

Hah. Everyone knows it was the Moops.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Zanzibar Ham posted:

I just assumed they'd bring out a literal gun, to be honest.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

you know I feel like none of these people actually understand that they’re going to die under Trump

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

FMguru posted:

I’m trying to imagine the chaos that would ensue today if you tried to make white people name the three branches of government before voting.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

raminasi posted:

I’m trying to imagine the chaos that would ensue today if you tried to make white people name the three branches of government before voting.
The only branches anyone should care about are the ones on the tree of liberty.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

A Buttery Pastry posted:

The only branches anyone should care about are the ones on the tree of liberty.

And the Branch Davidians, who in current times would probably be keynote speakers at CPAC

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

WeAreTheRomans posted:

And the Branch Davidians, who in current times would probably be keynote speakers at CPAC

Janet Reno was good

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

raminasi posted:

This is why most of those laws also had a literal Grandfather Clause. If records showed that your grandfather was eligible to vote (read: white) then you automagically were too, no need for this silly quiz.

Also handy for those pesky immigrants.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
https://mobile.twitter.com/BiteMeHarrrd/status/1018541175513538562

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
BiteMeHarrrd

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/BiteMeHarrrd/status/1020082128183324672

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

yeah ok but how was i supposed to know this stove was hot?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

What do you mean this face eating leopard eats faces?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

that ... that’s the stuff

:smith:

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

This entirely depends on whether she voted for Trump or not

Porpoise With A Purpose
Feb 28, 2006

Aww yeah that's the high quality stuff I've been missing.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Porpoise With A Purpose posted:

Aww yeah that's the high quality stuff I've been missing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUE4_BocVQU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

this guy's twitter av:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

My neighbor is petty boug too, but he's doing alright since he mostly services rich guys that work for Tyson's or Wal-Mart. They're doing just fine.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Honestly, it shocks me more that poor white people vote for the GOP in general than specifically Trump. Trump at least is trying to con them with word salads.

The GOP straight out says they want to cut SS, medicaid, and medicare disability and I know a poo poo load of GOP voting white people that either need those to survive or prevent their elderly parents from being tossed into the street.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Thundercracker posted:

Honestly, it shocks me more that poor white people vote for the GOP in general than specifically Trump. Trump at least is trying to con them with word salads.

The GOP straight out says they want to cut SS, medicaid, and medicare disability and I know a poo poo load of GOP voting white people that either need those to survive or prevent their elderly parents from being tossed into the street.

You forget just how dumb some of these people are

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

WampaLord posted:

You forget just how dumb some of these people are

If they voted for their interests instead of ideology you wouldn't have red state governments like the dumb one on Kansas.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

The only moral social programs are my multitudinous social programs.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Thundercracker posted:

In 2016 Trump actually ran on a platform of protecting Medicare and Social Security from cuts, and replacing Obamacare with a magnificent plan that would cover everyone yet be much much cheaper. It was one of the things that made him stand out from the other sixteen candidates he was running against in the Republican primary. It was huge, whopping lie of course, but it was a key part of his appeal.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

etalian posted:

If they voted for their interests instead of ideology you wouldn't have red state governments like the dumb one on Kansas.

Personal interests are too subjective to assume that people value their material conditions over ideology. And besides, if we all voted in our material interests then the communist party would rule all 50 states.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

also people tend to not guage how they're doing in absolute terms but I'm relative ones to other people they know. as long as the gop rockets some people straight to the bottom, their average voter only knocked down a peg or two might become relatively happier since their relative social position actually improved. increased inequality can increase happiness for some even if it makes things worse for most in objective material terms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/davidmackau/status/1020300138005311488