Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
You win if you get your overheal act report to be 100%+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alakaiser posted:

Maybe if you're playing conservatively. (or are doing tougher content and know when the damage is coming)

edit: I may have missed the sarcasm.

I wasn't being sarcastic, more incredulous. I mean, from what I've seen healing as a CJN/WHM, 50% ish is around when you start using your heals to top the tank back up. Especially if you're still in CJN and don't have the job crystal yet.

Anything else is overhealing and means you don't toss Stone or Aero out.

EDIT: Poly is my fave monster prommer

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Once you get your instant oGCD heal (Lustrate/Tetragrammaton/Essential Dignity), you can let the tank drop to 20-30% pretty easily before having to stop DPS. Depends a lot on the tank's gear level and competency.

Green Tea Erotica
May 5, 2010

Anything you can do I can do BETTER
The ideal DF Experience.
Start of Dungeon/Raid: Hello!

End of Dungeon/Raid: GJ!

It is also acceptable to go, "Anyone New?" when the "Someone is New!" pop-up appears just to make sure there won't be issues with any actual mechanics along the way.
All other talking is bad.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Indeed. 40-50% is playing it safe, you can let people go lower if you have an idea of how mobs hit and how mechanics work.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Green Tea Erotica posted:

All other talking is bad.

How is it possible for one post to be so wrong

The best DF runs are the ones where everybody is chatty and competent. It's rare but man does it make old dungeons fun when it happens.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Vermain posted:

Once you get your instant oGCD heal (Lustrate/Tetragrammaton/Essential Dignity), you can let the tank drop to 20-30% pretty easily before having to stop DPS. Depends a lot on the tank's gear level and competency.

This is why Benediction is a dps cooldown.

Rainuwastaken posted:

The best DF runs are the ones where everybody is chatty and competent. It's rare but man does it make old dungeons fun when it happens.

This. Good party members are great but good, chatty (but not creepy) party members are best.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
It's why alliance raids are often fun, getting 1/3 or 7 chatty people is fairly rare, but with 1/23 the chances are higher, and once you have 2 people shittalking others will try to weigh in too :v:

e: also obviously banter about which alliance group got everyone wiped

Truga fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jul 20, 2018

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Truga posted:

It's why alliance raids are often fun, getting 1/3 or 7 chatty people is fairly rare, but with 1/23 the chances are higher, and once you have 2 people shittalking others will try to weigh in too :v:

e: also obviously banter about which alliance group got everyone wiped

that's easy, the answer's always C. Except when I'm on it :v:

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rainuwastaken posted:

I used to shoot the poo poo all the time as a Dragoon. I'd sometimes get the comm just for that. Keeping the dungeon fun with chatter jokes or just going "My job is to stand in fire and blame the healer right? Sweet lets go" after saying "My first run in here so explain mechanics if needed thanks"

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Half of the fun of alliance raids is marking the boss as Target To Ignore 2, spelling out B A D with the markers, and spamming the ascii moogle in a go kart saying "Mechanics are for cars"

Oh and saying "big dick rolls" anytime someone rolls an uncontested Need and gets a 95+.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Phone posted:

Half of the fun of alliance raids is marking the boss as Target To Ignore 2, spelling out B A D with the markers, and spamming the ascii moogle in a go kart saying "Mechanics are for cars"

I see a lot of people in MSQ Roulette Castrate Meridian run ahead and mark up C1D at the places Cid stops.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Saint Freak posted:

I see a lot of people in MSQ Roulette Castrate Meridian run ahead and mark up C1D at the places Cid stops.

B1C D1C C1D

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I got Wind-up Scathach. :dance:

Green Tea Erotica
May 5, 2010

Anything you can do I can do BETTER

Rainuwastaken posted:

As soon as people start talking in DF all I ever see are crazies exploding and yelling at each other over trivial poo poo.
Bad luck I guess.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Tashilicious posted:

EDIT: Poly is my fave monster prommer

A fine opinion

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Phone posted:

Oh and saying "big dick rolls" anytime someone rolls an uncontested Need and gets a 95+.

DANGER BONGOS
DANGER BONGOS
DANGER BONGOS

(it'd be funnier if I could remember which se.# it was)

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Oxyclean posted:

DANGER BONGOS
DANGER BONGOS
DANGER BONGOS

Almost certain it's 8 or 9.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I think it's se.6

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Oxyclean posted:

DANGER BONGOS
DANGER BONGOS
DANGER BONGOS

Its 6. <se.6>

Go forth, and bongo

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Sex bongos, got it

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm having an annoying time getting past this Chrysalis trial, because it's difficult to get a PUG raid to understand that apparently only the tanks should stand under the meteors. I didn't really know what to do the first time, and someone just said "stand under the meteors" and I was like "um it just killed me in one hit," and I looked it up afterwards and apparently only the tank is supposed to.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
Any buffs you use before going in the spooky portal get extended by about 10x their normal duration too so tanks can just load up on mitigation (or Hallowed Ground if they're a Paladin) and brush those off no problem. It spawns two meteors at a time, one for each tank. Everyone else should be killing the anomaly.

Most groups just use a melee LB3 on the anomaly that spawns in there to get out ASAP. It's the most brainless way to do things and there is really nothing better to do with the limit break anyway.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
In my experience, every single person except for yourself is some shade of incompetent at Chrysalis. Every time i tank, someone else runs under meteors with me. FFS, don't catch a meteor with 2 people! The damage doesn't split!

Additionally, as far as i can remember every single time i went in as PLD (read: every single time i had a 1+ minute Hallowed Ground in meteor phase and was literally invincible for the entire duration of that phase), the other tank runs into meteor spots that i've already taken.
Every time.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

HenryEx posted:

In my experience, every single person except for yourself is some shade of incompetent at Chrysalis. Every time i tank, someone else runs under meteors with me. FFS, don't catch a meteor with 2 people! The damage doesn't split!

Additionally, as far as i can remember every single time i went in as PLD (read: every single time i had a 1+ minute Hallowed Ground in meteor phase and was literally invincible for the entire duration of that phase), the other tank runs into meteor spots that i've already taken.
Every time.

2.x was terrible at communicating mechanics, most other meteors are fine for everyone to stand in. Don't get me started on Doom and the million different ways that it works throughout each encounter.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Had a tank today do a huge pull of the beginning of Snowcloak, which is usually fine but I don't think the healer was ready so we all died. Then he typed a maniacal laugh into the chatbox and proudly exclaimed he was drunk. The rest of it went fine aside from the fact that neither he nor the BLM seemed to have any idea how to handle the Yeti so we had to kill it the long way, ugh. Motherfucker, stop casting Fire II! We need those Spriggans!

Also I was the only one who actually hid behind the icicles for Lunar Cry, rip.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Arist posted:

The rest of it went fine aside from the fact that neither he nor the BLM seemed to have any idea how to handle the Yeti so we had to kill it the long way, ugh. Motherfucker, stop casting Fire II! We need those Spriggans!

this is the hardest boss in the game and the only one i will bother to type out how to kill before fighting

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

The way most people seem to resolve it is to create a PF and then murder Sideburns while unsynched. The fight itself isn't hard, really. It's just that one person screwing up and refusing to listen to advice can sink the run and there's always one.

Though now I kind of wonder what the Nabreales section of an Ultimate Ascians fight would be like.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Balls.

Lots of balls.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Think Tigerman Extreme, but with the bullet sections cranked up to eleven. And there are some balls you have to eat, but not too many at once so you have to coordinate with your team.

And also Spellblade Holy is dragging you all over the place during it.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Chrysalis hack:
You know that DoT everyone gets in the tear? It actually gets applied before you go in, and then gets multiplied by the 10x duration thing. If you don’t get pulled in for as long as possible, the DoT will fall off and won’t be applied while you’re inside.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
2.1-2.55 is a shitload of gently caress

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

M.c.P posted:

Chrysalis hack:
You know that DoT everyone gets in the tear? It actually gets applied before you go in, and then gets multiplied by the 10x duration thing. If you don’t get pulled in for as long as possible, the DoT will fall off and won’t be applied while you’re inside.

I somehow missed this for ages and was pretty excited to find out, only to remember that you spend about 20 seconds in the rift anyway if you just LB the tear like a good boy.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Leal posted:

2.1-2.55 is a shitload of gently caress

Counterpoint: Shiva

Keeper of the Lake is also pretty cool, though having to heal it repeatedly with people who didn't understand the concept of AOEs or killing adds first was what got me to stop doing 50/60 roulette

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

jalapeno_dude posted:

Keeper of the Lake is also pretty cool, though having to heal it repeatedly with people who didn't understand the concept of AOEs or killing adds first was what got me to stop doing 50/60 roulette

shiva owns but she dies so quickly, now :smith:

same with leviathan

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

jalapeno_dude posted:

I can't entirely enjoy Keeper anymore because back during Heavensward 50 Roulette was basically "how much do I want do Keeper of the Lake today", I swear I got it three times more than any other pull in roulette.

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

M.c.P posted:

Chrysalis hack:

Also great is that beneficial CDs are increased too, enjoy that 1m long Hallowed Ground

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Perfect Balance might be the most ridiculous buff to throw on right before entering the rift.

E: in theory. In reality you'll be using LB3 as soon as the tear appears and you won't get many actual punches in.

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jul 21, 2018

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The most important one is for tanks to pop sprint

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。