Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Gave it a quick watch. More fluff. Some "gameplay". Hype. Some pretty shots. Nothing new or revolutionary, a lot of bog standard FPS with some terrible lag in places.

In short, pretty standard ATV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

My god, all those deleted posts (if you go look at the current state of the thread).

Looks like they must have dogpiled beet with insults and the mods had to step in to slap down some cultists.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Those last few minutes were pure cringe. "Watch ship shape live, ask questions and maybe get answers, it'll be like being live at a ship launch"

YAY, live for a jpeg reveal :shrug:

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Agony Aunt posted:

My god, all those deleted posts (if you go look at the current state of the thread).

Looks like they must have dogpiled beet with insults and the mods had to step in to slap down some cultists.

https://www.removeddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/8zxkz9/court_denies_star_citizen_backers_4500_refund/e2mobrk/

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

chaosapiant posted:

That's kinda my original point. If you're asking at all where someone got their money, then you don't know. As safe as the assumption may be, it's still an assumption and I just can't imagine anyone caring enough to even follow Chris on twitter and then go "see? he's partying and he's a fraud: here's proof!" I also didn't back SC and have no dog in this race. I'm just tagging along for the juicy drama. I'm just trying to separate the "real" drama like the refund case and the jpeg sales vs the fake/overblown poo poo people just latch onto to be angry about.

First thing he did when the Kickstarter succeeded was to pay himself 2 years’ worth of salary. First thing, with zero real work done.

2 years of CEO pay.

Is a pattern emerging?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Drunk Theory posted:

You've made it big Beet Wagon. You truly are the chosen Cockroach King.

I don't like him very much. He's never made those red beet eggs I told him about.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Deadguy2322 posted:

First thing he did when the Kickstarter succeeded was to pay himself 2 years’ worth of salary. First thing, with zero real work done.

2 years of CEO pay.

Is a pattern emerging?

If that's provably true then yea, that is lovely and deserves to be derided. This is why I asked my original question: to see if it was as petty as it seemed on the surface or if there was a proven and traceable misappropriation of funds.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

chaosapiant posted:

If that's provably true then yea, that is lovely and deserves to be derided. This is why I asked my original question: to see if it was as petty as it seemed on the surface or if there was a proven and traceable misappropriation of funds.

I'm not sure but I think I remember Chris paying himself backpay as something he fully admitted to. The Chris Roberts story is basically about how he feels he's owed everything he's taken.

Not that he's earned it - that he's owed it for "who he is."

Some of the biggest trouble coming down the pike for CIG is related to his misappropriation, beyond anything we've joked about in this thread like coffee machines, space doors, and vacations.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Beet Wagon posted:

Excited for the “combat medic” variant which is just a Hornet with one of those old WWII helmets with a Red Cross stenciled on it

Daztek posted:

here's the new jpeg, the RSI Apollo

gently caress I was so close

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

XK posted:

I don't like him very much. He's never made those red beet eggs I told him about.

So, I actually did put some hardboiled eggs in pickled beet juice but I didn't leave them in long enough and I ended up having like... slightly pink hardboiled eggs. When I empty this next can of pickled beets I'm gonna try it again though

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Beet Wagon posted:

So, I actually did put some hardboiled eggs in pickled beet juice but I didn't leave them in long enough and I ended up having like... slightly pink hardboiled eggs. When I empty this next can of pickled beets I'm gonna try it again though

So Beets aren't just your screenname, they are a hobby? A real hobby is beets?

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Daztek posted:

That looks just like a ship from Gratuitous Space Battles

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

chaosapiant posted:

He straight out said he and the rest of the executive team all took 2 years’ pay off the top in one of the early company videos, it’s out there and established as recorded history. Finding that out was what parked me firmly in the “SC is a total scam” camp.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

With a Rebel Yela
Pledge more, more, more

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Daztek posted:

It will be interesting to hear about the Tier Zero Medical Mechanics... (it’s the medical ship, right?)

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

hot balls man no homo posted:

With a Rebel Yela
Pledge more, more, more

Buy an Idris babe
And pledge more, more, more.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Beet Wagon posted:

I haven't made them in a while, but I'll try to remember.

Canned sliced red beets (15 oz, not pre pickled), about a can per 6 eggs. You want plentiful beets with your eggs. Half cup of apple cider vinegar per can. 1/2-1 tsp salt per can of beets, per your taste. Many recipes call for sugar, but I leave it out, not a sugar guy, and beets have plenty of sugar. Slices of onion and cracked pepper are optional.

Make your hard boiled eggs. Get them peeled and ready.

Bring your beets, including all the liquid in the can, vinegar, salt, onions, pepper, sugar to a boil. Make sure the obvious things are dissolved.

Dump everything together in a big container with a lid, make sure the eggs are fully covered, add some extra boiled water if necessary, refrigerate. Leave alone for at least 3 days.

Don't do anything like pierce the eggs, so as to avoid botulism.

Enjoy that poo poo.

Goes great alongside coleslaw, with ham, chicken, turkey, etc.

Good for a quick breakfast all on their own. I like eating them with smoked kippers, but I'm a bit weird.

And, in case it isn't obvious, you eat the beet slices with the eggs. Never separate.

XK fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jul 19, 2018

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Daztek posted:

That somehow evokes "bug". Like a cockroach or something.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Quavers posted:

Dated June 29, 2016: "Early alpha modules for the game have been released to the backer community since 2013 - since our last major release in Dec 2015 alone, 300,000 backers have enjoyed 1.5 million hours of gameplay with these early game modules"

Average time per backer = 5hr over 6.5 month period, or 2 minutes per day

Imagine having sunk hundreds if not thousands of dollars into the game and playing ~5 hours every 6 months.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Daztek posted:

That's a $425 JPEG if I have ever seen one. And I have seen many.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

This bastard is shaping up to being $600.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/07/19/space-engineers-overhauls-multiplayer/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVPbVBLRBrY

Star Citizen owned yet again

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

G0RF posted:

It will be interesting to hear about the Tier Zero Medical Mechanics... (it’s the medical ship, right?)

:laffo: if you think CIG can come up with gameplay mechanics as deep as those in Operation.

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

I’m in a discord with a rabid SC cultist and was talking about putting up a Space Engineers server for people to play on. He immediately threatened to try and crash it in order to prove that Space Engineers isn’t as good as Star Citizen and is the more ambitious and unrealistic of the two lol.

He’s legit mad as hell that another game is doing a better than SC.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Viscous Soda posted:

That somehow evokes "bug". Like a cockroach or something.

Blattidae Rex.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

SJW cucks destroying my space game :argh:

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Scruffpuff posted:

:laffo: if you think CIG can come up with gameplay mechanics as deep as those in Operation.

I think they already accomplished this game, but they replaced all the injury/malady tokens with wads of cash and backer credit cards.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Colostomy Bag posted:

This bastard is shaping up to being $600.

Heck yeah, you know how FDA certification jacks up the price of anything, so I'm guessing $1100. $1000 Warbond.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

chaosapiant posted:

So Beets aren't just your screenname, they are a hobby? A real hobby is beets?

gently caress yeah dude beets own. I pickle up big batches of them like four times a year, and sometimes just roast 'em for salad or soup or just to eat. Love beets. Gonna put in a raised planter and try growing some at some point.

XK posted:

I haven't made them in a while, but I'll try to remember.

Canned sliced red beets (15 oz, not pre pickled), about a can per 6 eggs. You want plentiful beets with your eggs. Half cup of apple cider vinegar per can. 1/2-1 tsp salt per can of beets, per your taste. Many recipes call for sugar, but I leave it out, not a sugar guy, and beets have plenty of sugar. Slices of onion and cracked pepper are optional.

Make your hard boiled eggs. Get them peeled and ready.

Bring your beets, including all the liquid in the can, vinegar, salt, onions, pepper, sugar to a boil. Make sure the obvious things are dissolved.

Dump everything together in a big container with a lid, make sure the eggs are fully covered, refrigerate. Leave alone for at least 3 days.

Don't do anything like pierce the eggs, so as to avoid botulism.

Enjoy that poo poo.

Goes great alongside coleslaw, with ham, chicken, turkey, etc.

Good for a quick breakfast all on their own. I like eating them with smoked kippers, but I'm a bit weird.

And, in case it isn't obvious, you eat the beet slices with the eggs. Never separate.

Hell yeah thanks for the reminder. Next time I do a batch I'll pickle some extra for eggs.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Beet Wagon posted:

Hell yeah thanks for the reminder. Next time I do a batch I'll pickle some extra for eggs.

Pickle them with the eggs. You don't add already pickled beets to eggs.

Happy brown pissing and scary looking poops.

mmmm

XK fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jul 19, 2018

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

XK posted:

Pickle them with the eggs. You don't add already pickled beets to eggs.

Happy brown pissing and scary looking poops.

mmmm

:stare:

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

If all that is too much trouble to get red eggs, you can do what some in Alabama and Mississippi do, and soak them in red kool-aid.

Never been brave enough to taste them.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Golli posted:

If all that is too much trouble to get red eggs, you can do what some in Alabama and Mississippi do, and soak them in red kool-aid.

It's a Pennsylvania Dutch thing. You wouldn't understand.

They're fantastic. It's a cultural food.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Oh, yeah, top off with boiled water if you need a little extra liquid to cover.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

chaosapiant posted:

Welcome to a thread where you see goons shrieking, throwing poo poo and rubbing reddit posts on their face with the slowly dawning horror it is all justified by how crap Star Citizen is.

Except the one or two weirdos who want to talk about... Well, you'll see next time it comes around. Ugh.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

XK posted:

Pickled eggs (w beets) sound delicious. Syrup-infused eggs, gross.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

XK posted:

Mild overlap with https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kedgeree

Pickled eggs are bar food in the UK, chippies usually have a jar or two.

Hav fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jul 19, 2018

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Golli posted:

Pickled eggs (w beets) sound delicious. Syrup-infused eggs, gross.

I leave out the sugar because beets are sweet enough already. They sell red beet eggs at grocery stores here, I buy them sometimes, but I find they are too sweet, because they can't help but to add sugar.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

We do need to get back to some recipes in here. I've done my part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Golli posted:

Jim Jones method. Seems apropos for this here thread.