Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Try it out tho, mod's good. Site bad so what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Guys, I have no idea how to change the click interaction on the site. It took me almost a month to script kiddie together the combination of cut-and-paste edits you see there...beyond my own illiteracy, the base site is a bizzare combination of css, html and javascript.

The site isn't the mod. With that said, I'll try to get it all https'd. I have to figure out what that entails, and I'm busy trying to resolve all the other small fires that come with launching a big mod, including Content Creator Coverage.

TheObserver posted:

I’m currently running the Restoration Mod using IPHLPAPI.dll, but the Crackdown installer apparently added WSOCK32.dll and now there’s a conflict message and the game crashes on startup, even when I remove IPHLPAPI.dll. Advice?

You're going to need to both delete IPHLPAPI.dll and the mods/base folder, which will reinstall and repopulate itself when you start up the game. We do that because the WSOCK32 is an order of magnitude more stable than the old dll.

edit: ok, I think it's got a license and https redirect? it may take a bit to kick in.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jul 8, 2018

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
I try not to be a snob but if a host launches a santa worskshop it's like ummm.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Better than White Xmas.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
Any other Discords with some active players by chance? Or is the stove the only means of heat lately?

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Malek posted:

Any other Discords with some active players by chance? Or is the stove the only means of heat lately?

What? You mean the goon run server is dead?? Color me surprised.

Btw, Vox some Payday2 youtubers are reviewing crackdown. Looks deece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVgXxzxbHRs

swims
May 5, 2014

That was super cool. The reviewer also had zero issues with the FBI files :smugbird:

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

We're in the summer content drought. Ever since the massive player drop off that came with One Down it's been like this.

Unpopular opinion: free content updates means less content, and whatever content we get is usually pretty lovely. See: the recent enemy visual update.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

Not dead, just I've tried hosting / advertising 3 games there and not even a nibble.

anime tupac
Oct 25, 2010

stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it
How many heists are in the storyline mode? I googled around but mostly found people asking about the canonical order or results that are now outdated. I'm past the endpoint of that screenshot, onto where I can choose between Alesso or Counterfeit, and am just curious how much longer I can keep getting coins out of this.

ThatOneGuy
Jul 26, 2001

Revolutionary Taste.

anime tupac posted:

How many heists are in the storyline mode? I googled around but mostly found people asking about the canonical order or results that are now outdated. I'm past the endpoint of that screenshot, onto where I can choose between Alesso or Counterfeit, and am just curious how much longer I can keep getting coins out of this.

If you want coins, crime spree is where it’s at. Before doing those I wondered how I could farm a bunch of coins. And then I found my answer.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

ThatOneGuy posted:

If you want coins, crime spree is where it’s at. Before doing those I wondered how I could farm a bunch of coins. And then I found my answer.

A team grinding CC's via sprees with builds set up to be good as a group on sprees can rake it in p fast. Honestly that goes for levelling too; Saving a big spree -> infamying -> cashing in the spree while level 0 in a menu is nice. Especially since even once you're into no-pagers land some heists (looking at you, FBI Server) are still trivial to stealth.

ThatOneGuy
Jul 26, 2001

Revolutionary Taste.

chairface posted:

A team grinding CC's via sprees with builds set up to be good as a group on sprees can rake it in p fast. Honestly that goes for levelling too; Saving a big spree -> infamying -> cashing in the spree while level 0 in a menu is nice. Especially since even once you're into no-pagers land some heists (looking at you, FBI Server) are still trivial to stealth.

Stealth? I do that by accident.

And something I should look up by actually don’t care enough to research: when “accidentally” killing civilians, does that come out of the offshore account or does it not do anything in sprees?

swims
May 5, 2014

This is my first time playing safe house nightmare. Even DW is freaking brutal solo.
Endless bullies and cIoakers in that little space. I haven't even gotten through the safe drill once yet.

The little cursed killroom mission is kinda fun.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

anime tupac posted:

Approximately 45 "missions", give or take, with the new ones.

Malek posted:

Not dead, just I've tried hosting / advertising 3 games there and not even a nibble.

Sorry, I'm swamped with real life stuff, and the game's content has generally been exhausted for most goons. We have flareups of activity, but not as much as we used to.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
In other news, say hello to a new weapon

also patch notes posted:

Flamethrower
Name changed to Flamethrower Mk.1
Damage decreased to 7 (down from 14).
Total Ammo increased to 1800 (up from 600).
Magazine increased to 900 (up from 300).
Magazine mod “Rare”
Damage penalty increased to 4 (up from 3).
Total Ammo bonus increased to 450 (up from 150).
Magazine mod “Well Done”
Damage bonus increased to 7 (up from 3).
Total Ammo penalty increased to 450 (up from 150).

Akimbo Weapons
Stability penalty increased to 36 (up from 24).

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
jules is akimbo, less stability each update

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

By most testing accounts so far, the changes do....absolutely nothing to fix the underlying problems with flamethrowers, both in their own terms and as a part of the overarching weapon balance.

But my phat pipe tells me this may get at least partially fixed. It's all about grabbing devs to patch something the instant it's released. We'll see how it goes.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Discendo Vox posted:

But my phat pipe tells me this may get at least partially fixed. It's all about grabbing devs to patch something the instant it's released. We'll see how it goes.

"Enemy health and damage is too high on One Down" says the majority of Steam Forums and Reddit the moment the One Down update is dropped. Nothing gets remotely adjusted until 18 months later.

anime tupac
Oct 25, 2010

ThatOneGuy posted:

I know the story thing isn't exactly efficient for coin farming or whatever; it's just that a lot of these heists are new to me, so I don't mind following this order and having Bain explain to me in awkward English how some heist fits into the storyline due to smelly fish or whatever. It's more fun this way imo. (I have finally started my first crime spree though and yeah the rewards are crazy; did I read correctly that I have to hold out until 100 for a shot at an armor skin?)

Discendo Vox posted:

Approximately 45 "missions", give or take, with the new ones.
Thanks, that's what I was looking for! So I at least have 10 or 15 left to dick around with.

One last question: I'm used to playing with 2 or 3 friends, but until they're back I've been soloing. While doing heists solo I've found the Vulcan to be really loving good at just burning down anything; it feels more stable at hitting bulldozers in the faceplate than any LMG, and with Shock And Awe aced I just have to aim down and left on any given shield and i'll kneecap the guy in half a second. I never find it on any list of good weapons, and it seems like the complaint is mostly about its ammo pickup rate. Am I getting an inaccurate impression of its goodness due to playing with 3 bots who don't use ammo? Does it get wasteful when you're playing with other live people?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

As you climb up in difficulty the Microgun becomes more useful than the Minigun. The Microgun trades firerate for damage, and with a better stability profile it's more ammo efficient.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

anime tupac posted:

One last question: I'm used to playing with 2 or 3 friends, but until they're back I've been soloing. While doing heists solo I've found the Vulcan to be really loving good at just burning down anything; it feels more stable at hitting bulldozers in the faceplate than any LMG, and with Shock And Awe aced I just have to aim down and left on any given shield and i'll kneecap the guy in half a second. I never find it on any list of good weapons, and it seems like the complaint is mostly about its ammo pickup rate. Am I getting an inaccurate impression of its goodness due to playing with 3 bots who don't use ammo? Does it get wasteful when you're playing with other live people?
It'll be a combination of "bots don't pick up ammo" and "one of my bots is giving me +60% ammo pick up" if you're using that ability.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Since the LMG buff the minigun's actually fine to use as a primary even without acing fully loaded. I find it works particularly well for a melee sociopath build where all I really need out of a gun is something to spray constantly while closing to meatfork range.

anime tupac
Oct 25, 2010

I wrote a long post, quoting like 3 people, and then accidentally hit the back button and now it's gone and I am tired so I give up. Anyway, ty to people who answered or responded to my questions

Is there some obviously fastest way to earn offshore cash? I have a crime spree I can finish after I go infamous again, but before that I need like $40m in offshore cash and i'm not used to prioritizing money over exp.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Cook more meth.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Malek posted:

Sorry! A lot of the people in the discord are burnt out at this point I think without a big hook to get them back in.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

anime tupac posted:

I wrote a long post, quoting like 3 people, and then accidentally hit the back button and now it's gone and I am tired so I give up. Anyway, ty to people who answered or responded to my questions

Is there some obviously fastest way to earn offshore cash? I have a crime spree I can finish after I go infamous again, but before that I need like $40m in offshore cash and i'm not used to prioritizing money over exp.

Last time the math was done, I think, Aftershock was the best money/time ratio if you've got a fast crew. ECM rush Shadow Raid is still pretty good too, given the speed, but that requires people to actually coordinate. Beyond that, there's really no way other than 'heist poo poo'. (Good news: you stop needing that after Infamy 5.)

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
No need to be sorry, is what it is.

I got a few friends in the channel and we've been doing a few games. :)

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

The reality is that, in this moment, money payouts are comparatively balanced at the upper end- there isn't a single-all-providing meta. Aftershock has become less appealing due to a wait for the chopper at the end, but it's still very good. Cook-off is now probably one of the best approaches for money with a decent crew- meth remains really valuable per-bag, and being able to leave when you want is a big advantage.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jul 21, 2018

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

If you're gonna use Cookoff to grind money I'd suggest doing it on Mayhem.

With the most recent difficulty changes Mayhem is actually decent now and the loot values lean more towards the Deathwish end.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
The new flamethrower looks like a loving space mosin and I'm not sure if that is good or bad:

Also: It kicks rear end.

anime tupac
Oct 25, 2010

Tempest_56 posted:

Last time the math was done, I think, Aftershock was the best money/time ratio if you've got a fast crew. ECM rush Shadow Raid is still pretty good too, given the speed, but that requires people to actually coordinate. Beyond that, there's really no way other than 'heist poo poo'. (Good news: you stop needing that after Infamy 5.)

ty for the advice, the guys I ordinarily play with are Extremely Busy IRL so I can't ecm rush without a pubstove but Aftershock was one I hadn't thought of and was really lucrative for the time spent.

Here's something else I looked for and for which I found no definitive answers: is there some smartest way to progress through the Infamy grid? I doubt I'll ever get higher than like VI or VII because I don't have the patience for this unless I'm drunkenly failing stealth with my friends, so since I won't be around long enough for all the exp bonuses to accrue, should I just grab a couple +XP things and then focus on the remaining tier-requirement decreases?

anime tupac
Oct 25, 2010

Discendo Vox posted:

The reality is that, in this moment, money payouts are comparatively balanced at the upper end- there isn't a single-all-providing meta. Aftershock has become less appealing due to a wait for the chopper at the end, but it's still very good. Cook-off is now probably one of the best approaches for money with a decent crew- meth remains really valuable per-bag, and being able to leave when you want is a big advantage.

while I'm still waiting for my usual guys to join me, though, I'd have to do Cook Off at lower difficulties, and it feels like it sometimes takes loving forever for Bain to decide to tell me which incorrect chemical to add. Aftershock netted me what felt like a much bigger payday in a similar or shorter time, but I mean, you guys are the experts so maybe it was something about my situation that influenced how profitable it looks from here. I'm mostly on lower difficulties so I guess that makes Cook Off less appealing over time spent? Since every additive is time-gated and I'm making a lot less per bag on Very Hard or whatever?

(when I quit, the best thing to do was arguably Hoxout, and when I was searching for my last offshore dollars I got a shitload of it from that and it was easy and straightforward. The only problem was that I had to spend it listening to Hoxton say things instead of shooting him in the face for being insufferable)

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

anime tupac posted:

Here's something else I looked for and for which I found no definitive answers: is there some smartest way to progress through the Infamy grid? I doubt I'll ever get higher than like VI or VII because I don't have the patience for this unless I'm drunkenly failing stealth with my friends, so since I won't be around long enough for all the exp bonuses to accrue, should I just grab a couple +XP things and then focus on the remaining tier-requirement decreases?

Grab the tier-requirement decreases first, 100%. They make a big difference and are the only things on the infamy grid that are actually worth it. Once you get those the rest is just ways to speed up the grind to making the infamy number bigger.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The infamy masks are neat but I don't use the majority of them outside of the original skill tree related ones. Venger, Heister Sentry and Kamul are the best out of the 2.0 masks IMO.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.
i took one look at that flamethrower and got pissed because despite not even knowing what elon musk's dumb flamethrower looked like, i had a feeling it was that and god drat it it is

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

i took one look at that flamethrower and got pissed because despite not even knowing what elon musk's dumb flamethrower looked like, i had a feeling it was that and god drat it it is

well poo poo now i love it more

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

anime tupac posted:

while I'm still waiting for my usual guys to join me, though, I'd have to do Cook Off at lower difficulties, and it feels like it sometimes takes loving forever for Bain to decide to tell me which incorrect chemical to add. Aftershock netted me what felt like a much bigger payday in a similar or shorter time, but I mean, you guys are the experts so maybe it was something about my situation that influenced how profitable it looks from here. I'm mostly on lower difficulties so I guess that makes Cook Off less appealing over time spent? Since every additive is time-gated and I'm making a lot less per bag on Very Hard or whatever?

Yeah, you've hit the nail on the head.

anime tupac
Oct 25, 2010

Also, to those of you who are familiar with the game's weird backstory involving ancient societies and Akkadian death gods or whatever, I assume there's a reason that the Benevolent Bank logo is basically the Maltese Cross?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

There's also the risk that about half the Cook Offs I've run have fallen victim to someone going "I'm sure we can last for one more trip" and then everybody dies and you lose it all. Non-infinite heists don't have that problem.