Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

goferchan posted:

Oh man it's so good. Instantly ascended into my favorites of all time when I finished it

I don't really like how 9S plays but I'm glad he really does play completely different than 2B. Also it's cool how the music fades out to an 8 bit version of the current track when you're hacking, and that hacking is basically a 2d version of a regular fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Decided to upgrade cat gear for now, and the stats make more sense considering what I'm speccing towards. The twirly move is hella silly lol, not sure how useful it's going to be but we'll see. Enhanced cat gear adds sleeves to the armor which was kind of a bummer. I liked rolled up Marlboro sleeve Geralt

The twirly turned out super useful at doing damage and making enemies back off, but a bunch of times what happened was I jumped in and only got 1 or 2 hits in a big group of enemies cause they all got pushed away.

The overhead strong chop thats its heavy counterpart is rear end though, do not recommend.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Larry Parrish posted:

I don't really like how 9S plays but I'm glad he really does play completely different than 2B. Also it's cool how the music fades out to an 8 bit version of the current track when you're hacking, and that hacking is basically a 2d version of a regular fight

it clicked with me better once I checked out the moveset he gets with spears but I agree, I missed the light/heavy attacks. you can definitely do cool stuff with hacking though -- also route B is kind of as long or as short as you wanna make it since sidequests carry over and all your transporters stay active , so it's easy to rush through if you feel like it

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

This is the Witcher thread you mongoloids.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Decided to upgrade cat gear for now, and the stats make more sense considering what I'm speccing towards. The twirly move is hella silly lol, not sure how useful it's going to be but we'll see. Enhanced cat gear adds sleeves to the armor which was kind of a bummer. I liked rolled up Marlboro sleeve Geralt

the twirly move is really good

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Sharkopath posted:

The twirly turned out super useful at doing damage and making enemies back off, but a bunch of times what happened was I jumped in and only got 1 or 2 hits in a big group of enemies cause they all got pushed away.

The overhead strong chop thats its heavy counterpart is rear end though, do not recommend.

all the strong attack stuff seemed like rear end except the general dps one compared to the light attack skills. but i also used mostly signs because i thought they were cooler and more fun + the griffen gear mastercraft upgrades sounded badass and they were

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
i got a bug that doesnt let you progress in the quest where you find triss because some witcher sense thing doesnt show up. i googled it and all the posts are people from 2015 being assured the bug would be fixed in the next patch

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

dangerdoom volvo posted:

i got a bug that doesnt let you progress in the quest where you find triss because some witcher sense thing doesnt show up. i googled it and all the posts are people from 2015 being assured the bug would be fixed in the next patch

That sounds way worse than my bug, jesus. Try loading an earlier save maybe?

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

That sounds way worse than my bug, jesus. Try loading an earlier save maybe?

i did a file integrity thing and steam found something messed up and now it works

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Continued the story. Spoilers:

I can kind of see why rabid fans want Ciri in cyberpunk now. She talks about ppl having metal in their heads and having flying ships. Lol. At this point I wouldn't mind that but I guess it's already been shot down by a dev

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

More skellige spoilers:

Oh so you just gonna kill Vesemir, on my home turf??? You just signed your own death warrant. Believe I'm going to clap back, HARD.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

More skellige spoilers:

Oh so you just gonna kill Vesemir, on my home turf??? You just signed your own death warrant. Believe I'm going to clap back, HARD.

My game glitched out in the middle of this fight and put me into an autopsy scene with the scar face other witcher guy while I was still status-effected from the fight itself. I thought it was a flashback at first until I realized it had nothing to do with anything that'd just happened.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

More skellige spoilers:

did you keep drinking all night? It’s one of the best scenes

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

God that scene is sooooo good

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

did you keep drinking all night? It’s one of the best scenes

geralt waking up on the floor shirtless while everyone else is already hard at work on dangerous precision surgery ftw

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

did you keep drinking all night?

m8.. lol, you even have to ask??

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

If theres a non-geralt story it should be about the witcher whose name i can't remember that you're sort of following throughout witcher 1 but hes disgraced or something and then gets owned

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
you should be an ofeiri merchant and your objective is to get rich like torenko from dragon quest 4 and all the rpg elements are purely dialogue and gwent skills since the writing is a billion times better than the combat

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

It should be Pyre but with Gwent where each character has a set of cards and you gain/lose sets over the course of the plot

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

After flip flopping a bit I landed back on griffin armor. Muh DOT autism requires it, plus it makes yrden actually useful. I'm nearing the end of the main story now, most likely overleveled but that's how I do.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
still got those dlc

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Triss nwords:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FEDrU85FLE

Yenn nwords:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aB6CPyO0Ww

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Absolutely

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Ciri ni🅱️🅱️as:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5u4_9msT_I

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

is picking ciri really an option...what the gently caress lol.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

extremebuff posted:

is picking ciri really an option...what the gently caress lol.

Thankfully not, but that hasn’t stopped people who are definitely on the FBI’s active watch list from demanding it

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

poo poo like this is why google thinks the imp zone is a bunch of violent pedophiles

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
SJWs made Geraldo say stuff like its 1280 and a sorceress can blow up however many kings she chooses and also denying him the possibility of sleeping with his daughter

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

mysterious loyall X posted:

SJWs made Geraldo say stuff like its 1280 and a sorceress can blow up however many kings she chooses and also denying him the possibility of sleeping with his daughter

lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

Lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

The Yennefer romance side mission about the teleported ship and the djinn is really good, and a great callback to the first book.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Did you just get back from the mountain?

Thats my favorite yennefer being cool scene, just how different she treats it from triss.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The Yennefer romance side mission about the teleported ship and the djinn is really good, and a great callback to the first book.

It's sooooooo fuckin good. I peeped the scenes for if you deny her and it's heartbreaking. Poor Yen.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Last time I was playing this I got stuck on that ship and couldn't figure out what to do because the detective sense wasn't working and the ship loaded completely empty of everything that wasn't world geometry somehow

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Larry Parrish posted:

Last time I was playing this I got stuck on that ship and couldn't figure out what to do because the detective sense wasn't working and the ship loaded completely empty of everything that wasn't world geometry somehow

Sounds romantic

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm in Skellige presumably right before the poo poo goes down, doing quests leading into it

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I'm in Skellige presumably right before the poo poo goes down, doing quests leading into it

Imo I would do hearts of stone dlc before the final quest in vanilla

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Lumpy the Cook posted:

the teleported ship

That scene gave me a case of the feels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

spb posted:

Imo I would do hearts of stone dlc before the final quest in vanilla