Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
Why is my Eevee with maxed affection not evolving into Espeon? Or Umbreon for that matter since I'm not sure if the Moon time flip matters here. It's 9am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Espeon evolves by Friendship, not Affection. That’s Sylveon.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Nitramster posted:

Why is my Eevee with maxed affection not evolving into Espeon? Or Umbreon for that matter since I'm not sure if the Moon time flip matters here. It's 9am.

The flipped time in Moon absolutely does matter to evolving. Beyond that, does it have an Everstone equipped? If it isn't that, then its happiness isn't maxed, you should try feeding it a happiness-increasing Berry and see how it reacts, if it says it can't rise any higher, then I'm out of ideas.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!

less laughter posted:

Espeon evolves by Friendship, not Affection. That’s Sylveon.

I didn't realize these were different things... :facepalm:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

iospace posted:

Pokemon thread, I approach you with a request:

I need an Own Tempo Rockruff (as I'm resetting my game).

However, I need the purple nectar on it when traded. I decided I'm doing my "All Ghost" run and given that's a postgame item, I would like someone to pass it on quickly.

There may or may not be a code in it for you! (I'll see how many I can grab tomorrow).

If you still need one I can hook you up, friend. I'm on the Discord, same username as here.

If you want extras you can specify egg moves y/n and Fashion Ball.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I feel sorry for an Eevee that has max Affection, max Friendship, a Fairy move, and is near an icy rock in a mossy forest

What does it evolve into, ignoring game mechanics where I think Location overrides everything else

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Vinylshadow posted:

I feel sorry for an Eevee that has max Affection, max Friendship, a Fairy move, and is near an icy rock in a mossy forest

What does it evolve into, ignoring game mechanics where I think Location overrides everything else

Max affection, max friendship, Fairy move, Ice and Moss Rocks imported from somewhere, all three evolution stones at once while on the exact moment where it's turning from day to night.

Schrodingeon. It is all and no evolutions until we confirm it.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Blaze Dragon posted:

Max affection, max friendship, Fairy move, Ice and Moss Rocks imported from somewhere, all three evolution stones at once while on the exact moment where it's turning from day to night.

Schrodingeon. It is all and no evolutions until we confirm it.

I think you defined the requirements for Eevee's dragon-type evolution.

MTV Crib Death
Jun 21, 2012
I told my fat girlfriend I wanted to bang skinny chicks and now I'm wondering why my relationship is garbage.

The only toy my dog hasn't destroyed.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
Welp, just finished the Team Rainbow Rocket arc, and a few thoughts as I was going through it.

1) Oh wow, that's R/S/E Archie/Maxie, not OR/AS. That caught me off-guard. Neat!
2) Whoa, and Ghetsis is officially the first villain in a main-series game who goes "What? I lost the Pokemon battle? NO gently caress YOU, DROP THE POKEBALLS OR I loving KILL THE GIRL, GOT IT?!" Refreshing, and really helps establish that he's honestly the most BRUTAL villain in the series when the chips are down.
3) COLRESS TO THE FUCKIN' RESCUE, AW YEAH! Straight up Science-Goku'd Lillie out of trouble!
4) I like how Giovanni's pokemon are all in Masterballs. He did get control of Silph, I guess.
5) HOLY gently caress 55 BIG NUGGETS JESUS gently caress
6) Oh yeah, Guzma teaming with you in a double battle was neat and WAIT A SEC WHY IS LILLE JUMPING INTO A DOUBLE BATTLE, SHE HAS A POKEMON WHAT. Also, holy crap, her Clefairy is actually genuinely helpful thanks to having both Light Screen and Reflect. But drat it, choose your targets better, there is a Scrafty on the field, stop using Moonblast on the Claydol

BlazetheInferno fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Jul 19, 2018

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Cut her some slack she's still new to this.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

MTV Crib Death posted:

The only toy my dog hasn't destroyed.

bulky water types, yo

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

iospace posted:

Pokemon thread, I approach you with a request:

I need an Own Tempo Rockruff (as I'm resetting my game).

However, I need the purple nectar on it when traded. I decided I'm doing my "All Ghost" run and given that's a postgame item, I would like someone to pass it on quickly.

There may or may not be a code in it for you! (I'll see how many I can grab tomorrow).

If you still need this I can breed one up after work. Just send me a PM

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Hey thread, I've been posting more pokemon drawings on my tumblr. http://nessabee87.tumblr.com

I've got a convention coming up and I'd like to make more buttons of some of these drawings. Definitely the first and final forms of the starters and other popular ones like Psyduck, Pikachu, Meowth and Jigglypuff. Let me know what other ones I should make!

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

I really like the Pidgeotto one. It’s very dynamic, and would make for a cool pin.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

This is the best magical girl anime.

https://twitter.com/mrfeelswildride/status/1020065401890168832

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Because people watching try to get one too. Audience participation! It's been a core part of this stuff ever since the first Let's Plays that were a series of like 700 JPG screenshots with a poll whether to name Squall Bonerdad

Too many letters :negative:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Tsareena is my queen.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Vinylshadow posted:

You're right that location overrides everything else, I know that much. I'm pretty sure affection overrides friendship, but I haven't tested it.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
The order of priority is Glaceon/Lefaeon (location) > Sylveon (Affection + Fairy move) > Espeon/Umbreon (Friendship).

Aristide
Sep 2, 2011

Mysterious Cat Country

Breeding in Gen II is the worst. I'm wrapping up the postgame in Crystal and breeding shinies/interesting moves for my living dex while I do and at it's best there's only a 40% chance of an egg spawning. It's 10% at it's worst which is what I'm normally dealing with for egg moves. Most of the novelty egg moves are just that too. No one needs a Squirtle that knows confusion.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

But Phanpy with Water Gun is +A breeding.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/ScruffyTurtles/status/1019433917378514944

Does he call it Daddy too?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
real-life Alolan Raichu

https://twitter.com/zerojirou/status/1019718673123065856

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

less laughter posted:

The order of priority is Glaceon/Lefaeon (location) > Sylveon (Affection + Fairy move) > Espeon/Umbreon (Friendship).

That makes sense. You can change location to dodge Glaceon, unlearn Baby-Doll Eyes to skip Sylveon, and use a stone instead of leveling to get the originals. Espeon and Umbreon are really the only ones you can't avoid, so its fitting they get bottom priority.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
update from my last post: i have now won the world cup of pokemon (blue trophy)

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
You know, a thought occurs.

In the anime, the Pokemon doesn't have to be holding anything to use a Z-Move. It's all about what crystal is set in the Z-Ring the trainer's wearing. Does that mean a pokemon in the Anime could theoretically Mega-Evolve, and then also use a Z-Move? Oo;

EDIT: ALRIGHT, WHO GOT POWER RANGERS IN MY POKEMON ANIME

BlazetheInferno fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Jul 21, 2018

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

tbp posted:

update from my last post: i have now won the world cup of pokemon (blue trophy)

hell yeah

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

The Bee posted:

That makes sense. You can change location to dodge Glaceon, unlearn Baby-Doll Eyes to skip Sylveon, and use a stone instead of leveling to get the originals. Espeon and Umbreon are really the only ones you can't avoid, so its fitting they get bottom priority.

You can knock them out a bunch and fill them full of herbs to make them hate you

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Ariong posted:

I really like the Pidgeotto one. It’s very dynamic, and would make for a cool pin.

Thanks! Maybe I'll make it a pin!

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
https://twitter.com/vicehii/status/1020364118774112256

:abrathink:

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

But Machamp still has a turtle beak and Ninja Turtle feet.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Nth Doctor posted:

Helping iospace out will get you a Shiny Zygarde Code.

Please forward it to Silver Falcon. Thanks again for the help!

(Hala was not happy to face a ghost bird)

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
Guess who found a pile of Entei/Raikou codes at the store that are begging to be used up.

A8Z9E8DM9J769MTD

A8Z9E8CTJP2XCH3P

A8Z9E8888FJG45QC

A8Z9E87MQZ8LSD7D

A8Z9E86SR22RFA6Q

A8Z9E85LW28GHZ8Z

A8Z9E827L2U87R4M

Level Seven fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Aug 3, 2018

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
Okay, curiosity here.

I have what feels like a borderline OCD sort of... arrangement when it comes to my party. Higher levels to the back, lower levels to the front. Priority of Pokemon use is skewed toward the front of the party; when a pokemon levels up, the party is rearranged as necessary. Example:

Mudsdale, 68 | Marowak, 68
Noivern, 69 | Electivite, 69
Muk, 69 | Primarina, 70

If the Mudsdale hits 69, it gets switched with the Marowak. If the Noivern hits 70, it switches with the Muk. See how it works? The goal is to keep the party as close together in levels as I can. Why? Because any of my chosen team falling behind in levels is UNACCEPTABLE. The back of the party is only brought out in case of emergency. I generally don't use the EXP. Share, as it tends to result in my using one or two pokemon that level slower than the others while the rest of the party sees little to no action. Such as my first playthrough of Moon, toward the end of which became the saga of Zygarde and Cloyster's futile attempts to catch up with the rest of the party.

But to the point of my post. Is this some bizarre habit unique to me, or is this (or some variant of it) a common practice.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
I always keep my team within one level of each other. I don't necessarily keep them sorted though.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I always keep my team sorted by level, lowest in front. I don't necessarily keep them within level parity though.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

BlazetheInferno posted:

Okay, curiosity here.

I have what feels like a borderline OCD sort of... arrangement when it comes to my party. Higher levels to the back, lower levels to the front. Priority of Pokemon use is skewed toward the front of the party; when a pokemon levels up, the party is rearranged as necessary. Example:

Muk, 69 | Primarina, 70

If the Mudsdale hits 69, it gets switched with the Marowak. If the Noivern hits 70, it switches with the Muk. See how it works? The goal is to keep the party as close together in levels as I can. Why? Because any of my chosen team falling behind in levels is UNACCEPTABLE. The back of the party is only brought out in case of emergency. I generally don't use the EXP. Share, as it tends to result in my using one or two pokemon that level slower than the others while the rest of the party sees little to no action. Such as my first playthrough of Moon, toward the end of which became the saga of Zygarde and Cloyster's futile attempts to catch up with the rest of the party.

But to the point of my post. Is this some bizarre habit unique to me, or is this (or some variant of it) a common practice.

No I do this too. I think it’s an over correction from my childhood days of only using the starter and not being able to beat the Elite 4 anyway because I was that bad at a game for kids as a kid.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

BlazetheInferno posted:

Okay, curiosity here.

Muk, 69 | Primarina, 70

I actually did exactly that as a kid, but now I just kinda roll with the flow and keep someone significantly underleveled in front. S/M going back to gen 5’s dynamic exp yield makes it generally pretty easy, to not fret too hard though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

BlazetheInferno posted:

Okay, curiosity here.

Muk, 69 | Primarina, 70

I used to do this, and I would also be obsessive about type balance and make sure I had at least one answer to every type and didn't double up on weaknesses. Then in White 2 I suddenly stopped giving a poo poo and started using whatever I wanted. My solution to the EXP share was to just use more dudes. I would box a dude when it got too high level and bring out somebody else, then bring the first guy back when everyone else caught up. In X I used a rotating stable of around 10 'mons. In Sun only around 8 because EXP share wasn't quite so busted. In Ultra Moon I left the EXP share and didn't even bother using extra dudes because that game is actually balanced around you using it and I was using a Theme Team so I wasn't steamrolling everything.

It's nice, really, that these games are so open ended and give you so many options. You can treat them as just a chill romp and use what you like, and you'll be fine. You can disable all the advantages the game gives you and make the game harder for yourself, and you'll be fine. You can impose challenges on yourself like Nuzlocke rules and mono-type challenges and... you'll probably be fine but poo poo can happen. It's why I've played these games for so long.