Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I'm not sure if it's an evolution so much as him losing control of the body fire and then slowly dying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Azza Bamboo posted:

I'm not sure if it's an evolution so much as him losing control of the body fire and then slowly dying.

Given how incredibly hosed up some pokemon actually are according to the pokedex, it's not like that'd be very strange.

Alloran
Dec 30, 2014

I think this line is mostly filler.
I just reread Uranium on the archives and this game makes me long for the reasonable incomprehensibility of that game as opposed to..... whatever this mess of a game is. Godspeed OFS.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Alloran posted:

I just reread Uranium on the archives and this game makes me long for the reasonable incomprehensibility of that game as opposed to..... whatever this mess of a game is. Godspeed OFS.
At least Uranium was actually structured like a Pokemon game, with the odd losing access to a route or town because of ~radiation~ aside.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Azza Bamboo posted:

You've basically summed up 70% of the Mega Evolution pokedex entries from (U)SM.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Yeah that M-Typhlosion looks pretty great. Though it helps that the cyndaquil line is/was/has been one of my favorites.

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

Those same guys also made a mega-dugtrio...

(Yes, seriously)

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Now I kinda want OFS to dump this garbage fire of a game and play insurgence, where there's a ton of poo poo to mock but it also has a few cool things going for it.
Also: far less morally objectionable.

Arkanian posted:

(Yes, seriously)

I am getting the impression that you feel they should be ashamed of this glorious monument to the Pokemon I used to punk out Sabrina in Gen 1.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Arkanian posted:

(Yes, seriously)
My only complaint is that perspective implies the ones in the back are super tall, but the bits of dirt from the shameless copy-pasting imply the swarm is wide, not tall.

My verisimilitude! :argh:

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Arkanian posted:

(Yes, seriously)

This fuckin owns

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Arkanian posted:

(Yes, seriously)

Not seeing how this is a bad thing.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

PMush Perfect posted:

My only complaint is that perspective implies the ones in the back are super tall, but the bits of dirt from the shameless copy-pasting imply the swarm is wide, not tall.

My verisimilitude! :argh:

Just pretend they're on a hillside. It's the only way the image works.
And that's FINE.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Hey that mega bisharp looks pretty inter

No

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Kurieg posted:

No

"Look at its BST! It's fiiiiiine."

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

ChrisBTY posted:

Now I kinda want OFS to dump this garbage fire of a game and play insurgence, where there's a ton of poo poo to mock but it also has a few cool things going for it.
Also: far less morally objectionable.

I don't want him to dump Reborn because I wanna experience it without having to play it myself, but I will second the vote of him playing Insurgence at some point.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
It should be called clusterdug

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Kurieg posted:

No

holy gently caress

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

Dragonatrix posted:

Not seeing how this is a bad thing.

Not saying it is. I just felt it was too hilarious not to bring in to the conversation at some point (and also felt the need for a disclaimer that no, this is not a joke).

Kurieg posted:

No

Meanwhile, M-Dugtrio gets 100 added to his attack and absolutely zero other changes.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Arkanian posted:

(Yes, seriously)

That actually works pretty well, not going to lie.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Insurgence also has Mega Donphan with the ability to ignore any and all type based immunities.

It's called Irrelephant.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Kurieg posted:

Insurgence also has Mega Donphan with the ability to ignore any and all type based immunities.

It's called Irrelephant.
Okay I'm willing to let that one slide.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Kurieg posted:

It's called Irrelephant.

That's beautiful. :allears:

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

Kurieg posted:

It's called Irrelephant.
This actually sounds like the type of pun Game Freak would put in.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Also: Insurgence's Mega Bisharp is something approaching balanced compared to Zeta Omicron's.

+20 attack, +25 Def, +15 SpDef, +35 Speed.

Conversely All Of These Exist

That is apparently Delta Quagsire.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Kurieg posted:

It's called Irrelephant.

Not even lying, that's amazing and I laughed heartily.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Pokemon Insurgence seems like it could be pretty cool if all the needless edginess was tuned the heck down.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Kurieg posted:

Also: Insurgence's Mega Bisharp is something approaching balanced compared to Zeta Omicron's.

+20 attack, +25 Def, +15 SpDef, +35 Speed.

Conversely All Of These Exist

That is apparently Delta Quagsire.

Man, the designs there really range from 'kinda cool', to 'lovely spritework' to ':effort: recolor'

Honey Glalie and Rocket Vespiquen own tho

Zore fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jul 19, 2018

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

And several of them are "making a pokemon to fit a type combination" Rather than the other way around.

Cockatrice Pidgeot is pretty cool.

Sea Torterra is pretty cool.

Even if the design isn't terrible, why is the Ralts line Electric/Ice? There's nothing thematic about this really.

This is a Steel/Poison Luxray. Why?

Behold, Flying/Fairy Raichu. Why?

Zore posted:

Honey Glalie and Rocket Vespiquen own tho

It's not Honey Glalie, it's lava Glalie

This is when it mega evolves.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Were the people behind insurgence aware that Delta Species pokemon were at most were slightly recolored? Or did they not care?

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Kurieg posted:

This is a Steel/Poison Luxray. Why?

No, this is someone's Original Character Do Not Steal. With Elvis' wig for some reason.

Epicmissingno
Jul 1, 2017

Thank gooness we all get along so well!

Omnicrom posted:

Were the people behind insurgence aware that Delta Species pokemon were at most were slightly recolored? Or did they not care?

I don't think they really cared, although I honestly don't blame them. It's a good idea to denote something having a different type visually in some way, otherwise how's the player to know that what they're fighting is different in any way from every other Pokemon of that species? Besides, Insurgence was around before Sun and Moon, so regional forms (which these basically are) weren't a thing yet.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Kurieg posted:

It's not Honey Glalie, it's lava Glalie

This is when it mega evolves.

You're supposed to provide some evidence in support of your argument when you make a claim like "it's lava, not honey".

Explopyro
Mar 18, 2018

I spent some time looking through the mega evolutions and "Delta" forms on that Insurgence page yesterday, and honestly I still don't know what to make of them. There are definitely a handful of decent ideas and designs in there, and clearly a lot of effort was put in (do they seriously have a delta for every single pokemon species?!), but so much more of it seems just to be edge for edge's sake and/or cringe-inducingly bad. I think it has less restraint than Uranium did.

(Admittedly, I do think they made some cute jokes. Irrelephant has already been mentioned, but did anyone see the mega stone they made for Girafarig? It's called Etigirafarigite.)

And just like Uranium, they seem to have no sense of game balance.

Did you see the mega eevee form? (whyyyy) As my partner pointed out when I showed it to her, it looks like it got tangled in fairy lights. And its ability is "Protean Maxima" which literally changes it into any evolved form when it uses a move of that type. I guess on some level it's a cute idea (and plays in the same space as some eevee characters in the manga, I think?), but it seems incredibly bizarre gameplay-wise and just utterly unnecessary, and it also means they added move tutors so that eevee can learn top-tier moves from all of its evolutions' types. Sure, why not, I'll take a Jolteon with Surf and Moonblast or whatever, that can't possibly be a bad idea at all!

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I don't like most of these but I like the weird ruin-based ones. Could have made that a weird theme or something in the story. Just do something other than randomly type-swapping 50 pokemon, Alola was way sparer with Alolan forms for good reason.

The worst ones are where they've got two different Delta lines for an evolutionary line because two different people had two different ideas so ofc BOTH have to be implemented, like so.

EDIT: Significantly trimmed images, sorry everyone.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

this owns though

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

GeneX posted:

this owns though
It does and I like the berry bush one too but having both is dumb.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

GeneX posted:

this owns though

Counterpoint:

:gonk:

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Kurieg posted:

Counterpoint:

:gonk:

Dear loving Christ :wtc:

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Its limbs look like that weird Chilli Homer ate on that one episode of The Simpsons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

That is Mega Delta Metagross (Spider), the counterpart to Delta Metagross(Ruin) that someone else posted already.