Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Bogart posted:

AS owns. The extra spin might be superior but being able to empower the Phase Bomb and delete minion waves is so good.

His waveclear is already decent, I want to try it but I can't help myself - +30% damage is too appealing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

I used to go exclusively Q build but switched to exclusively arsenal synergy. AS helps secure kills better. And you can hit the wall while someone is retreating and kill them with huge splash damage which is always hilarious.

Pros seem to think AS is better but they both seem pretty viable to me.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Butter Hole posted:

guys help, i can't stop playing fenix with arsenal synergy

the "BEEP!" followed by fat balls of AOE is so satisfying
The standard fenix build at HGC is:

1: Arsenal Synergy
4: Target Acquired
7: Combat Advantage
10: Purification Salvo
13: Auxiliary Shields
16: Offensive Cadence or Photonic Weaponry
20: Unconquered spirit

So you slow someone with your Q, stay on their rear end with Target Acquired, and just when they think they've gotten away BIG BOOP.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Gobbeldygook posted:

The standard fenix build at HGC is:

1: Arsenal Synergy
4: Target Acquired
7: Combat Advantage
10: Purification Salvo
13: Auxiliary Shields
16: Offensive Cadence or Photonic Weaponry
20: Unconquered spirit

So you slow someone with your Q, stay on their rear end down with Target Acquired, and just when they think they've gotten away BIG BOOP.

That's what I do pretty much, but I'll take singluarity charge if i'm not dying. 1v1 this build just destroys people. Sometimes I get a little zealous trying to get the AS charge tho and get blown up tho

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
I have come to the conclusion that shotcalling wins games.

https://i.imgur.com/l3Xyr0N.jpg

We should've lost this. Chromie couldn't land abilities and never finished her quests.

https://i.imgur.com/zZHsdQ3.png

Edit: she finished her W quest, but we ended with 42 q stacks. She splitpushed quite a bit which is why her siege is so high.

lucifirius fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jul 20, 2018

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
maybe i'm weird but i always try to find an excuse to pick planet cracker as fenix, and my excuse is typically "we have any kind of cc that can hit more than one person at a time"

yeah, purification barrage can't miss, but the damage on it feels so anemic

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

President Ark posted:

maybe i'm weird but i always try to find an excuse to pick planet cracker as fenix, and my excuse is typically "we have any kind of cc that can hit more than one person at a time"

yeah, purification barrage can't miss, but the damage on it feels so anemic

Planet cracker is kinda OK on Braxis Holdout.
https://clips.twitch.tv/DifficultKindOkapiDBstyle

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
The best thing to do with Planet Cracker is use it to cut off your opponent's retreats (or keep them from chasing a friend). If you can actually kill someone with it, more power to you, but in my opinion its main purpose is drawing a line.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

:asoiaf:

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

New Jimbo is real fun.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

DVa's self destruct does about the same thing right?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Similar but planet cracker chunks the ultras a lot harder and fenix is almost guaranteed to find a safe position to do it from.

Fenix has totally replaced rag on that map for me.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Jul 20, 2018

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Friendship OVER with Ragnaros. FENIX is my new best friend

On another note, Yrel is my favorite goat in the game. Sorry Billie.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

BrianBoitano posted:

Friendship OVER with Ragnaros. FENIX is my new best friend

On another note, Yrel is my favorite goat in the game. Sorry Billie.

You do have Yrel's mount set as Billie, right?

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Dietrich posted:

poo poo, I will NOW

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Dietrich posted:

I had the Alterac Valley goat so I could do Alliance cosplay with the Divine Steed talent, but yeah, Billie mount seems obvious in hindsight.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I've been losing to raynor all week, but I don't think it'll be hard to balance him. I think the only things that should change are his level 1 executioner, his 5% scaling, and dusk wings to be 75/75. This might even be an overnerf, I know I called paint them red insane but it's manageable i think.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

No Wave posted:

I've been losing to raynor all week, but I don't think it'll be hard to balance him. I think the only things that should change are his level 1 executioner, his 5% scaling, and dusk wings to be 75/75. This might even be an overnerf, I know I called paint them red insane but it's manageable i think.

TBH the best thing I've found is just focusing his loving banshee. Most Raynors (at least at my level) aren't good at keeping it alive and it flys all over the place. It doesn't have that many HP. That halves his damage output for 45 seconds for very little work. It's particularly effective when they keep trying to dive squishies with it.

I had a haunted mines yesterday where Hammer repeatedly and alone came in through the middle gate to attack our keeps. She died a lot. We still lost.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Twitch clips won't load for me anymore for some dumbass reason, but I'm guessing Fenix Planet Cracker'd the zerg wave and cleaned it up pretty much instantly.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Kith posted:

Twitch clips won't load for me anymore for some dumbass reason, but I'm guessing Fenix Planet Cracker'd the zerg wave and cleaned it up pretty much instantly.

Killed everything except for the Ultras which were at half health.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Agreed on the Jimmy being OP. Finally got a chance to play him last night and wow. Between the damage, healing and sustain he is a one man army.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

That banshee is a nightmare to control, very slow and floaty and doesn't seem to follow you very well at all.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Kurieg posted:

Killed everything except for the Ultras which were at half health.

A 100% Zerg wave post level 10 was reduced to three gimpy Ultralisks. I imagine it takes a bit of practice to get that aim perfect, if you're off by even a few pixels it's going to do almost nothing.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Agreed on the Jimmy being OP. Finally got a chance to play him last night and wow. Between the damage, healing and sustain he is a one man army.

I'm curious how much they are going to savage him. Ace in the Hole is bad talent design and should be changed/removed, but he's honestly still pretty strong without it.

Ideally they should change Ace in the Hole/Unstable Compound/Paint Em Red, but I am sure they are going to nerf all his base stats too

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

The Raynor nerf I want to see that nobody seems to be talking about is to give his banshee the same health bar as Nazeebo’s Gargantuan and Kerrigan’s Ultralisk. It’s pretty insane that something that does so much damage is so hard to spot in a crowded lane.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

A 100% Zerg wave post level 10 was reduced to three gimpy Ultralisks. I imagine it takes a bit of practice to get that aim perfect, if you're off by even a few pixels it's going to do almost nothing.
That hasn't been my experience, i got at least 85% that much on my first try. It's very easy, way easier than timing the d va bomb.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

I think the guardians were still up too.

blastron posted:

The Raynor nerf I want to see that nobody seems to be talking about is to give his banshee the same health bar as Nazeebo’s Gargantuan and Kerrigan’s Ultralisk. It’s pretty insane that something that does so much damage is so hard to spot in a crowded lane.

I don't know I feel like the banshee is pretty easy to kill if you just focus it. The AI for it doesn't seem great and most players probably can't baby sit it that well. It feels less responsive than Misha to me.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

No Wave posted:

That hasn't been my experience, i got at least 85% that much on my first try. It's very easy, way easier than timing the d va bomb.

Hahahahahahahaha very good to know

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

bamhand posted:

I think the guardians were still up too.

I don't know I feel like the banshee is pretty easy to kill if you just focus it. The AI for it doesn't seem great and most players probably can't baby sit it that well. It feels less responsive than Misha to me.

No, all the guardians popped.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Dietrich posted:

Since draenei are space goats, it clearly needs to be the new Celestial Billie. :v:

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Yeah one of the big problems with Jimmy's Banshee is that it's just so... small. I don't think it needs to be Medivac-sized, but it needs to be at least half as big as it currently is for the damage it puts out.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Kith posted:

Yeah one of the big problems with Jimmy's Banshee is that it's just so... small. I don't think it needs to be Medivac-sized, but it needs to be at least half as big as it currently is for the damage it puts out.

Lili is small but she still puts out big heals

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
The Banshee is precisely the kind of thing I have trouble keeping track of. I very easily kind of "get lost" when things start going crazy. It is the big reason I hate playing support, because it is difficult to get in clutch heals and cleanses when you have trouble keeping track of stuff on screen. :smith:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It looks like a micro machine. Balance aside it just looks weird. On top of it flying hitboxes in this game are very very confusing.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

ToastyPotato posted:

The Banshee is precisely the kind of thing I have trouble keeping track of. I very easily kind of "get lost" when things start going crazy. It is the big reason I hate playing support, because it is difficult to get in clutch heals and cleanses when you have trouble keeping track of stuff on screen. :smith:

I started having this problem when I turned off the auto-center feature because it was preventing me from seeing important stuff. I haven't really found an answer yet, but spacebar is your friend, it will recenter the screen on you, which I've found makes tracking other things easier.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

TBH the best thing I've found is just focusing his loving banshee. Most Raynors (at least at my level) aren't good at keeping it alive and it flys all over the place. It doesn't have that many HP. That halves his damage output for 45 seconds for very little work. It's particularly effective when they keep trying to dive squishies with it.

And then Jimmy hits level 20 and you die trying to bring down the 4k hp murdercopter.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Eraflure posted:

And then Jimmy hits level 20 and you die trying to bring down the 4k hp murdercopter.

Protip: win before 20

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

lol when there's still camps on map? and keeps? you fool!

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

appropriatemetaphor posted:

lol when there's still camps on map? and keeps? you fool!

I had to drag a team kicking and screaming to the core with a terror last night on gardens while two keeps were up and we got a team wipe on the 3rd keep. JUST WIN seems alien to so many people. Why risk a throw?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

:thunk: