Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Oh cool, smiling fascism. Literally.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
God bless our faceless stormtroopers. They're not real people anyway and also I support are troops.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

Oh cool, smiling fascism. Literally.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uvd68ovD68s&t=345s

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Jane Fonda really hosed this country up with the troops with that whole babykiller gimmick in Vietnam.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
At least all the replies after that are making GBS threads on the army.

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Zzulu posted:

Jesus christ america lol

Paradoxically this homeless situation in orange county happened not because of bad policies, but because of good policies that tolerated so many homeless living in such a wealthy area. In a less progressive area there wouldn't be any homeless because there would be laws making it illegal for the homeless to live there.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

That's the spirit! Individual ingenuity. Like that homeless guy making souvenirs out of trash to sell. No whining, just taking initiative either to help yourself or others

using that tiny golden shovel to teaspoon away poo poo
it falls by the ton onto my head
no matter how hard I work
I am still covered in poo poo

namaste

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

qkkl posted:

Paradoxically this homeless situation in orange county happened not because of bad policies, but because of good policies that tolerated so many homeless living in such a wealthy area. In a less progressive area there wouldn't be any homeless because there would be laws making it illegal for the homeless to live there.

They kicked them all out because many of them were stealing bikes, hoarding garbage, and leaving needles all over the place. And their odors were wafting into local neighborhoods.

Also the less progressive areas like Nevada and mid-west states often give their homeless one way bus tickets out of town to California.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
orange county should be burned to the ground

quote:

good policies that tolerated so many homeless living in such a wealthy area

lol

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

nooner hotel is suprisingly mean :(

Hammerite posted:

lol

I'm sorry, your profile was interesting but I only date people with a rep of at least 4.60. Try levelling up and get back to me in a month

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

comedyblissoption posted:

In order for this to be a feel good story that can be aired on Good Morning America, Americans have to be widely ignorant about the US having one of the worst set of maternity leave laws in the entire world.

What do they want? Obedient Workers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsL6mKxtOlQ

And that's the way we like it. gently caress having benefits like sick time, vacation time, and paid maternity leave. If we give people those things then prices will go up to match how much more they're spending on employees.

-things my old Walmart coworkers actually believed

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

qkkl posted:

And like magic, there would be no homelessness.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

qkkl posted:

I think the goal should probably be to eliminate homelessness not make it a preferred living arrangement

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

g0lbez posted:

I think the goal should probably be to eliminate homelessness not make it a preferred living arrangement

Eliminate the homeless you say?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

😖uwu we did a widdle fucky-wucky in My Lai sowwy 😱

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Crosspostin' from yospos:

Shame Boy has issued a correction as of 23:33 on Jul 19, 2018

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
https://twitter.com/FT/status/1020075779521204224?s=19

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

I mean it was technically correct the first time too

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

LGD posted:

I mean it was technically correct the first time too

I should have labeled it NWS. That's obscene. gently caress.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Rise up and literally cook and eat anyone earning more than $1mil a year*. Sure a few decent people will go down but show me any conflict without collateral damage.

*And anyone defending them.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Outrail posted:

I missed some of the thread, but what did we agree on regarding eating the rich?

Assuming it's the entirety of the 1% and their lackys thats what 2 per 100 people so there should be plenty to go round.

Slow braised brisket with saffron and sage sauce and gold leaf encrusted baby potatoes okay with everyone?

We should also do some pulled pork hogies for the kids and people who turn up late.

facefuck the rich before you eat them plz

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

facefuck the rich before you eat them plz

Please don't contaminate the food source

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
less cannabalistic fantasies more hilariously dark photoshops

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

ate all the Oreos posted:

Crosspostin' from yospos:
lmao

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

g0lbez posted:

less cannabalistic fantasies more hilariously dark photoshops

"photoshops"? unsure if you "get" this thread

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene
I'm reminded of people who tear anticapitalist message banksys out (bricks and all) and sell them on eBay (for half a million pounds).

https://www.cnn.com/2013/02/22/world/europe/street-art-auction/index.html

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
Banksy Does New York is very much in the spirit of this thread

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

FogHelmut posted:

Jane Fonda really hosed this country up with the troops with that whole babykiller gimmick in Vietnam.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

https://twitter.com/LargeBeer/status/1019267759203667968?s=19

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

comedyblissoption posted:

In order for this to be a feel good story that can be aired on Good Morning America, Americans have to be widely ignorant about the US having one of the worst set of maternity leave laws in the entire world.

What do they want? Obedient Workers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsL6mKxtOlQ

What do you mean "one of the worst set of maternity leave laws"? You don't have maternity leave, period. You're one of three countries in the world that don't and all three are third world countries.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Elman posted:

What do you mean "one of the worst set of maternity leave laws"? You don't have maternity leave, period. You're one of three countries in the world that don't and all three are third world countries.

look, if having a baby is right for my company then it'll work out, and if not we always have shareholder value to nurture and grow

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

bag em and tag em posted:

look, if having a baby is right for my company then it'll work out, and if not we always have shareholder value to nurture and grow

Babies are a great investment, they're the workforce of the future!

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

Obviously the solution is to make the baby work the equivalent number of months for free once it grows up.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N0iZGMXpquQ
💵 AUTOMATIC 💵

💵 SYSTEMATIC 💵

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

All I can see is

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

’homeless camp’ is a euphemism, this is a shanty town

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

The pigeons just let themselves get run over instead of continuing to live in the hellscape that is America.

e; noticed the bike helmet later on. My bad.

School Nickname has issued a correction as of 10:21 on Jul 20, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Elman posted:

quote:

The Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993 (or FMLA), signed into law during President Bill Clinton's first term, mandates a minimum of 12 weeks unpaid leave to mothers for the purpose of attending to a newborn or newly adopted child.[8] However, the act does not attain universal coverage as it includes several limiting stipulations. In order to receive maternity leave, employees must work in a firm of 50 or more employees, maintain employment with the same business for 12 months and have accumulated at least 1,250 working hours over those 12 months. As of 2012, 59% of American employees were eligible under the FMLA.[9]
idk if workers generally have any idea that they are even federally entitled to this pittance