Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I’m freaking out at the amount of khantent in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I’m freaking out at the amount of khantent in this game.

getting to velen and expecting it to be maybe a little bigger than white orchard and opening the map screen

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

extremebuff posted:

getting to velen and expecting it to be maybe a little bigger than white orchard and opening the map screen

This but toussaint

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I think making another Witcher game as we know them without Geralt is a bad idea. But a city building/merchant game in Kovir, I think that's the super rich city, would be sick as hell. Gwent would be included too of course.

Or like a straight up detective style game without any combat.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

This but toussaint

I’ve definitely played whole $60 AAA games with less content than Blood and Wine, a $20 DLC.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Id love to see more big budget games where combat wasnt the main focus

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

HORMELCHILI posted:

Id love to see more big budget games where combat wasnt the main focus

*touches you david cagely*

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

elf help book posted:

lmao

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I arrived in Novigrad a day and a half ago and still haven't left it this whole time.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Anyone know offhand what stuff is locked out before the Isle of Mists? I kinda don't feel like doing anymore sidequests right now and wanna move on with the story

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I arrived in Novigrad a day and a half ago and still haven't left it this whole time.

I stayed there for like a week straight lol, Dandelion ftw

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Anyone know offhand what stuff is locked out before the Isle of Mists? I kinda don't feel like doing anymore sidequests right now and wanna move on with the story

kieras sidequest, the guy with the black leather jackets sidequests, and 1 other sidequest involving a guy what looks sort of like lurch. i would google it to be sure though

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

There’s a bunch, all of the important characters’ side quests (Djikstra, Yenn, Dandelion, Triss) and then major arc stuff like the Skellige throne

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

rule of thumb is if it involves story mission people it’s cut off otherwise it’s safe

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

There’s a bunch, all of the important characters’ side quests (Djikstra, Yenn, Dandelion, Triss) and then major arc stuff like the Skellige throne

okay cool, I've done all of those iirc so I'll probably move on after winning this Yu-Gi-Oh tournament

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Ack, hang on.. almonds may be activating.. may need to see to the Question Marks I left behind..

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I think making another Witcher game as we know them without Geralt is a bad idea. But a city building/merchant game in Kovir, I think that's the super rich city, would be sick as hell. Gwent would be included too of course.

Or like a straight up detective style game without any combat.

I've always thought a medieval game where your some type of cop or inspector would be cool.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Loved the mission where you have to act in a play... Think I’ll be heading to Skellige soon, but I’ll miss Novigrad.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Loved the mission where you have to act in a play... Think I’ll be heading to Skellige soon, but I’ll miss Novigrad.

‘Tis our tale’s end, good folk, and the moral is this:

Show love for dopplers, as well as for... fish...

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Finally setting sail to Skellige!

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Finally setting sail to Skellige!

Wish I had more Witcher time.. you're definitely gonna pass me dude lol

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

The Witching Hours

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

AbusePuppy posted:

This is true, but also extremely wrong. Yennefer is a horrible, thoughtless bitch and you should kick her to the curb as soon as possible because Triss is actually a good person who isn't accidentally ruining the world for no reason.

HORMELCHILI posted:

you are definitely a beta if you pick Triss

A beta with stockholm syndrome.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Whoever chooses Triss as a wife has brain problems for real.

Now that that's out of the way, this thread rocks and I'm enjoying reading all the posts from you losers who haven't finished TW3 yet!! Making me want to start it up again, but I should instead finally play through 1 and 2 b/c I love the books but never got a chance to play those ones. Which worked out I guess b/c 3 is way more a sequel to the books than a sequel to TW1 and 2 from what I hear? Like, main story wise anyway. There's no Yen and Ciri in 1 and 2 right, since Geralt is all amnesia'd and Triss is living her Single White Female fantasy.

lmfao gets me every time

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The always-first-person stuff in 2077 is the only thing that really pisses me off since I was looking forward to collecting lots of neat cyberpunk outfits and cosmetics.

I was worried about this 'til I realized it means whenever I upgrade my eyes I'll actually see the changes. That poo poo is going to be so tight, so if it's all first person but dialogue is in third I'm down.

Also thirding?? fourthing?? fifthing?? that the Keira quest in the dungeon where you fight the wild hunt dude sucks. I went into it not expecting it to be so long and by the end I had zero healing so I just let Keira more or less fight him on her own lmfao. I remember putting the game down for a few weeks in the middle of that quest, and when I finally did come back and finish it I didn't put the game down again til I'd sank weeks into it and finished the main quest and most of B&W.

goddamn Witcher 3 is so loving good

esperterra fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Jul 19, 2018

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

If Eva Green doesn't play Yen in the Netflix Witcher show then they've made a huge mistake btw

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm home and will likely call in sick tomorrow so I'm gonna try getting some Witchering done between carving out the porcelain with highly pressured diarrhea and puking.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was going to play witcher today but instead I beat path a of nier automata and had a lot of fun. Cool game

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Just found out there's an unfixable bug if you bought the dlc separate from the main game, making it impossible to get wolf school gear. Good to know I paid extra for content I can't even access :downsbravo:

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

That sucks. Hope you feel better and the game unfucks itself.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Just found out there's an unfixable bug if you bought the dlc separate from the main game, making it impossible to get wolf school gear. Good to know I paid extra for content I can't even access :downsbravo:

thats the only witcher set i like too. but i think you can get the best level of wolf gear (dlc quest) without having the regular set at least

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I wish the heart of stone gear was upgradable like witcher schools are because I enjoy geralt walking around like a satined out Nigerian prince.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Sharkopath posted:

I wish the heart of stone gear was upgradable like witcher schools are because I enjoy geralt walking around like a satined out Nigerian prince.

I kept his red robe throughout the blood and wine dlc despite finding a bunch of upgrades.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I hope that you get the armor you seek.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Riding through rainy Ard Skellig, with a nice rain outside and a mug of Guatemalan coffee in m’hand... ahh, :cool::coffee:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

tao of lmao posted:

I kept his red robe throughout the blood and wine dlc despite finding a bunch of upgrades.

The kind olgierd wears? Yeah it's one of the best looks in the game.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I'm bouncing up and down cause I want to talk about the dlc but I'd rather wait until more people get there.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Larry Parrish posted:

I was going to play witcher today but instead I beat path a of nier automata and had a lot of fun. Cool game

Oh man it's so good. Instantly ascended into my favorites of all time when I finished it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Decided to upgrade cat gear for now, and the stats make more sense considering what I'm speccing towards. The twirly move is hella silly lol, not sure how useful it's going to be but we'll see. Enhanced cat gear adds sleeves to the armor which was kind of a bummer. I liked rolled up Marlboro sleeve Geralt

• Locked thread