Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Calibanibal posted:

this thread may be nice to you, but they harrass me everbtime i post, and often even when im not posting

you're a good poster, Calibanibal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

quote:

Illinois Rep. Cheri Bustos, who serves as co-chair of the Democratic Policy and Communications Committee, told CNN of the new motto, "What we're saying to them is that Democrats hear you, we agree with you and we are fighting for the people each and every day. President Trump and Washington Republicans promised they'd fix these problems. Instead, the lobby of the Trump hotel in Washington is filled with lobbyists and special interests who are writing the rules to enrich themselves. We think it's time for a real change, so we can get government to work for the people once again."

Of the People
By the People

For the People

Love to imply the Democratic Party isn't Of or By the people.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
How about we make sure government is Of the people, shaped By the people, and then the result of the government acting For the people will happen naturally

Nah lets just spring bullshit flower words cus we know better than the people, so we can most effectively do things for them

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

basic hitler posted:

I know posting about posting is frowned upon but while i miss the gbs thread greatly this place is way nicer and feels like i never left home in a lot of respects. Its cool and i like it. Thats all and if i eat poo poo for saying this i understand.

welcome friend

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

basic hitler posted:

I know posting about posting is frowned upon but while i miss the gbs thread greatly this place is way nicer and feels like i never left home in a lot of respects. Its cool and i like it. Thats all and if i eat poo poo for saying this i understand.

:justpost: about :justpost:ing

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

gradenko_2000 posted:

Thx comrade

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

ThndrShk2k posted:

Of the People
By the People

For the People

Love to imply the Democratic Party isn't Of or By the people.
they're gonna trot this stupid poo poo slogan out but it's going to have the exact same policies again as the Better Deal and the democrats are going to get news articles written about them complaining about the news not covering their stupid brain worms policies again

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i enjoy Calibanibal's posts and his avatar

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 25 days!)

I'm the mastermind behind the troll Calibanibal conspiracy, but don't tell him

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

gradenko_2000 posted:

there is no such thing, as a 'good poster'

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Hostess Snack Cake posted:

there is no such thing, as a 'good poster anime'

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
lol there is a movie called shock and awe about knight ridder or something supposedly uncovering the bush wmd lie

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

"we're capitalists and that's just the way it is"

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
took a mothafukin genius to see that the intelligence agencies and president lied

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Corky Romanovsky posted:

lol there is a movie called shock and awe about knight ridder or something supposedly uncovering the bush wmd lie

there's also a matt damon movie about this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6VonGTE3po

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
everytime i see hillarys weird outfits i come to the realization if she had dressed as a cyberpunk mobster instead of moonbase ambassador she definitely would have won no problem

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
not being a bland focus grouped piece of poo poo would definitely help yeah

by the way speaking of focus groups, i saw libs use "this is focus grouped" as defense of that lovely new slogan

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

ThndrShk2k posted:

How about we make sure government is Of the people, shaped By the people, and then the result of the government acting For the people will happen naturally

Nah lets just spring bullshit flower words cus we know better than the people, so we can most effectively do things for them

democrats without power: we are one of you, we shall join you in this fight fellow warrior of the people

democrats after taking power: who are you again, jeeves i have told you thousand times to not let the riffraff enter my vision

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Homeless Friend posted:

everytime i see hillarys weird outfits i come to the realization if she had dressed as a cyberpunk mobster instead of moonbase ambassador she definitely would have won no problem

loving Batman-and-Robin-Joel-loving-Schumacher-rear end Aesthetic

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
interesting

https://twitter.com/CathyMyersWI/status/1019577277229752320

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Article doesn't really give a reason to link the two totals other than the lawyer being a standard lawyer for campaign finance issues, and the totals both had 73 cents.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

they did the same thing to this one guy in jersey and it wasnt a big deal then, just some stupid bullshit that actually made sense in context

also im not clicking that link and finding out its well researched and that im wrong.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Yeah, probably nothing considering the law firm does Democratic party business and Randy is running as a Democrat. More the mudslinging might be kicking up.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Corky Romanovsky posted:

I can’t believe are govt would lie to the media. I can’t believe are media would just echo the lies verbatim. im glad there are BRAVE HEROES around to uncover the truth. oh wait we still killed like a million people in Iraq. hope we got the oil at least

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Gotta make sure we focus like a laser beam on this $5,000 sum in the era of 1.5 billion dollar campaigns.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Rated PG-34 posted:

I can’t believe are govt would lie to the media. I can’t believe are media would just echo the lies verbatim. im glad there are BRAVE HEROES around to uncover the truth. oh wait we still killed like a million people in Iraq. hope we got the oil at least

if we did, why the h*ck is has almost $3/gallon

also I remember when an oil company executive was doing an interview somewhere and was talking about influxes of new American oil and got asked "if that's the case, why is gas still going up in price?" The guy started rambling about oh, well, you know, profits are actually down for oil companies for reasons

And the interviewer just straight up said "given that I can look right now at BP and see their net profits are higher now than ever before, I'm not sure how you can make the case that company earnings are going down" and the executive got all huffy and butthurt

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Over Easy posted:

Gotta make sure we focus like a laser beam on this $5,000 sum in the era of 1.5 billion dollar campaigns.

Since he’s a lefti leaning democrat we’re gonna have to throw the book at him.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
https://twitter.com/NewYorkStateAG/...d-high-taxes%2F

the 1% have a constitutional right to be reimbursed our high state taxes!

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Mnoba posted:

https://twitter.com/NewYorkStateAG/...d-high-taxes%2F

the 1% have a constitutional right to be reimbursed our high state taxes!

I'm eagerly awaiting to see how much I get hosed on my tax return since I used a bunch of HSA money and medical bills can no longer be claimed lol

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Skypie posted:

I'm eagerly awaiting to see how much I get hosed on my tax return since I used a bunch of HSA money and medical bills can no longer be claimed lol

lmao owned you sick idiot

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/theintercept/status/1019641995868991488

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

freckle posted:

lmao owned you sick idiot

It wasn't even for me lol it was for my fiancee cuz she had to have surgery in 2017 and I decided to just wipe out the bills from it

lmao just lmao if you're American and need health care

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Corky Romanovsky posted:

remember when obama was caught on tape telling the russian ambassador that he needs to keep up appearances now and will have more leeway after the 2012 election

No, linku

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

comedyblissoption posted:

they're gonna trot this stupid poo poo slogan out but it's going to have the exact same policies again as the Better Deal and the democrats are going to get news articles written about them complaining about the news not covering their stupid brain worms policies again

The email survey I got from the state democratic party about issues this week was definitely the exact same stuff as the 'Better Deal' with 'access to healthcare' being the #1 thing to tick as a thing they should care about. There were no actual leftist options or even a place to put other issues.

They also asked me for $27 because they aren't capable of coming up with their own ideas.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Homeless Friend posted:

I disagree. Dressing like a space chancellor was something she did very well. A+++ would ask her look pensive about the crisis in the Alpha Quandrant any time.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Thoguh posted:

I disagree. Dressing like a space chancellor was something she did very well. A+++ would ask her look pensive about the crisis in the Alpha Quandrant any time.

Every time a politician or especially ambassador shows up in Star Trek they're a villain and/or a complete idiot rear end in a top hat that needs to be constantly bailed out by Starfleet and the godlike alien of the week

I think the alien President of the Federation showed up briefly in DS9 and he seemed reasonable enough tho.

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsFR8DbSRQE

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/obama-more-flexibility-russia/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Every time a politician or especially ambassador shows up in Star Trek they're a villain and/or a complete idiot rear end in a top hat that needs to be constantly bailed out by Starfleet and the godlike alien of the week

I think the alien President of the Federation showed up briefly in DS9 and he seemed reasonable enough tho.

I am going to be honest, I watched through the 2-parter where the Changelings invaded Earth and a coup was attempted by a Starfleet admiral by faking the appearance of a cloaked fleet of enemy ships coming through the wormhole by setting it up to open and close automatically and they had me all "marital law? well I dunno" 'til the second half where they did the "surprise! if you fell for this you might want to re-evalulate yourself" reveal